207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Klitschko edges closer - December 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    He is a paper champion and he is overrated, if he beats Klit then he has answered the questions asked of him.

I'm not saying he isn't the real deal at all, just that he hasn't been in a position to prove himself up until now.

I've not really paid much attention to Masters views on AJ but they don't seem too harsh if that is all that they are
    You love reffing us 2 ! ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿ ½ï¿½
    He's not a paper Champion. If he's a paper champion, so is Wilder .
    And he's not overrated either really.
    He may be overpaid to date and as a bi-product of that , over hyped, but it's not his fault he's ko'd everyone he's fought.
    If he beats Wlad does that change everything? Or does everyone say Wlad is finished or even Fury finished him?
    No win really.
    Fury didn't finish him same as Mayweather didn't finish Canelo. He was just too good for him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    He is a paper champion and he is overrated, if he beats Klit then he has answered the questions asked of him.

I'm not saying he isn't the real deal at all, just that he hasn't been in a position to prove himself up until now.

I've not really paid much attention to Masters views on AJ but they don't seem too harsh if that is all that they are
    He may be overpaid to date and as a bi-product of that , over hyped, but it's not his fault he's ko'd everyone he's fought.
    If he beats Wlad does that change everything? Or does everyone say Wlad is finished or even Fury finished him?
    No win really.
    Fury didn't finish him same as Mayweather didn't finish Canelo. He was just too good for him.
    You're right, Fury didn't finish Him, he hardly gave him a hiding. Wlad finished himself, too old and too reluctant to get hit.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No win really.
    You're right, Fury didn't finish Him, he hardly gave him a hiding. Wlad finished himself, too old and too reluctant to get hit.
    Maywether wasn't a puncher. Was Canelo old and reluctant to get hit? Reluctant to get hit yes. There's some fighters it's just pointless to step in the run with which is why Wlad avoided him for as long as he did but is now eager to jump in with Joshua.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No win really.
    Maywether wasn't a puncher. Was Canelo old and reluctant to get hit? Reluctant to get hit yes. There's some fighters it's just pointless to step in the run with which is why Wlad avoided him for as long as he did but is now eager to jump in with Joshua.
    1. Canelo wasn't reluctant to get hit, he just couldn't find a way of hitting Floyd.
    2. Wlad never avoided Fury. Fury hadn't done enough to warrant the fight. He became Mandatory and guess what? He got the fight. Hardly avoiding. Wlad has avoided getting hit for 10 years, look at the Povetkin fight.
    3. How do we know Wlad is "eager to jump in with Joshua"? Nothing is finalised yet.
    If Wlad gets to fight somebody else to win a title, he will do so, trust me.
    No different to Joseph . If he gets the chance to fight Ruiz for a title, he'll fight him before he fights Joshua. Why? Easier route to a title.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think AJ is the real deal would make a good champion and ambassador for boxing. My only concern is that he has gone the distance but he seems to have the stamina to fight at a good pace and think he can do it if required.

Ideally he would have preferred going the distance just to know in his head he can go 12 rounds. It is just that when he lands the opponents get knocked out.
    And the World backstroke title goes to..... @Master!
    For the last 12 months since your Buddy Tyson beat Wlad, you've done nothing but criticise AJ .
    All of a sudden you can't ride on Tyson's dick so you have to start sucking AJ's nuts!! 😂😂😂
    I have always rated AJ it is just that I do not rate him as high as Fury.
    Well, testing shows he is not as high as Fury. So you are right in this instance

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well done to both guys for taking this fight, it's risky for both them.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was hoping to see Haye vs Joshua first. As a tune up before Wlad.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No win really.
    Canelo was unbeaten and has a rock chin , all of Wlad's losses where by KO. Fury didn't finish him because he is a light puncher and landed 7 punches per round for 12 rounds , Floyd didn't finish Canelo because Floyd is not a big hitter at the weight and Canelo has a rock chin.
    No comparison what so ever and you know it. Let us not forget Wlad v fury ranks up with the worst HW title fight in history , it was not a total domination you seem to think it was and Wlad was almost 40 at the time Canelo was 23.
    Canelo has become champion again and has taken shots from big hitters like James Kirkland , fury won the title and couldn't handle the fame and turned to drugs. Do not compare the two.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 10-18-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You love reffing us 2 ! 😂😂😂
    No win really.
    I get what your saying but he was gifted a magnificent opportunity to win the title, overrated is probably the wrong word, overhyped is probably a better way of putting it, sky's media machine has been rolling since day 1 and the casual fan has lapped it up.

