Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How do you cope with boxing's summer break?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How do you cope with boxing's summer break?

Okay, so this season is nearly finished, and the last big fight before the break is probably Santa Cruz v Frampton in a couple of weeks, but what do you do on Saturday nights until stuff gets interesting again in September?

Personally, I think that summer would be a great time for boxing, although more open-air events would probably help combat the rising temperatures that make things tough for boxers. Anyway, the return of the football season in the UK, and plenty of alcohol should help to see me through...

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How do you cope with boxing's summer break?

Really did not know they had a season and took time off.

I am slowly getting put of by football. It is just shite and I hate the players and hype every year same bull being said.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't worry bud. Sure fire mega fights follow Santa Cruz v Frampton
    Hardest spot always seems to be end and beginning of year really. A literal ghost town of action

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Don't worry bud. Sure fire mega fights follow Santa Cruz v Frampton
    Hardest spot always seems to be end and beginning of year really. A literal ghost town of action
    And here's me thinking that Alexander Brand was some kind of PR consultant...

Roll on September and October, when my weekends are filled with football, boxing and NFL again.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hardly watch any sports whence my lack of boxing posting these days. Boxing is the only sport I would willingly watch more given the chance, but streams are rubbish and the TV is random when it comes to boxing scheduling. The other sports are just distractions to stop men from thinking properly. There are lots of things you could do instead. Read about philosophy, modern history, watch documentaries, listen to a back catalogue by an artist you ignored, practice tai chi, learn to cook, learn a new skill. Don't fret too much about a lack of sports.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I hardly watch any sports whence my lack of boxing posting these days. Boxing is the only sport I would willingly watch more given the chance, but streams are rubbish and the TV is random when it comes to boxing scheduling. The other sports are just distractions to stop men from thinking properly. There are lots of things you could do instead. Read about philosophy, modern history, watch documentaries, listen to a back catalogue by an artist you ignored, practice tai chi, learn to cook, learn a new skill. Don't fret too much about a lack of sports.
    Why would I want to read about philosophy when I could actually read some philosophy, and make up my own mind rather than reading someone else's opinions? So you're saying there is some conspirancy somewhere that promotes football and other sports so they can keep the populace mollified and compliant?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do I do? I passively watch football and complain about how much I dislike football

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Why would I want to read about philosophy when I could actually read some philosophy, and make up my own mind rather than reading someone else's opinions? So you're saying there is some conspirancy somewhere that promotes football and other sports so they can keep the populace mollified and compliant?
    It is an argument put forth by Noam Chomsky and others. Kind of makes sense when you consider the 'accept thy serfdom' British attitudes which were not always like that. You could add television to the argument too.

You can make up your own mind on philosophical iasues, but unless you are grounded in the concepts, then it is hard to say that you know philosophy. Just a suggestion if you are bored really. Play a sports game then! All I am saying is there is so much to do.

Thread Information