Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jazza Dickens v Guillermo Rigondeaux

Jazza Dickens faces Guillermo Rigondeaux for WBA super-bantamweight title

Britain's Jazza Dickens will fight WBA super-bantamweight title holder Guillermo Rigondeaux in Cardiff on Saturday, 16 July.

Undefeated Rigondeaux had to call off a fight with the Liverpool boxer in March because of visa issues.

The Cuban, 35, became WBA champion when Carl Frampton opted to fight for a featherweight title rather than defend his super-bantamweight belt.

"It's been my childhood dream to be the best in the world," said Dickens, 25.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jazza Dickens v Guillermo Rigondeaux

Well thank god this one was rescheduled, would have hated to see Jazza Dickens rotting on the vine any longer.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was pretty obvious neither Frampton or Quigg (if he would of won) was ever gonna fight Rigondeaux. Dickens will have as much success as Willie Casey

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was going to put money on Jazza to win last time, I had a strange feeling he was going to cause an upset.

I think I'll go for it again if the odds are decent

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I was going to put money on Jazza to win last time, I had a strange feeling he was going to cause an upset.

Decent being like 500/1? I watched this Dickens fellow just to humor myself wondering why Rigondeaux is even bothering, and don't get me wrong he is decent and I suck at predicting fights, but there are still levels. With both being lefties and Dickens seemingly not having any real punch, the most I could see is Rigo somehow not impressing or looking old, but he's still going to win this easily. If you could get decent odds on Rigo winning by stoppage in the first few rounds I think that seems a much more sensible way to waste money.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

more boxing garbage , one of the finest fighters in the world fighting a guy who isn't even strong international class.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

Decent being like 500/1? I watched this Dickens fellow just to humor myself wondering why Rigondeaux is even bothering, and don't get me wrong he is decent and I suck at predicting fights, but there are still levels. With both being lefties and Dickens seemingly not having any real punch, the most I could see is Rigo somehow not impressing or looking old, but he's still going to win this easily. If you could get decent odds on Rigo winning by stoppage in the first few rounds I think that seems a much more sensible way to waste money.
    Don't get me wrong I agree with you completely, but do you ever just get a feeling which you can't logically explain?
    I know it makes no sense at all I just had this gut feeling that perhaps Rigo will get old over night or Jazza will land one lucky punch, I dunno it doesn't add up in my head either

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dickens was outboxing Galahad until the stoppage. Don't see him beating Rigo, but this is dickens' opportunity so you can bet he will give it a good go. He's a decent human being and deserves this chance!!! Good luck to Jazza!

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

Don't get me wrong I agree with you completely, but do you ever just get a feeling which you can't logically explain?
    I know it makes no sense at all I just had this gut feeling that perhaps Rigo will get old over night or Jazza will land one lucky punch, I dunno it doesn't add up in my head either
    Rigo has been hurt and has been out of action for a while, so why not?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's this saturday but you'd never know as it's on BoxNation promoted by the dinosaurs.

Terry Flanagan, the most least known "world" champ in history, is in a fantastic fight against Mzonke Fana, who Barrera chinned at feather/sup feather 100 years ago.

The actual headline fight is the best one - Liam Williams-Gary Corcoran for the Brit/Comm titles. Both unbeaten, the styles will mix well (although that's not a good thing for Corcoran). Williams just looks better and better to me, a vicious puncher.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dickens v rigo is a bigger miss match than Brook GGG

Im looking forward to Saturday night tho

nothing better than sitting on the couch drinking beer and watching boxing, hopefully my mrs will fuck off out, that would be the cherry
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually had a bet on the first fight for Dickens to win. First bet I put on for years and it's the ultimate mug punter bet. Haven't bothered betting on the second fight and will be away so unlikely to put a second bet on. Watch the fucker win.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had a tenner on Jazza this morning got it at 12/1

I had a gut feeling about it before so I've gone for it this time, makes no sense I know but everyone keeps telling me 2016 is the year of upsets

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    It's this saturday but you'd never know as it's on BoxNation promoted by the dinosaurs.

Terry Flanagan, the most least known "world" champ in history, is in a fantastic fight against Mzonke Fana, who Barrera chinned at feather/sup feather 100 years ago.

The actual headline fight is the best one - Liam Williams-Gary Corcoran for the Brit/Comm titles. Both unbeaten, the styles will mix well (although that's not a good thing for Corcoran). Williams just looks better and better to me, a vicious puncher.
    Its funny Frank Warren coming out and criticizing Hearn for putting Joshua in with Breazeale and then putting one of his world champs in a fight like this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rigo should have made his team do everything to get the Flores fight done going through with the Dickens fight is little more than treading water
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Thread Information