At the moment he is the most popular fighter in the UK and he has never fought anyone worth mentioning.

If he beats Klit then he has proved himself to me, fury didn't exactly beat the living snot out of him did he, I'll bet you that he has found Hayden Panettierre more physically demanding at times.

P.s. I didn't even clock that it was you pair again, bloody night are the pair of ya
    Last edited by Batman; 10-18-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look at my post further up the table, I said nothing was finalised. I feel everyone is jumping the gun a bit here giving props out left, right and centre.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like wlad is bottling it

What does it matter what belt is on the line, this is the biggest possible fight he has left

How many more fights will he have? 2 maybe 3
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Looks like wlad is bottling it

What does it matter what belt is on the line, this is the biggest possible fight he has left

How many more fights will he have? 2 maybe 3

It does look like Wlads having second thoughts.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Too many obstacles for this to realistically happen this year.

The fighters are with different TV companies.

The sanctioning bodies would have to dismiss current top contenders.

Does Joshuas team really want it? Is Hearn just using Klitschkos name for publicity knowing all the obstacles will prevent it happening?

Will Klitschko want to go in as a challenger or will he want to face Browne for the WBA first which is what his team is actually talking to Brownes about right now.

It does make me laugh that Klitschko v Joshua is seen as a big deal and exciting whereas no one seemed interested in Fury v Klitschko 2. Apparently Klitschko is old and washed up yet this is now an exciting match up with an old and washed up fighter? Those same people would tell you that Joshua would beat Fury but the difference in anticipation is due to the fact they know full well it will be another whitewash against Fury because he's just too good whereas Klitschko had more than a chance against Joshua.
    I can see Browne for the WBA. Wlad doesn't want to fight away from home as the challenger if he doesn't have to. I think he wants a warm up/title challenge. If he can get Browne for the WBA he has a fighter that isn't that good who's also been out a while and not training but who is in line to fight for the title.

He going to try to get a title fight at home then unify at home.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Too many obstacles for this to realistically happen this year.

The fighters are with different TV companies.

The sanctioning bodies would have to dismiss current top contenders.

Does Joshuas team really want it? Is Hearn just using Klitschkos name for publicity knowing all the obstacles will prevent it happening?

Will Klitschko want to go in as a challenger or will he want to face Browne for the WBA first which is what his team is actually talking to Brownes about right now.

It does make me laugh that Klitschko v Joshua is seen as a big deal and exciting whereas no one seemed interested in Fury v Klitschko 2. Apparently Klitschko is old and washed up yet this is now an exciting match up with an old and washed up fighter? Those same people would tell you that Joshua would beat Fury but the difference in anticipation is due to the fact they know full well it will be another whitewash against Fury because he's just too good whereas Klitschko had more than a chance against Joshua.
    I can see Browne for the WBA. Wlad doesn't want to fight away from home as the challenger if he doesn't have to. I think he wants a warm up/title challenge. If he can get Browne for the WBA he has a fighter that isn't that good who's also been out a while and not training but who is in line to fight for the title.

He going to try to get a title fight at home then unify at home.
    I Agree. It stands to reason. If he can fight Browne for a title, win, then IF he decided he wanted to fight Joshua , He could have it at home, he could have a bigger slice of the pie because of who he is and you get the same old Team Klit bullshit roadshow calling all the shots. And if he wants none of Joshua, he could take his pick as he would be champ again and make good dough.
    That's also why Hearn wanted it now . At the moment Joshua has the Belt and hold all the aces. Another reason Hearn wants it now is because it looks like AJ isn't fighting Parker (probably going down the Ruiz/WBO route) , so if he doesn't fight Wlad, then Who? Hearn doesn't want another tomato can because people will get pissed off, and it would be a hard sell after all his talk. Time is moving on , and who is out there and available? Haye? I reckon Hearn feels that's a risk, although he clearly doesn't mind Bellew having his head taken off by him.

Thread Information