Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GGG/Ramirez?

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    GGG would crush Lara. He boxes with his legs too much for a guy that cuts off the ring so well.

You have to be diverse to beat GGG and you have to occupy him. GGG would only be hunting against Lara and he's the best hunter in the business right now.
    He should prove it.

If no canelo...move up.
    I'd give a few of GGG's opponents a great chance to beat Lara at 160 pounds, and I do like the Cuban's style. It would prove absolutely nothing if GGG were to beat him up.
    I agree on Lara. It doesn't prove a whole lot to corral a smaller fleet footed lara into a corner and drop a hammer on him when he really cant hurt you. But i have grown quite a fondness for Lara and his style... which is weird considering i cant stand what floyd became, what ward does and how rigo conducted his business much of the time. Maybe because Lara seems to just take a few steps then sets for an exchange, gets the better of it and moves on before doing it again 2 seconds later. There's no 45 seconds of continues side stepping, feinting, clinching, sitting in a shell just to land a pot shot... He'll throw with you and just finds away to slip or block your shot at the same time. and i have to say it cracked me up when he mocked martyrosians flurries.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I like him because he's juts not quite as good/complete as those guys imo, so he has to fight in spots and really sits down on the openings he gets. Vanes did some mean body work in their fight, I'm surprised Lara was in the mood to even mention GGG with how his ribs must have felt.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I think I like him because he's juts not quite as good/complete as those guys imo, so he has to fight in spots and really sits down on the openings he gets. Vanes did some mean body work in their fight, I'm surprised Lara was in the mood to even mention GGG with how his ribs must have felt.
    Well that's just it, I think if he was more picky with his shots or actively clinching, he could inch his way toward that circle but he chooses to commit more and dance/hold less even if he knows it could up the chances of him getting caught. Vanes got his body work done but it didnt affect lara as much as i thought it would. In fact it looked at times that Lara was almost invited it at times to get VM's gloves away from his face and open him up a little to the counters. Of course lara wants that recognition and payday but i don't think he can take the abuse as well as he thinks (just because he fought canelo)
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG is negotiating with Eubank for September. Does he stay at 168 if he goes there or does he drop back down?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG is negotiating with Eubank for September. Does he stay at 168 if he goes there or does he drop back down?
    Eubank wants to go to the Olympics so he is being busy or just lying.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if he beat up eubank and makes himself a bit of a star in blighty surely he could set up a relativity big fight v saunders for the last main belt at middleweight, that would be cool, alvarez is too big to go back to 154 for long so as long as he keeps making money then the real big fight for golovkin will be there in the future. I would think he stays at middleweight .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well it seems like a good idea for him his division is pretty much trash and not much going on. I am a critic of GGG but in no way can i say he ducked Ward because Ward did not fight for ever and when he came back moved up in division. Moving up in weight is best way to get some names on GGG resume. I really want to see if his power moves up in division or he might end up like Pavlik because you could tell his power at mw and lhw were night and day it will be some good fights though i am sure of it.

Thread Information