WBA middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs (31-1, 28 KOs) will be defending his title against Sergio “The Latin Snake” Mora (28-4-2, 9 KOs) in a rematch in less than two weeks on Friday, September 9 at the Santander Arena in Reading, Pa. The Jacobs-Mora II rematch hasn’t caught the attention of boxing fans because it’s not a fight that is in demand at all, period.

The management for Mora and Jacobs obviously saw it as an important enough fight to have it televised on Premier Boxing Champions on Spike. As far as rematches go, I think it would have been far better for Jacobs to have fought Peter Quillin again if he wanted a rematch. I’d rather see the two of them fight each other again rather than another mismatch between Jacobs and the 35-year-old Mora.

This should be another easy fight for Jacobs, who stopped Mora in the 2nd round last year in August. The fight ended after Mora broke an ankle after getting dropped.

“This is business for me, but it is also more personal than any fight I have ever had,” said Jacobs. “Sergio had been using the antics online to get this rematch, and he has gotten under my skin.”

It is on spike TV over here as a repeat.