Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lacy fans on this server

Deserve to pat yourselves on the back... I haven't heard one person make an excuse for Lacy, and like him have accepted the loss. I am only thinking about this now because there are guys on this server still making excuses for Zab Judah in his performances against Tszyu, SpinksI, and Baldomir ... its getting old. Also about how Toney would be different if he lost weight... well he didn't and he lost because of it. I love TOney's boxing style, and very much respect him and say he's the most skilled heavyweight out there right now, and probably the boxer with the best career out there right now, but he doesn't learn from the past in terms of losing weight, and Zab same shit different pile... he shows a glimpse of specks of a gold among a ton of crap, and people still believe in him. Now I am not sure if Lacy will change his ways, but I am glad that his fans here aren't trying to make excuses, and even though people from Britain are righyfully flaunting his lose I don't see people trying to say that if he landed one big shot it would have gone the other way. As for Judah fans until he proves that he can do otherwise besides dissapoint with wasted potential please wait for the Mayweather fight to be done before you start talking... Same goes for Hatton fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lacy fans on this server

Personally...I think that it's Lacy that deserves the pat...he came to Brittain green & defenseless & took on the best fighter in the world at 168lbs...atleast he tried is the way that I look at it.

Lacy can still be a force in the division.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After the beating he took, i doubt anyone on this board will admit to being a fan of his....

Its about as likely as finding a Audley Harrison fan post Danny Williams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sheps
    After the beating he took, i doubt anyone on this board will admit to being a fan of his....

Why is that?

If you can't stand by a fighter that you favored after a loss...then what kind of fan are you? Not much of one IWO.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Personally...I think that it's Lacy that deserves the pat...he came to Brittain green & defenseless & took on the best fighter in the world at 168lbs...atleast he tried is the way that I look at it.

Lacy can still be a force in the division.
    CC ... I am a fan still of Lacy though, and ever after seeing his fight against Omar I thought he would be overwhelmed I still backed him not to win, but to do well against Calzaghe, unfortunately he didn't, but he's one of the first fighters I've still liked after getting his ass handed to him when before the fight he talked shit just because of how he handled himself after the fight... it was gatti like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Lacy, and I hope he comes back with the same determination he has shown. I just hope he works hard on certain aspects of his game. A fighter who isn't scared? What's not to like about that? After Tito was humiliated against Hopkins, I didn't jump ship on him. It seemed like everyone else did. Win, lose, or draw, Lacy! Lacy! Lacy! He just got beat by the better man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    CC ... I am a fan still of Lacy though, and ever after seeing his fight against Omar I thought he would be overwhelmed I still backed him not to win, but to do well against Calzaghe, unfortunately he didn't, but he's one of the first fighters I've still liked after getting his a** handed to him when before the fight he talked S*** just because of how he handled himself after the fight... it was gatti like.
    back.

But for some reason...I swear I thought that you pretty much loathed Lacy...maybe I am thinking of someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    I like Lacy, and I hope he comes back with the same determination he has shown. I just hope he works hard on certain aspects of his game. A fighter who isn't scared? What's not to like about that? After Tito was humiliated against Hopkins, I didn't jump ship on him. It seemed like everyone else did. Win, lose, or draw, Lacy! Lacy! Lacy! He just got beat by the better man.
    Agreed. Never really dug on Tito...always was an Oscar fan.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sheps

That's a stupid post. Audley and Danny didn't come to fight, they put on a lackluster affair as to both avoid taking punishment or having to work hard. To compare either of them two Lacy or Calzaghe on that night is insane. Lacy, like Wack said, came to a great fighters backyard without being tested at his level and took his beating like a man, and came to fight, he didn't look for an out anywhere.. Shit just because he lost you can't be a fan of him.. I am.. Just like Ill always be a fan of Gatti, it doesn't matter.. Lacy could have avoided Calzaghe altogether and fought somebody like BEyer, and could still have ppl saying he is a beast.. Hell if it came right down to it, if the Lacy Calzaghe fight had never transpired and noone would have even thought Calzaghe would of beat him anyways.. I respect the way Lacy put it all on the line completely and Ill definetly be interested to see how he performs after the loss.. I mean really, by what your saying.. If Calzaghe came to the USA and got beat down by Tarver, would it be unnaceptable to be a fan of him?? Shit no, it's more props to him because he showed balls in making the trip... It's views like yours that cause fighters to be pussy's and fight protected their whole careers, because they are scared that noone will ever care about them if they get beat.. Great fighters have taken worse beating than Lacy and came back, but w/e.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm a lacy fan, i'm a fan of most aggressive no nonsense knock your ass out fighters. he's still a force to be reckoned with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im a lacy fan and lacy had so much heart to fight on he could of gone in the 6th and decided he didnt want to come back but even in the 12th when he got knocked down even though therre was no chance of him winning he got up to give the fans there moneys worth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Lacy much more now when the mania about him has stopped. He took his beating like a man and was a real gentleman in the interview after the fight. Respect.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What ever happened to magnum Northside?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC to everyone that admited being a lacy fan.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was not a Lacy fan before the Calzaghe fight - I thought he was a Tyson wannabe, and I did not like his attitude to people pre-fight (giving people the big bad staredowns and 'biggin up') .....

BUT

The guy showed tremendous heart out there against Calzaghe. he was getting the S*** kicked out of him in every department and stuck in there and took his beating like a brave guy. I thought his corner should have pulled him out, but there was no quitting in Lacy that night.

I am still not a fan, but hats off to him for his courage.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Personally...I think that it's Lacy that deserves the pat...he came to Brittain green & defenseless & took on the best fighter in the world at 168lbs...atleast he tried is the way that I look at it.Lacy can still be a force in the division.
    I agree with all that but i realy don't think he can be a major player at super middleweight. Not after what happened. I'm not sayin he isnt good enough but i think this will have seriously affected his confidence. I hope i'm wrong tho bcos my respect for him after the calzaghe fight has gone up imeasureably.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Thread Information