Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you rank Terrence Crawford P4P?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Where do you rank Terrence Crawford P4P?

I'd say he has to be in the top 5. He's a complete fighter with the best footwork in boxing, very fast hand speed, and decent power.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where do you rank Terrence Crawford P4P?

I'd say top 5 yes, though for me Loma and Rigo both have better footwork.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably #5 after kovalev, ward, GGG, and chocolatito. But he could definitely have a case for being higher.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top 3-5.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Probably #5 after kovalev, ward, GGG, and chocolatito. But he could definitely have a case for being higher.
    How are GGG and Kovalev above Crawford? Crawford has proven he is the best in 2 weight classes. While we assume GGG and Kovalev are the best in their 1 weight class each neither has proven it by beating the tops guys. And Ward, well, he proved it years ago but he hasn't done anything since. To me Kovalev/Ward are fighting for their spot later this year. Chocolatito is number 1 for sure.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    How are GGG and Kovalev above Crawford? Crawford has proven he is the best in 2 weight classes. While we assume GGG and Kovalev are the best in their 1 weight class each neither has proven it by beating the tops guys. And Ward, well, he proved it years ago but he hasn't done anything since. To me Kovalev/Ward are fighting for their spot later this year. Chocolatito is number 1 for sure.
    I was thinking exactly the same. After they fight, one of them is going to be top 3, and one will go down quite a bit. Crawford is definitely top 5 , maybe top 3 , and I believe he could end up no.1 .
    Now I'm not a fan of p4p rankings as there are so many subjectives and it's pretty meaningless. But one thing I would say is if Brook were to beat GGG (extremely unlikely I know.), then IMO he jumps from top 10-15 to no.1!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If actual performances are factored into this, Kovalev has to drop a spot or two.

Or do you write it off as a not so great night?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm still trying to figure out what defines p4p. I've defaulted to thinking it a sale tag and all for marketing now. Could go a hundred ways. Think he's a more complete capable boxer than a Golovkin but without the speed and dominating foot and hands of a Loma. Than again what they are doing is all attributed to who they are doing it against? Rigo ahead of Crawford and Canelo shouldn't even be on the list.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what defines p4p. I've defaulted to thinking it a sale tag and all for marketing now. Could go a hundred ways. Think he's a more complete capable boxer than a Golovkin but without the speed and dominating foot and hands of a Loma. Than again what they are doing is all attributed to who they are doing it against? Rigo ahead of Crawford and Canelo shouldn't even be on the list.
    So that's

1)Chocolatito
    2)Rigo
    3)Crawford

Or Loma ahead as well?

I can never figure out who should be at the top. It's much easier to figure who shouldn't be. For me it is almost all about what you have done. A slight adjustment for what I think you can go on to do. But it seems many think of what they think you can do first. I don't like that approach because we are all wrong from time to time. But we're never wrong about what already happened. As you said, Canelo is not anywhere unless the list is long.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same. After they fight, one of them is going to be top 3, and one will go down quite a bit. Crawford is definitely top 5 , maybe top 3 , and I believe he could end up no.1 .
    Now I'm not a fan of p4p rankings as there are so many subjectives and it's pretty meaningless. But one thing I would say is if Brook were to beat GGG (extremely unlikely I know.), then IMO he jumps from top 10-15 to no.1!
    I wouldn't know what the hell to do with Brook if he pulled that off. Honestly I hadn't even considered it because I don't think he stands a chance. But I will say it would be hard to move him past Chocolatito for me. Anyone moving past Chocolatito would be hard for me. That dude is legit.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kovalev has destroyed his opposition at LHW and Stevenson won't fight him. He has proven to be an elite fighter. His last fight was less than stellar but easily the worst I've seen him and he still easily won. Even greats have bad nights.

Ward is tough to judge I agree, but I also agree that the winner between those 2 should become the #1 p4p fighter. Chocolatito is legit so he deserves to be up there. GGG is also legit but I think that he is the one that Crawford jumps right now.

If Crawford gets a fight with pac and beats him then it will be a toss up on the #1 p4p between him and the ward/kovalev winner. Chocolatito will drop and GGG won't be able to catch up. Loma will also start rising quickly and will try to take that spot.

What a great crop of fighters we have right now! Best in at least a decade.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Chocolatito
    2. Golovkin
    3. Crawford

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it just because most "experts" put GGG that high or does nobody else think that kovalev is better? I think that his wins are more impressive and has a better resume. I just don't see how GGG could be ahead at this point.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    So that's

1)Chocolatito
    2)Rigo
    3)Crawford

Or Loma ahead as well?

I can never figure out who should be at the top. It's much easier to figure who shouldn't be. For me it is almost all about what you have done. A slight adjustment for what I think you can go on to do. But it seems many think of what they think you can do first. I don't like that approach because we are all wrong from time to time. But we're never wrong about what already happened. As you said, Canelo is not anywhere unless the list is long.

On what basis is Chocalatito clearly number 1 then? I'm 100% asking and not trying to antagonize, as I don't follow the lower weights closely and wouldn't know how good many of his opponents were.
    Still, it strikes me that most people do have him as the top guy based more on how good he looks relative to everyone else around his weight, no? If you only factor in relative attributes and skills, wouldn't a tiny guy almost always be the best boxer in the world? It's physically impossible for a reasonably sized man to be as dexterous as someone who is almost legally a midget.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Number 17. I have only seen him twice and this time out I thought he looked lazy against a very limited 1-2 fighter. James Toney would knock him out.

Thread Information