Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a DREAM of a World Series!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default It's a DREAM of a World Series!!!

It's gonna be a good story no matter what happens. Either the Chicago Cubs win, and they erase a drought of 108 years...... or the Cleveland Indians win and they erase one of 68 years. Together they have by FAR the most accumulated title-less years of any two WS opponents put together. It was the matchup I, and probably most of the country (except LA and Toronto fans) were hoping for.

It's hard to choose who to root for. Seeing Terry Francona speak, it's hard not to root for the guy. What a nice guy he is, and what a down to earth style he has. It's tough to root against him. It's also hard to root against Cleveland, 'cause they only this year broke out of a major sports championship drought. At least Chicago has had the Bulls and Bears in recent times.

I'll be happy either way. Two of their biggest young stars, Francisco Lindor (shortstop for the Indians) and Javier Baez (2nd base for the Cubs) are from Puerto Rico. So even in that sense, it's difficult to choose between the two teams.

Yet, in the end, I'm kinda leaning toward the Cubs. 108 years is a MASSIVE time without a championship. And Cubs fans are soooooo patient and loyal. You can't help but sympathize with them.

Either way, it's gonna be a helluva Series!

Go Cubs!!

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's a DREAM of a World Series!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It's gonna be a good story no matter what happens. Either the Chicago Cubs win, and they erase a drought of 108 years...... or the Cleveland Indians win and they erase one of 68 years. Together they have by FAR the most accumulated title-less years of any two WS opponents put together. It was the matchup I, and probably most of the country (except LA and Toronto fans) were hoping for.

It's hard to choose who to root for. Seeing Terry Francona speak, it's hard not to root for the guy. What a nice guy he is, and what a down to earth style he has. It's tough to root against him. It's also hard to root against Cleveland, 'cause they only this year broke out of a major sports championship drought. At least Chicago has had the Bulls and Bears in recent times.

I'll be happy either way. Two of their biggest young stars, Francisco Lindor (shortstop for the Indians) and Javier Baez (2nd base for the Cubs) are from Puerto Rico. So even in that sense, it's difficult to choose between the two teams.

Yet, in the end, I'm kinda leaning toward the Cubs. 108 years is a MASSIVE time without a championship. And Cubs fans are soooooo patient and loyal. You can't help but sympathize with them.

Either way, it's gonna be a helluva Series!

Go Cubs!!
    Agreed terry was a genius with the red sox

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First two are in Cleveland. The Cubs better at least spit. Hard to be down 0-2 coming home.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love the way you guys all call it a 'World' series, when nobody else competes in it
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I love the way you guys all call it a 'World' series, when nobody else competes in it
    ....sooooo somewhere there's a baseball team that can compete with the MLB teams?!?! Quite the assumption really. Also it isn't as if the players are only from the United States either plenty of players from the Dominican, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, there are Aussies who play baseball....if you're a great player you play in the MLB, you haven't "made it" in baseball until you play for the MLB.

There's a reason Sadaharu Oh isn't considered the greatest Home Run hitter of all time....sure he had 868 of them and Barry Bonds only had 762(steroid induced of course), and Hank Aaron only had 755, but those are in Japan and not in the MLB ergo Sadaharu Oh is seen as great in Japan and if you mention him to an American we're like "Oh....well good for him, what did he do in the MLB?"

It's the World Series because the team that wins is the best in the world....you think a Japanese team or a Korean team or whoever could beat the World Series champs? I mean maybe you'd have a case if we're talking Cuba, but again Cuba's best players come to the United States to make it and some of them fall flat.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Agreed terry was a genius with the red sox
    The Red Sox caused all this really: Terry Francona former Manager of the Red Sox, Theo Epstein GM of the Cubs former GM of the Red Sox, Anthony Rizzo firstbaseman for the Cubs Red Sox farm player, Mike Napoli former Red Sox World Series winner now playing for Cleveland, Andrew Miller former Red Sox pitcher, Coco Crisp former Red Sox player (won WS with Sox in 2007), David Ross a catcher for the Cubs played for the Red Sox, John Lackey former Red Sox player won a WS with them, Jon Lester former Red Sox player won 2 WS with them.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's got to be the Cubs. With a walk off home run in game seven at Wrigley Field. If they get to three I'll probably even watch the subsequent games live.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    It's got to be the Cubs. With a walk off home run in game seven at Wrigley Field. If they get to three I'll probably even watch the subsequent games live.
    Oooooh hey guys Kirkland might watch a game....BREAKING NEWS.......nobody cares cunt

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GO TRIBE!!!!!!

Hi Guys!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    ....sooooo somewhere there's a baseball team that can compete with the MLB teams?!?! Quite the assumption really. Also it isn't as if the players are only from the United States either plenty of players from the Dominican, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, there are Aussies who play baseball....if you're a great player you play in the MLB, you haven't "made it" in baseball until you play for the MLB.

There's a reason Sadaharu Oh isn't considered the greatest Home Run hitter of all time....sure he had 868 of them and Barry Bonds only had 762(steroid induced of course), and Hank Aaron only had 755, but those are in Japan and not in the MLB ergo Sadaharu Oh is seen as great in Japan and if you mention him to an American we're like "Oh....well good for him, what did he do in the MLB?"

It's the World Series because the team that wins is the best in the world....you think a Japanese team or a Korean team or whoever could beat the World Series champs? I mean maybe you'd have a case if we're talking Cuba, but again Cuba's best players come to the United States to make it and some of them fall flat.

It's the World Series because baseball was invented in the U.S. and they're free to call their championship whatever they want. Of course, the World Baseball Classic has now come along to test global baseball supremacy. In the latest version (2013), little ol' Puerto Rico (which you failed to mention Lyle... ) took 2nd place, losing the championship game to the Dominican Republic. Along the way, P.R. dispatched the U.S. and Japan.

Baseball may have been invented in the U.S., but we all know the best baseball is played by Caribbean players.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOO HOOOOOO!!!!

1 game down for my Indians!!

Kluber was on fire tonight! First pitcher ever to get 8 K's in the first 3 innings in the World Series. And Perez was hot at the bat. Not bad for a catcher.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

It's the World Series because baseball was invented in the U.S. and they're free to call their championship whatever they want. Of course, the World Baseball Classic has now come along to test global baseball supremacy. In the latest version (2013), little ol' Puerto Rico (which you failed to mention Lyle... ) took 2nd place, losing the championship game to the Dominican Republic. Along the way, P.R. dispatched the U.S. and Japan.

Baseball may have been invented in the U.S., but we all know the best baseball is played by Caribbean players.

Ahh.... case in point. Game 1 just ended. I'm still rooting for the Cubs, but I won't be too upset if the Indians win. They both deserve it.
    Let's take a look at the box score:

F. Lindor: 4-3, 1 run scored
    R. Perez: 4-2, 2 home runs, 4 RBI (out of the team's 6 runs)

Big day for my "Boricua" compatriots.

J. Ramirez (D.R.) added another 3 hits for Cleveland, so basically 8 out of the 10 hits for the Indians tonight came from Caribbean players.
    Not bad.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder what Cubs fans are going to do if they actually win. Half of being a Cubs fan is being a lovable loser. If they actually win the World Series all their mystique goes.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good question. But the Red Sox had something similar until about a decade ago. Since then, they've become quite the winning franchise and the fans seem to have handled the transition well.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good question. But the Red Sox had something similar until about a decade ago. Since then, they've become quite the winning franchise and the fans seem to have handled the transition well.

It's different for Red Sox fans though. No matter what happens in life they're resigned to the fact that they'll always be losers. They'll always be in the shadow of the 27 time World Champion New York Yankees.

Thread Information