Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Pretty brutal stoppage for Golovkin. There is nothing to suggest that Eubank has the kind of power, patience or skill to keep GGG of him. Everything points toward him being over confident, dropping his hands and /or showboating at some point, and getting proper mullered. Will be worth it to hear Snr pulling some outlandish excuse or conspiracy theory out of the hat to explain it.
    Yeah yeah yeah, all the same things were said about Fury before he fought Klitschko

I had no idea GGG was a glass jawed 40 year old pacifist.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank Jr v GGG figthing in autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Pretty brutal stoppage for Golovkin. There is nothing to suggest that Eubank has the kind of power, patience or skill to keep GGG of him. Everything points toward him being over confident, dropping his hands and /or showboating at some point, and getting proper mullered. Will be worth it to hear Snr pulling some outlandish excuse or conspiracy theory out of the hat to explain it.
    Yeah yeah yeah, all the same things were said about Fury before he fought Klitschko

I had no idea GGG was a glass jawed 40 year old pacifist.
    Don't worry Ross I've got this one.

Yeah yeah yeah, people only started saying that about Klitschko after Fury beat him

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Just had a tweet come through about it.

Poor old Jr, he gunna get KTFO...If it is true that is, Eddie Hearn tweeted it apparently I had the text from sky sports
    No so fast

Does GGG hit as hard as they make out ? Have you seen a ref over a Triple G opponent say "7,8,9, 10"

Mike Tyson used to knock them out for the count of 30 !!

Have you ever seen Triple G, KO someone out cold like Canelo did Khan ?

I haven't.

But Eubank should be applauded for showing some bollocks. To be honest. I see Eubank Jr winning.

Triple G is by no means old. But, at 34, he is not young either and with his come forward "You hit me. but I hit harder" I see this being similar to when Julio Chavez fought Meldrick Taylor in 1990.

I see Eubank throwing lots of punches and being ahead, but it's just whether Triple G would catch up with him down the stretch. I've always said I'm not fan of Triple G at all. I just don't see anything special about him. Now I could be wrong but I say what I see, not what people tell me.

Roy Jones. James Toney. Bernard Hopkins. Micheal Nunn. Mike McCallum would have stood him on his head. I think Steve Collins and Eubank Sr and Micheal Watson, Nigel Benn and Gerald McCllelan would have beat him too.
    Last edited by denilson200; 06-27-2016 at 05:25 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin is very heavy handed and stopped a lot of durable opponents like Murray, who Groves could not stop at super middle, so triple G's power must be respected.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Just had a tweet come through about it.

Poor old Jr, he gunna get KTFO...If it is true that is, Eddie Hearn tweeted it apparently I had the text from sky sports
    No so fast

Does GGG hit as hard as they make out ? Have you seen a ref over a Triple G opponent say "7,8,9, 10"
    point taken on the GGG knocking people out cold, it did make me have a hunt on youtube and I came across this one which I don't believe I have seen before, I think its fair to say this was a pretty solid knockout

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well if the kid does indeed have his dads chin that alone will be a bigger Challenge then anything GGG has faced in his career. If GGG power is taken away from him i am very curious how good he will look he is a good boxer not great his power masks his flaws he has would love to watch the fight.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG is an effortless punching machine , he is pinpoint and deadly. The bodywork will break JR down and he will be most likely stopped in the later rounds.
    I think its a good matchup.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is all bollocks. At the post fight press conference Hearn said the fight is done from Golovkin's end, everyones on board, but the Eubanks have to sign. To which the old man started waffling about it's up to Sky/money.

They're just using Golovkin's name.

Also, I don't agree there's evidence Jr has his dads beard, the only world-class fighter he's faced was a non-puncher. Doran, Spike, Blackwell - yeah these guys can crack but compared to Jacobs, Lee, Lemieux let alone Golovkin. Different levels.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if it isn't bollox, which I don't think it is, then Eubank does deserve a pat on the back for chasing the fight

there's ways of gaining publicity that aren't chasing (what looks like) the most brutal boxer that's been on the scene for the last 30 years
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who is in charge of his career? Is it Papa, Fast Eddie or him. Promoters say a lot of things about "done deals"

The kid seems genuine. If its a front then they got me. If the fight happens great and if it does not so what? Its not supposed to.

Question to Mr. @denilson200.

How many 10 counts have you seen in the last 30 years?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

chisora v scott

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he took on Saunders very early

he had fought absolutely no one at the time and had only been a handful of rounds in 15ish fights

to risk his unbeaten record against Saunders who is clearly a very good fighter and something which was clear at the time, that takes some balls

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

he had fought absolutely no one at the time and had only been a handful of rounds in 15ish fights

to risk his unbeaten record against Saunders who is clearly a very good fighter and something which was clear at the time, that takes some balls
    Eubank had a wrongly placed self inflated view of his own ability and did not fight an experienced fight against BJS. Junior would probably end up losing to Golovkin for the very same reason. Junior has not fought at a world class stage against a world class fighter and won.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Eubank had a wrongly placed self inflated view of his own ability and did not fight an experienced fight against BJS. Junior would probably end up losing to Golovkin for the very same reason. Junior has not fought at a world class stage against a world class fighter and won.

that's all probably very true

but my post was in reaction to people saying his is bullshitting

I'm saying that I think he is serious, I think that he actually thinks he can win and for the reasons you suggest

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

that's all probably very true

but my post was in reaction to people saying his is bullshitting

I'm saying that I think he is serious, I think that he actually thinks he can win and for the reasons you suggest
    I think so too.

I would still like to see him take that opportunity to face Jacobs, not that I think Jacobs is great but Eubank has no fear of these last few opponents and isnt as focussed during the fight as he should be. He took the piss in that Doran fight. He could have wiped the floor with him in round one had he been deadly serious. Thats what I wanted to see. I think he troubles Golovkin but he needs someone who can pressure him with some power first even though I suppose in a way OSullivan and Blackwell could do that to a degree, they arent the best at not getting hit.

Like Master said it could be Saunders over again. Just needed that bit more experience but pushes him to a close decision.

I would still back him if he was to fight Golovkin next but if I was managing him id want that Jacobs fight first.

Thread Information