Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Luis "King Kong" Ortiz

How do you rate this feller?

How does he fair against other heavyweights in the division at the moment?

vs Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Klitschko, David Haye, Stiverne, Pulev, Chizora, Povetkin etc

I know he is getting on a bit but for me he looks like the classiest HW out there and would be a great match up for any of these guys.

Forgive me if this has already been talked about i haven't seen him mentioned much.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Luis "King Kong" Ortiz

He's very good to watch and has a great chance against anyone for now, slick lefty with nasty hands, speed and big power. His age and stamina are going to betray him sooner than later and I get the feeling all the other top guys will be happy to wait him out, unfortunately. Read the other day that his fight with Ustinov might land on the Ward-Kovalev undercard, I don't think that's a good fight in itself but hopefully he looks sharp and keeps himself in the mix.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bring it on. I think Lateef Kayode would mesh styles and make for a bangfest.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Err, they already fought. That was the fight Ortiz tested positive in, had a 1st round TKO overturned. Bit of a premature stoppage but Kayode is average and the fight was only going one way.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Err, they already fought. That was the fight Ortiz tested positive in, had a 1st round TKO overturned. Bit of a premature stoppage but Kayode is average and the fight was only going one way.
    Ouch. 2014...ok. Guess i should've signed up with saddo a bit earlier to stay informed.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Call me crazy. Best hands in the division. But at pushing 40 and the suspension and cancelled dates he better mash the gas. What sucks is he'll sit in limbo with big shot in 'tournament' waiting on Fury and Wlad in the courtroom. Stubborn shits. Just sort it out and rematch already divas.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why anyone would call you crazy, it's not even all that close from what I can tell. In fact, call ME crazy but for pure hands I'd say Andy Ruiz jr is second to him, although that's all he has.

37 is real old for your average HW though you're right, and the only line he has on a mandatory spot is with the WBA. I'd absolutely pick him over Fury or Klitschko if the fights could happen in time, who knows though. Really wish Wlad would've just retired at this point, he could beat Fury in the rematch, but then what?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why anyone would call you crazy, it's not even all that close from what I can tell. In fact, call ME crazy but for pure hands I'd say Andy Ruiz jr is second to him, although that's all he has.

37 is real old for your average HW though you're right, and the only line he has on a mandatory spot is with the WBA. I'd absolutely pick him over Fury or Klitschko if the fights could happen in time, who knows though. Really wish Wlad would've just retired at this point, he could beat Fury in the rematch, but then what?
    Wlad does give the impression this is more about righting his own wrong and cannot see him charging up for another run, at this pace and rematch fallouts he'd do well to manage it in rematch frankly.

El Kabong Guest

I rate Ortiz as a boxer, good fighter but took his sweet time getting through the tomato cans.

Spicoli, people have whined about Wlad never avenging his losses and not immediately rematching guys like Sanders and Purrity and now when he tries to immediately rematch and avenge he is still complained about....dude can't win.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I rate Ortiz as a boxer, good fighter but took his sweet time getting through the tomato cans.

Spicoli, people have whined about Wlad never avenging his losses and not immediately rematching guys like Sanders and Purrity and now when he tries to immediately rematch and avenge he is still complained about....dude can't win.

I think this time it has more to do with his being 40, and the fact that the first fight was so awful. If he does win the rematch, can you see him fighting on against the likes of Ortiz, AJ, etc? Wlad won for many many years, maybe his time is just up.

El Kabong Guest

I think this time it has more to do with his being 40, and the fact that the first fight was so awful. If he does win the rematch, can you see him fighting on against the likes of Ortiz, AJ, etc? Wlad won for many many years, maybe his time is just up.
    True as that might be if that was your career, your titles, etc and you just "lost" to a drug cheat would you just hang up the gloves? In my opinion Wlad HAS to fight Fury for the sake of boxing....if people don't want to watch or think it's boring that's beyond the point, the main issue right now is that the heavyweight titles are in the hands of a drug cheat and that is a situation that should be rectified immediately.

Who says Wlad has to continue fighting on after a rematch vs Fury? Wlad is going to end his career the way he wants to, he has almost been pushed into retirement before....he'll hang up the gloves when HE decides it's time to

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Embarrassed enough I didn't know they fought, just watched it. Not sure if Roach was in his corner, but wow....his stance horrible. Balance, none.
    Seeing Lateef live with a bone chilling knockout made me bias for him.
    Regardless of the sorry stoppage, I concur Ortiz would have done away with him sooner than later.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In all fairness I think the only real fight this bloke should take is against Amir Khan for the blatant plagiarism of his nickname

King Kong v King Khan, it has PPV Box office written all over it

....yeah I know I just love seeing Khan getting KTFO, but we all know how he likes to jump up in weights, maybe it could happen.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    In all fairness I think the only real fight this bloke should take is against Amir Khan for the blatant plagiarism of his nickname

King Kong v King Khan, it has PPV Box office written all over it

....yeah I know I just love seeing Khan getting KTFO, but we all know how he likes to jump up in weights, maybe it could happen.
    If khan wants to knock some one out for a change, he can move down and fight King Kong Agbeko?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

I never got the bashing of Wlad for the Sanders demolition job. Sanders RIP had the look of a sitcom father on a stroll but very formidable hand speed and natural power. Wlad simply got blitzed. The backlash came when he didn't rematch and it took his big brother to come in and get it right. With Purity and I don't often say it but he should of just swept it under the rug. Few saw it or could even spell his name at the time, pass the buck to trainer or stamina glitch and matter of time before a double digit loss journeymen lost again. History proved he didn't need it. Fans can legitimately find fault with Wlads style and passive attitude in the face of losing enough. With Fury he may very well just be lead on and he's not getting younger. What keeps him from a minimal comeback tune up? With this possibly tied up in court for a long time now he may end up fighting for a vacant trinket for all we know. I don't think Fury makes his mind up until he wakes up in the morning. Get at it.

Thread Information