Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 143

Thread: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,409
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2141
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Pretty brutal stoppage for Golovkin. There is nothing to suggest that Eubank has the kind of power, patience or skill to keep GGG of him. Everything points toward him being over confident, dropping his hands and /or showboating at some point, and getting proper mullered. Will be worth it to hear Snr pulling some outlandish excuse or conspiracy theory out of the hat to explain it.
    Yeah yeah yeah, all the same things were said about Fury before he fought Klitschko


    I had no idea GGG was a glass jawed 40 year old pacifist.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gotham/Batcave
    Posts
    5,531
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    328
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Pretty brutal stoppage for Golovkin. There is nothing to suggest that Eubank has the kind of power, patience or skill to keep GGG of him. Everything points toward him being over confident, dropping his hands and /or showboating at some point, and getting proper mullered. Will be worth it to hear Snr pulling some outlandish excuse or conspiracy theory out of the hat to explain it.
    Yeah yeah yeah, all the same things were said about Fury before he fought Klitschko


    I had no idea GGG was a glass jawed 40 year old pacifist.
    Don't worry Ross I've got this one.

    Yeah yeah yeah, people only started saying that about Klitschko after Fury beat him

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,130
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Just had a tweet come through about it.

    Poor old Jr, he gunna get KTFO...If it is true that is, Eddie Hearn tweeted it apparently I had the text from sky sports
    No so fast

    Does GGG hit as hard as they make out ? Have you seen a ref over a Triple G opponent say "7,8,9, 10"

    Mike Tyson used to knock them out for the count of 30 !!

    Have you ever seen Triple G, KO someone out cold like Canelo did Khan ?

    I haven't.

    But Eubank should be applauded for showing some bollocks. To be honest. I see Eubank Jr winning.

    Triple G is by no means old. But, at 34, he is not young either and with his come forward "You hit me. but I hit harder" I see this being similar to when Julio Chavez fought Meldrick Taylor in 1990.

    I see Eubank throwing lots of punches and being ahead, but it's just whether Triple G would catch up with him down the stretch. I've always said I'm not fan of Triple G at all. I just don't see anything special about him. Now I could be wrong but I say what I see, not what people tell me.

    Roy Jones. James Toney. Bernard Hopkins. Micheal Nunn. Mike McCallum would have stood him on his head. I think Steve Collins and Eubank Sr and Micheal Watson, Nigel Benn and Gerald McCllelan would have beat him too.
    Last edited by denilson200; 06-27-2016 at 05:25 AM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,760
    Mentioned
    1417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2670
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

    Golovkin is very heavy handed and stopped a lot of durable opponents like Murray, who Groves could not stop at super middle, so triple G's power must be respected.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gotham/Batcave
    Posts
    5,531
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    328
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

    Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Just had a tweet come through about it.

    Poor old Jr, he gunna get KTFO...If it is true that is, Eddie Hearn tweeted it apparently I had the text from sky sports
    No so fast

    Does GGG hit as hard as they make out ? Have you seen a ref over a Triple G opponent say "7,8,9, 10"
    point taken on the GGG knocking people out cold, it did make me have a hunt on youtube and I came across this one which I don't believe I have seen before, I think its fair to say this was a pretty solid knockout


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    799
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

    Well if the kid does indeed have his dads chin that alone will be a bigger Challenge then anything GGG has faced in his career. If GGG power is taken away from him i am very curious how good he will look he is a good boxer not great his power masks his flaws he has would love to watch the fight.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,409
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2141
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

    GGG is an effortless punching machine , he is pinpoint and deadly. The bodywork will break JR down and he will be most likely stopped in the later rounds.
    I think its a good matchup.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,409
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2797
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

    This is all bollocks. At the post fight press conference Hearn said the fight is done from Golovkin's end, everyones on board, but the Eubanks have to sign. To which the old man started waffling about it's up to Sky/money.

    They're just using Golovkin's name.

    Also, I don't agree there's evidence Jr has his dads beard, the only world-class fighter he's faced was a non-puncher. Doran, Spike, Blackwell - yeah these guys can crack but compared to Jacobs, Lee, Lemieux let alone Golovkin. Different levels.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,263
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

    if it isn't bollox, which I don't think it is, then Eubank does deserve a pat on the back for chasing the fight


    there's ways of gaining publicity that aren't chasing (what looks like) the most brutal boxer that's been on the scene for the last 30 years
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    684
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

    Who is in charge of his career? Is it Papa, Fast Eddie or him. Promoters say a lot of things about "done deals"

    The kid seems genuine. If its a front then they got me. If the fight happens great and if it does not so what? Its not supposed to.

    Question to Mr. @denilson200.

    How many 10 counts have you seen in the last 30 years?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,263
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

    chisora v scott
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,263
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

    he took on Saunders very early


    he had fought absolutely no one at the time and had only been a handful of rounds in 15ish fights


    to risk his unbeaten record against Saunders who is clearly a very good fighter and something which was clear at the time, that takes some balls
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,760
    Mentioned
    1417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2670
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    he took on Saunders very early


    he had fought absolutely no one at the time and had only been a handful of rounds in 15ish fights


    to risk his unbeaten record against Saunders who is clearly a very good fighter and something which was clear at the time, that takes some balls
    Eubank had a wrongly placed self inflated view of his own ability and did not fight an experienced fight against BJS. Junior would probably end up losing to Golovkin for the very same reason. Junior has not fought at a world class stage against a world class fighter and won.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,263
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    he took on Saunders very early


    he had fought absolutely no one at the time and had only been a handful of rounds in 15ish fights


    to risk his unbeaten record against Saunders who is clearly a very good fighter and something which was clear at the time, that takes some balls
    Eubank had a wrongly placed self inflated view of his own ability and did not fight an experienced fight against BJS. Junior would probably end up losing to Golovkin for the very same reason. Junior has not fought at a world class stage against a world class fighter and won.

    that's all probably very true


    but my post was in reaction to people saying his is bullshitting


    I'm saying that I think he is serious, I think that he actually thinks he can win and for the reasons you suggest
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1082
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    he took on Saunders very early


    he had fought absolutely no one at the time and had only been a handful of rounds in 15ish fights


    to risk his unbeaten record against Saunders who is clearly a very good fighter and something which was clear at the time, that takes some balls
    Eubank had a wrongly placed self inflated view of his own ability and did not fight an experienced fight against BJS. Junior would probably end up losing to Golovkin for the very same reason. Junior has not fought at a world class stage against a world class fighter and won.

    that's all probably very true


    but my post was in reaction to people saying his is bullshitting


    I'm saying that I think he is serious, I think that he actually thinks he can win and for the reasons you suggest
    I think so too.

    I would still like to see him take that opportunity to face Jacobs, not that I think Jacobs is great but Eubank has no fear of these last few opponents and isnt as focussed during the fight as he should be. He took the piss in that Doran fight. He could have wiped the floor with him in round one had he been deadly serious. Thats what I wanted to see. I think he troubles Golovkin but he needs someone who can pressure him with some power first even though I suppose in a way OSullivan and Blackwell could do that to a degree, they arent the best at not getting hit.

    Like Master said it could be Saunders over again. Just needed that bit more experience but pushes him to a close decision.

    I would still back him if he was to fight Golovkin next but if I was managing him id want that Jacobs fight first.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Haye v Fury set for Autumn ..?
    By smashup in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 06-15-2013, 09:55 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2013, 10:16 AM
  3. The Contender pt.3 - SMW this autumn
    By rvk1331 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 12:11 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 01:31 AM
  5. Joe wants Tarver for the Autumn!!
    By skel1983 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 12:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing