Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Klitschko edges closer - December 2016

bloody 'ell so ross was right all along... wladimir v browne and joshua v a donkey(aka price :S), good prediction hats off to him !

ah well wladimir is old and has been out of action for a while, let him take on browne and then hopefully we will get a run of unification fights. I want wilder to get involved in this too !

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There were too many obstacles for the Joshua v Klitschko fight to happen and Hearn knew it.

Its all an act! It's to make a Price fight more acceptable.

Anyone nes who took in Hearns rubbish and swallowed it hook line and sinker needs a word with themselves

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Uh, now you're just being paranoid.

You said Wlad had ducked big punchers...not true

And you said he was garbage in his last fight...which I agreed to. I merely said that it's not right to judge the guy on just 1 fight. And I mean that in the manner that Wlad has been written off before is all...I am a fan, never denied it or hidden it. To that end I'm interested to see if he can rebound from the Fury fight maybe he can maybe it's time for him to hang it up, I honestly don't know.
    Ha ha! how am I being paranoid ?
    I think somebody who accuses somebody else of criticizing Wlad's whole career just because he was shit last time out is probably a better bet for paranoia.
    I made a few observations and you came back in a hissy fit .
    To Sum up, Wlad has had a great career, he was shit in his last fight, he probably has lost his desire, but has enough to beat a Browne , but no wish to fight the likes of Joshua IMO. I don't think that is classed as losing your bottle, I totally understand why a 40 year old would not want to risk his legacy further by losing to a Young buck and possibly getting beat up bad.
    Wlad will beat Browne to become champion again, fight a mandatory or 2 and either will never fight AJ or Wilder to unify , (not because he's ducking, but because he has no need to.) and if he does fight one of them, he will lose or retire.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Wlad is washed up. I think Tyson Fury would have made Wlad look like that at any point in his career. Tyson and lots of other people's criticisms of Wlad before and leading up to that fight was that he's robotic. The same criticism I'd give for Joshua although Wlad doesn't fight as stiff as Joshua and looked more a beast when he let his hands go before he started getting chinned. I think Joshua goes the same way but doesn't have the skill level of Wlad to be able to come back from it and dominate.

Look at Price he was similar and I said the same things about him prior to the Thompson fight and got laughed at. His career is almost going the same path, British level to a huge leap in class. If the Wlad fight really did come off which it won't Joshua would be the next Price. I saw little things that were going to get Price in trouble at world level. Same with Joshua. Good at throwing punches but I think he will look shit when they are thrown back or someone gives him real movement.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

getting a bit bored of waiting for news on this now

Not read all the thread but if a Price fight happened do we think they would try sell it as a ppv ??
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will be PPV.

All Joshua's fights will be PPV until he loses
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

100% ppv

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Better be a damm good undercard Joshua Price a funking liberty

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I think somebody who accuses somebody else of criticizing Wlad's whole career just because he was shit last time out is probably a better bet for paranoia.
    To Sum up, Wlad has had a great career, he was shit in his last fight, he probably has lost his desire, but has enough to beat a Browne , but no wish to fight the likes of Joshua IMO. I don't think that is classed as losing your bottle, I totally understand why a 40 year old would not want to risk his legacy further by losing to a Young buck and possibly getting beat up bad.
    Wlad will beat Browne to become champion again, fight a mandatory or 2 and either will never fight AJ or Wilder to unify , (not because he's ducking, but because he has no need to.) and if he does fight one of them, he will lose or retire.
    Yes, you're being paranoid. Saying Wlad has ducked big punchers paired with he was shit in his last fight seems to me like you're not dissing just one fight but a portion of Wladimir's career. Wlad has not ducked anybody, AJ and Wilder are young and inexperienced and holy shit Deontay Wilder just got done fighting Cris Arreola...in 2016, not 2009. Artur Szpilka, Johann Duhaupas, Eric Molina, Jason Gavern.....not exactly a Murderer's Row. Wilder has had almost 40 fights and you'd be hard pressed to find 10 guys who had a legitimate chance against Deontay. Not saying Deontay is bad, I'm saying he's not had the most dangerous of matches.....yeah but Wlad is the one with no intention to fighting Deontay? Dude, when Wlad was being begged by his brother to retire Wlad went out and fought an undefeated Sam Peter who at the time was looking damn near unbeatable. I don't think Wlad looks at any heavyweight out there and says to himself "Gee, I had better not fight that guy"....he was the heavyweight champion for a decade for a reason.

No wish to fight Joshua? Ok, I mean I don't know what Wlad is going to do, again, he has had a longer than usual layoff, longest of his career perhaps. Wlad fights twice a year typically, it's October his last fight was in November of 2015.....you think he might want to knock the ring rust off? I don't know. Maybe the numbers aren't to his liking, maybe the numbers aren't to Joshua's liking, who knows what the REAL hold up is, but I don't think a guy who was champion for a decade and has 68 professional fights under his belt is worried about who his opponent is....call it a hunch.

Why would Wlad's legacy be damaged if he lost to Anthony Joshua? #1 We as boxing fans have no idea what Anthony Joshua is going to become, he could remain undefeated for his entire career (unlikely, but it's still an attainable goal at this point). #2 Wlad is over the hill for a boxer, anything he achieves now is icing on the cake he has nothing to prove to anyone. It's like RJJ's career after losing to Tarver that doesn't undo what RJJ achieved in the sport his legacy isn't damaged.

