Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Loma v the Axe Man

Just seen this is slated for November 26th (same night Joshua is fighting).

What a fight that would be. Walters is a power house but has great boxing skills too. Loma is just an all around class act. Predictions?

I see Loma losing the first few before taking control and winning comfortably on points.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Loma v the Axe Man

Like both fighters but a big fan of Walters so will support him.

Very good fight for the fans.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Awesome if it happens, can't remember if it was Walters last fight(was it at 130) he missed weight or the one before? Having not fought for a year, hopefully that won't be an issue. He has very good skills but not nearly the kind of fluidity and movement of Loma, he'll be slower and wider with everything and I think he'll probably start to get taken apart. Great fight though.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight. The only issue I have is that Walters seems to have lost a lot of momentum lately. He doesnt really fight much. It could be a bigger fight if he were more active. Either way, I'm definitely excited for it.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight Lomo should win this one this is what we want, can't wait roll on.👍

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great to see 2 top fighters taking each other on. Like 'em both, haven't got a clue who wins, but I'll plump for Loma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like this kinda party!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Awesome if it happens, can't remember if it was Walters last fight(was it at 130) he missed weight or the one before? Having not fought for a year, hopefully that won't be an issue. He has very good skills but not nearly the kind of fluidity and movement of Loma, he'll be slower and wider with everything and I think he'll probably start to get taken apart. Great fight though.
    it was not his last fight, it was teh fight before he was robbed in the really strange draw, he totally dominated the fight and was the name fighter and they gave a draw :S

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    it was not his last fight, it was teh fight before he was robbed in the really strange draw, he totally dominated the fight and was the name fighter and they gave a draw :S
    Yes I watched both fights, one of the worst decisions in recent years for sure. Just couldn't remember which it was he missed weight for, since it was the one before at feather it's no cause for concern here, was that con job draw fought at 130?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Yes I watched both fights, one of the worst decisions in recent years for sure. Just couldn't remember which it was he missed weight for, since it was the one before at feather it's no cause for concern here, was that con job draw fought at 130?
    pretty sure he moved up in weight for the dodgy draw, I forget what weight he fights but he took on the colombian fellow called marriga(or something like that) for the title he had, missed the weight then he moved up. I thought the draw was hbo or some promoter getting back at walters for missing weight and losing the title

I am also really looking forward to this one, I like both guys but I think lomachenko will win comfortably
    Last edited by palmerq; 09-28-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea he missed featherweight, seems like a big guy to have been making that anyways, and that would be an explanation for that bogus draw. It was a clear one sided fight against a guy with no upside, nothing else makes much sense there. I can't see anyone at 130 beating Lomanchenko the way he looked last time out, the guy is so good.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is great and just hope the politics doesn't get in the way. Awesome match up that needs to happen. Like Walters as capable long inside puncher but Loma has the talent to spin anyone in literal circles to the point of a drunken stupor. But he's never faced this. Walters should come in with a chip on his shoulder as previous mentioned the Sosa 'draw' was an absolute screw job to take some luster and momentum off. Crazy thing is Sosa gets a title shot next fight out..and wins.

Great fight to look forward to here, guaranteed best fighting the best!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma:

He has held the WBO junior lightweight title since June 2016, having previously held the WBO featherweight title from 2014 to 2016. Known for his excellent hand speed, timing, accuracy, creativity and lateral movement, Lomachenko is one of the most highly rated fighters in boxing today

Axe man:

Walters captured the WBA Fedelatin title in 2009, and successfully defended it four times. He won the vacant WBA (Regular) World Featherweight title on December 8, 2012, against Colombian Daulis Prescott during the annual KO Drugs Festival in Jamaica, via seventh round knockout. Making good on his prediction of a knockout in either the 5th or 6th round, Walters defeated Nonito Donaire on October 18, 2014, by technical knockout in the 6th round to capture the WBA World Featherweight Championship. He was promoted to Super Champion status in February 2015.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terrific fight.

Loma looked sensational last time, I wouldn't back anyone on earth (p4P) to beat him in that form. Walters has the equalizer though.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight. Truly great fight. Most of the forums I've been on seem to heavily favour Loma. I see it as a 50-50 fight

Thread Information