Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default boxer vs thai boxer

A thai boxer challenged me to spar him, anyway for me to win? i got about a years boxing experience and he has about 7 or 8 months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: boxer vs thai boxer

No winners in sparring son...thought that was the first thing you learn!

So is he being allowed to use elbows and knees? if so thats an unfair advantage. Thats like saying 'hey you do boxing i do judo lets spar'

If its hands only you'll cream him. Western boxing's hands will beat a thai boxers (if you train well). You concentrate only on hands where as his time is split between knees,elbows, kicking and hands.

I'd say you will cream him. Obviously a lot largely depends on skill level. You could be cack and he might be awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i know theres no winners in sparring what i meant is, he wanted to see if i can stand up to his style, no elbows or knees, but kicking is allowed only above waistline. the reason i accepted the challenge is because his a arrogant fool, who thinks any thai boxers would bea any boxers, his conditioning isnt all that great, i just hope i dont get hit on the face by one of them hard kicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So he's got more of an artillary than you. Thats like me challening you to a sword fight but i have two swords wheras you only have one.

To be honest mate with 7 months under his belt his kicks should not pose too many problems for you. Your hands will be better than his anyway so just watch his right leg. If he had 5 years under his belt then worry as kicks can be pretty devastating but with his limited amount of training they will be telegraphed to buggery and you will see them coming before he even thinks about throwing em.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the kicks should be easy to stop i would have thought using outside parries and if hes coming forward tryin to kick as they shud be slower than ur punchs u cn step back and counter as his legs just passes his face

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not a fair fight anyway if he can only be allowed to kick to the head. If you're confident allow all kicks and no knees to the head to make it more interesting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nah there the fuckers the last thing u want is him taking ur knee caps out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i did alot of thai boxing.
    id spar him, just for the fun of it, but hear this.

box him.
    if you try and get in close and slug it out youll be smashed with bare bone (ala eblows and knees).
    look on the internet for a way of stopping low roundhouses... you have to raise your shin into the kick to stop it smakcking your thighs.
    make sure you keep your eyes on his face, and dont watch his feet, youll probabely end up being dropped by hands.

use straight punches and speed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my uncle told me once to drop ur elbows to try and stop roundhouse kicks or perhaps just get ur knee in the way cus tht will fucking kill his feet big time becus of the contact area on one of them kicks dunno if tht will work though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the thai boxers i have seen their punches seem to come more from outside like hooks and tend to be more telegraphed. I would imagine this is a result of training elbows and transfers into a gross motor skill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by alex w
    i did alot of thai boxing.
    id spar him, just for the fun of it, but hear this.

box him.
    if you try and get in close and slug it out youll be smashed with bare bone (ala eblows and knees).
    look on the internet for a way of stopping low roundhouses... you have to raise your shin into the kick to stop it smakcking your thighs.
    make sure you keep your eyes on his face, and dont watch his feet, youll probabely end up being dropped by hands.

use straight punches and speed
    elbows and knees are not allowed and kicking below waist is not allowed, my trainer is letting me do it because he feels confident i can knock this guy out, he comes to my boxing gym (westham ABC) and laughs at the people sparring and starts talking shit saying, he can take 2 of us on at a time or boxing is made just for sport while thai boxers can handle themselves in a street fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you'll have no problem mate. Like i have said...thai hands are nowhere near as skilful as western boxing and his kicks will be so ridiculously telegraphed with his low skill level.

Sounds like a no brainer

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you are so confident how about this. You fight twice once with boxing rules and once with thai rules. Only way to tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what a cunt

if he can only kick high, wait for him to be a wanker and kick to your head. slip under and smash him to shit. dont stop punching till they have the scrape him off the walls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    If you are so confident how about this. You fight twice once with boxing rules and once with thai rules. Only way to tell.
    im not the one challenging anothers style, the guy is saying he will beat me in boxing rules so i said ok, then my trainer came in and said to the guy we'll let you use your legs aswell

Thread Information