I'm not so much attempting to defend Wlad as I'm playing Devils Advocate here. You think Wlad is ducking or avoiding or whatever, alright....I doubt that, but alright. You think he was shit in his last fight, I don't believe you'll find many INCLUDING Wlad who will disagree with that assessment. So the problem you have with my posts?? I don't know, do you want me to not respond? I can not respond if you don't like having to defend your opinion....but I kind of thought the forum was here for debate and discussion

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Duke View Post
    Better be a damm good undercard Joshua Price a funking liberty
    Blame Sky and Eddie too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, you're being paranoid. Saying Wlad has ducked big punchers paired with he was shit in his last fight seems to me like you're not dissing just one fight but a portion of Wladimir's career. Wlad has not ducked anybody, AJ and Wilder are young and inexperienced and holy shit Deontay Wilder just got done fighting Cris Arreola...in 2016, not 2009. Artur Szpilka, Johann Duhaupas, Eric Molina, Jason Gavern.....not exactly a Murderer's Row. Wilder has had almost 40 fights and you'd be hard pressed to find 10 guys who had a legitimate chance against Deontay. Not saying Deontay is bad, I'm saying he's not had the most dangerous of matches.....yeah but Wlad is the one with no intention to fighting Deontay? Dude, when Wlad was being begged by his brother to retire Wlad went out and fought an undefeated Sam Peter who at the time was looking damn near unbeatable. I don't think Wlad looks at any heavyweight out there and says to himself "Gee, I had better not fight that guy"....he was the heavyweight champion for a decade for a reason.

No wish to fight Joshua? Ok, I mean I don't know what Wlad is going to do, again, he has had a longer than usual layoff, longest of his career perhaps. Wlad fights twice a year typically, it's October his last fight was in November of 2015.....you think he might want to knock the ring rust off? I don't know. Maybe the numbers aren't to his liking, maybe the numbers aren't to Joshua's liking, who knows what the REAL hold up is, but I don't think a guy who was champion for a decade and has 68 professional fights under his belt is worried about who his opponent is....call it a hunch.

Why would Wlad's legacy be damaged if he lost to Anthony Joshua? #1 We as boxing fans have no idea what Anthony Joshua is going to become, he could remain undefeated for his entire career (unlikely, but it's still an attainable goal at this point). #2 Wlad is over the hill for a boxer, anything he achieves now is icing on the cake he has nothing to prove to anyone. It's like RJJ's career after losing to Tarver that doesn't undo what RJJ achieved in the sport his legacy isn't damaged.

I'm not so much attempting to defend Wlad as I'm playing Devils Advocate here. You think Wlad is ducking or avoiding or whatever, alright....I doubt that, but alright. You think he was shit in his last fight, I don't believe you'll find many INCLUDING Wlad who will disagree with that assessment. So the problem you have with my posts?? I don't know, do you want me to not respond? I can not respond if you don't like having to defend your opinion....but I kind of thought the forum was here for debate and discussion
    I agree with the last sentence. you can respond or not respond , that's up to you . But if you do respond , please don't just dredge up the same old horseshit and try to address the points I make instead of twisting them round into you want them to say . come up with something new and I'll reply, but I haven't time to repeat another 10000 words on top of the drivel you have put down.

El Kabong Guest

I agree with the last sentence. you can respond or not respond , that's up to you . But if you do respond , please don't just dredge up the same old horseshit and try to address the points I make instead of twisting them round into you want them to say . come up with something new and I'll reply, but I haven't time to repeat another 10000 words on top of the drivel you have put down.
    Yeah, that's what I did to start with and you got upset about it. The ONLY reason I repeat anything is I'm attempting to get you to understand my point of view....not because I MUST have you agree with me, but just because I was attempting to make it clear. I don't know, from how you responded, if you misinterpreted what I posted or what the Hell happened....that's all, no harm intended, not trying to ruffle feathers

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, that's what I did to start with and you got upset about it. The ONLY reason I repeat anything is I'm attempting to get you to understand my point of view....not because I MUST have you agree with me, but just because I was attempting to make it clear. I don't know, from how you responded, if you misinterpreted what I posted or what the Hell happened....that's all, no harm intended, not trying to ruffle feathers
    Mate, trust me I'm not upset, and maybe I like a debate too much. But it all started where I was telling Eric he was being harsh on Wlad. I said many times he's had a great career, and I fully expected him to beat Fury easily in the 1st fight.
    But I firmly believe, even when I like a boxer, you have to praise when it's due and criticise when it's due.
    I don't have anything against Wlad, I don't dislike him, there are a lot of things I respect about him. But his time can't go on forever, and once that clock starts ticking fast, it's impossible to slow it down.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    There were too many obstacles for the Joshua v Klitschko fight to happen and Hearn knew it.

Its all an act! It's to make a Price fight more acceptable.

Anyone nes who took in Hearns rubbish and swallowed it hook line and sinker needs a word with themselves
    There are more obstacles involving Fury fighting anyone as he has a suspended licence due to drugs and health. He couldn't handle the pressure of the title so lets see if a real fighting champion can be found.
    Lets just be patient and we will find a good champion who does cry at criticism from the media and turn to drugs.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information