Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Brook corner stopping fight

Making the post just to see what other people think, seen a lot of people talking about how great his corner did and I can kind of agree brook had thrown everything at ggg and he basically just laughed in his face but on the other hand it's a big boy sport and there fighting at world level and a part of me thinks fuck sake you pussy man up and go out on your shield.
    There's been fighters in the past who have went on with the same injury or even other bad things like broken hands etc. Just think brook is getting a little to much credit. Anyone agree with me or am I just talking shit lol ? Also need to watch the fight again but looked as if ggg punched brook just before he went down was wondering how that wasn't a knock down any one else see that ?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brook corner stopping fight

I think it was the right decision

the injury ended the fight, the result most probably would have been the same regardless

if they had have let him go on tho he could have been badly injured, career ending injury, even gone blind in one eye
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At first I thought what the fuck. But it was a perfect stoppage with hindsight. Apart from the eye, Brook hit him with everything including the kitchen sink but couldn't keep him off.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

at first I thought it waas premature but when I watched it again yesterday I think it was the right call

Aside from the fact that he had a fractured eye socket how many punches did he actualy hearf heartedly throw in the 5th round? 4 or 5? He had absolutely nothing left and GGG was going to really go to town on him.

It's alright going out on your shield in an average fight but if you are in with someone 2 weight divisions above you them punches are going to hurt more.

Even though Kell believes that GGG didn't hurt him and that he was hurting GGG I think everyone, including Kell knows that wasn't the case

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the punches kel landed must have hurt

perhaps not hurt as in rocked but ive never seen GGGs head snapped back like it was

he landed a couple of really good uppercuts, there must have been some disorientation for a fraction of a second

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IT was a good stoppage. Golovkin looked like he was just warming up and it would have been worse later on.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For sure the punches hurt but they didn't slow/dissuade him. As batman said - Kell wasn't throwing anything in the 5th, he was just constantly backpedaling.

People slating Golovkin's defence are not giving Brook's skill level enough credit.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3G came out like a maniac in the 3rd and Brook was at times looking for a way out tapping his eye and looking at his corner, after some success in the 2nd 3G started seriously putting it on him and he knew he couldn't beat him, Brook deserves massive props but it was all Golovkin from the 3rd till the end and Brook would have been brutally put to sleep sooner or later

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Making the post just to see what other people think, seen a lot of people talking about how great his corner did and I can kind of agree brook had thrown everything at ggg and he basically just laughed in his face but on the other hand it's a big boy sport and there fighting at world level and a part of me thinks fuck sake you pussy man up and go out on your shield.
    There's been fighters in the past who have went on with the same injury or even other bad things like broken hands etc. Just think brook is getting a little to much credit. Anyone agree with me or am I just talking shit lol ? Also need to watch the fight again but looked as if ggg punched brook just before he went down was wondering how that wasn't a knock down any one else see that ?

I noticed that on second viewing yesterday, looked a legit knockdown actually.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    For sure the punches hurt but they didn't slow/dissuade him. As batman said - Kell wasn't throwing anything in the 5th, he was just constantly backpedaling.

People slating Golovkin's defence are not giving Brook's skill level enough credit.

I think at times they did slow him and back him up, perhaps not in the long term but definitely for short periods, more than in any other fight

GGG came back at him angry, I've never seen him try and take someone out like he did

all this at the end about brooks punches not hurting, I think it was a reaction to him getting a few slaps and not liking it

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin seemed to have the hump all week.

He might have been a bit pissed off getting booed (although it wasn't half as bad as most get), something he's not used too.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah but if that's the reason he went for it in the fight why did he wait till the third or fourth?

i think he took a few heavy shots, a lot heavier than ever before, and some nice combinations

then after the fight the best way to cover it was to say they didn't hurt

El Kabong Guest

Good call from the corner considering he could have lost his eye had the fight continued....this kind of beating could stay with a fighter. Kell Brook was brave and all for even taking the fight, but now we see why Canelo DOESN'T want the fight....he must be scared of that happening to him.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Casual boxing fans always want to see a knockout or a very obvious stoppage.

The truth if the matter was that Brook was finished by the end of the fourth. A fractured eye socket really hurts and can be a career ending injury. Brook had landed his best shots of Golovkin with very little effect and he was getting chased around the ring and punished severely. He had nothing left and the corner would have told him that they were going to stop it in the fifth unless something big happened. It didn't, and Brook was just going to get badly mauled and probably stopped.

As I said in a post elsewhere ..... if people want to watch a live execution in the ring it's going to cost a bit more than £19.95
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    A fractured eye socket really hurts and can be a career ending injury.
    No relevence to this thread but Paulie said at the time that he has had that injury and said 'it's a really strange feeling' I wonder in what way it feels strange, I would have thought it just really fucking hurt.

Dya reckon it feels like you eye is bulging out of your head or something like that

Thread Information