Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can a 52 year old be a successful boxer without headgear?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Can a 52 year old be a successful boxer without headgear?

If a person who is exceptionally strong and is 52 and has a warrior's heart wanted to start a boxing career, and was willing to endure the gruelling training regimen, would it be feasible? Could that person fight for a title and work their way up? Would their older age allow fights to happen quicker because they" "didn't have a lot of time left"? What if they had heavy hands for their weight and were a monstor? and punched "pretty good"? (Those were the EXACT words of a professional trainer in NYC last week)
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 06-17-2016 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can a 52 year old be a successful boxer without headgear?

If your skull is as thick as yours is and your head as empty as yours then the answer is yes I think he can be successful Brock.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    If a person who is exceptionally strong and is 52 and has a warrior's heart wanted to start a boxing career, and was willing to endure the gruelling training regimen, would it be feasible? Could that person fight for a title and work their way up? Would their older age allow fights to happen quicker because they" "didn't have a lot of time left"? What if they had heavy hands for their weight and were a monstor? and punched "pretty good"? (Those were the EXACT words of a professional trainer in NYC last week)
    Can I come and watch your not making a comeback mate are you.?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way! It would be fun watching Homer brock Simpson try it though.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    If your skull is as thick as yours is and your head as empty as yours then the answer is yes I think he can be successful Brock.
    OK, good advice. I'll let him know. ;-)

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Maybe. Are you still risking Orlando next week? Guess you wouldn't be going to The Pulse for a little salsa? @Dia bando

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Maybe. Are you still risking Orlando next week? Guess you wouldn't be going to The Pulse for a little salsa? @Dia bando
    I shall refrain from The Pulse , as it's not my seen my friend as I have said I don't agree with the Life style but I would not wish them any harm.
    The guy was a nut job any how Daytona beach Co-Co beach , and key Largo are on the list Clearwater as well.😁

El Kabong Guest

Yeah, I think headgear is just window dressing for you brock.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Still I have the same size nose as Rocky Marciano and it would get broken very quickly so I will have to use that special kind of headgear he invented when he sparred which will cover completely my nose and cheekbones

El Kabong Guest

Still I have the same size nose as Rocky Marciano and it would get broken very quickly so I will have to use that special kind of headgear he invented when he sparred which will cover completely my nose and cheekbones
    You just going to let somebody smash you in the nose? Bob and weave

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You just going to let somebody smash you in the nose? Bob and weave
    The uppercut could get me. If I'm bobbing down and the punch is coming up at the same time---ouch!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you want to box, then go for it. I look upon everything as an existential act and boxing is a microcosm of existential philosophy. It makes no sense to be hit in the head at 52, but perhaps that is the point. The nay sayers will say you are afraid of death, but in reality it is an act of liberation, of self awareness, of wonder, of pain. It is to be and that is reason enough. Success is a nice word, but the act itself is the measure of success.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    If you want to box, then go for it. I look upon everything as an existential act and boxing is a microcosm of existential philosophy. It makes no sense to be hit in the head at 52, but perhaps that is the point. The nay sayers will say you are afraid of death, but in reality it is an act of liberation, of self awareness, of wonder, of pain. It is to be and that is reason enough. Success is a nice word, but the act itself is the measure of success.
    So in essence, you're telling Brock he's a fucking ass clown if he goes through with this? lol

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    So in essence, you're telling Brock he's a fucking ass clown if he goes through with this? lol
    I am just saying having the balls to do something is sometimes enough. It's not easy to be Rambo 3 and take on the entire Soviet Union, but Rambo: First Blood was much more realistic. John Rambo could have just walked away, but he said 'No, I jolly well want to stay in this town'.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You could die if you try to box at a high level what are you trying to go for. I mean 52 in boxing years you might as well be a 100 you are 20 years past your prime maybe even more and at your age you will not heal soon if you fight. It is your life but i would say it is not a good idea to get in ring now really.

Thread Information