Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are people overlooking Carlos Cuadras' chances against Roman Gonzalez?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Are people overlooking Carlos Cuadras' chances against Roman Gonzalez?

roman doesnt care much for defense. if he steps up any more in weight, he might get his head knocked off. Walking forward and just throwing punches all night. THen he moved his head to avoid here and there

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Are people overlooking Carlos Cuadras' chances against Roman Gonzalez?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Right guy won. He's maxed out as far at weight though. Strong intense lead but again sluggish late.
    So how to go forward, 2 more fights to get used to the weight and then the dream fight with Inoue?
    He's calling this the toughest fight of his career so you're probably right. In fairness still wonder if Inoue is bit green in the early rounds also. He could unify with less risks in Concepcion or the Jerwin fella. But pushing 30 with rare exception is considered an old man at this weight and one of the shorter in stature also, just don't think he has frame..or defense..for more weight. If they made it would be a mega fight and hope they strike while the iron is hot!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lederman's gave his usual puzzling analysis. He completely dismissed Cuadras' performance and basically labeled him as a runner for the entire fight. BS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm glad to see the little men of our sport get some love here.... I thought the fight could have been scored a draw but could easily see 7 rounds to 5 for Roman... I gave Carlos Cuadras rounds 1, 5, 6 10, 11 & 12 by the slimmest of margins and also thought this was a FOTY candidate..... Chocolatito's face was jacked after the fight and I've seen similar type of swelling that made me think Roman had a broken jaw....

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    Lederman's gave his usual puzzling analysis. He completely dismissed Cuadras' performance and basically labeled him as a runner for the entire fight. BS.

Cuadras fought a tremendous fight. That being said, there were some rounds in which Chocolatito practically had to sprint forward to try and reach Cuadras, who must've been going the same speed backing up. Lederman may have just stuck that image in his mind throughout the rest of the fight.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the fight again. Still thought it was clear Gonzalez took it, looked up the rd by rd punch stats and they mirrored what I saw. Except the 12th I couldn't tell who landed more and if I guessed I would have guessed Cuadras. But there was a long stretch where Gonzalez was the only one working so I can't say him showing more was egregious.

The telling difference for me was leverage. Cuadras would flurry, Gonzalez uses combinations. Gonzalez is so skilled, similar to Spence every punch has great leverage.

Fun fight, would love to see a rematch in 2018. I want Gonzalez to get 2 more fights at this weight and then an Inoue fight. If he could slip a Cuadras fight in next and then a soft seat before Inoue that would be fantastic.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Choco's face getting interviewed told the story of this fight. He's going to have problems knocking bigger guys out and he's going to take plenty back himself. I think HBO will want the Estrada rematch next but they're probably not going to offer him as much as he wants for the purse.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well the way this sport is getting famous i really on to it to not skipe any of the fight now

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Choco's face getting interviewed told the story of this fight. He's going to have problems knocking bigger guys out and he's going to take plenty back himself. I think HBO will want the Estrada rematch next but they're probably not going to offer him as much as he wants for the purse.
    Yes Kirk Roman has found his limit super fly I don't think he is big enough for the bantams.
    I feel he should stay put at the weight or even drop back to fly weight.
    Gonzalez is great fighter but he has reached his limit with his size and power.

Thread Information