Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juan Manuel 'Juanma' Lopez stopped Wilfredo 'Papito' Vazquez Jr then fights trainer!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Juan Manuel 'Juanma' Lopez stopped Wilfredo 'Papito' Vazquez Jr then fights trainer!

Anyone see this live and know the reason and what happened?

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Manuel 'Juanma' Lopez stopped Wilfredo 'Papito' Vazquez Jr then fights train

That was funny, it must have been the pre-fight hype getting too personal.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Juan Manuel 'Juanma' Lopez stopped Wilfredo 'Papito' Vazquez Jr then fights train

Masters possibly right. The prefight hype seemed usually nasty for 2 guys who are not really active and are on the downside, but there's no expiration date on pride or hate, right? It does look like there was stuff (looks like ice) thrown into the ring (in the direction of lopez ,maybe) but the trajectory looks like it came from someplace facing the camera.

Ok i'm biased because i never really did like lopez/bought into the hype but I find it funny that the cornerman stood in the face of the charging lopez and didn't even flinch and caught him with a clean left hook that sent him wobbling to the ropes and then another one to the temple.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They didn't exactly storm the beach trying to break Lopez and the corner man up eh. Just hope this doesn't convince Lopez that he's "back" and ready for a few sharks at 130. Do they plan on refunds for PPV price as it was basically a one bout card after co main got cancelled because opponent was 'medically unfit'

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to admit I did watch this, it was more entertaining than I expected at least. Think the corner was upset with the stoppage(guess he didn't care about Vasquez much) and was goading Lopez into it. Juanma has always kind of seemed like a crybaby and a poor sport, seemed like there was a lot of bad blood and pride at stake in this one as well. I didn't realize the trainer caught him like that until watching the replay just now, surprised Juanma even took it

Lopez should not be fighting, he got the bragging rights for this win and he showed heart which he always has, but he is a shot fighter. Apparently he said he was going to continue win or lose before last night It's to the point where a fight between him and a relevant guy shouldn't even be sanctioned.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha i saw this as well, I've seen it before, cant remember which fight though!

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great check hook and temple shot like you say . Double crazy going at a bare fisted ex fighter all gloved up.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both of these guys are shot and well past their prime. There HAS been some incredibly bad blood between the two, dating back a few years. These two genuinely don't like each other and it was only a matter of time until they fought. I didn't watch it, but plan to catch the delayed telecast, 'cause my brother-in-law saw it and said it was entertaining. I told him pre-fight I didn't think it would last the distance and I was right. Two shot guys going at each other with venom. One of them was bound to go down. I thought maybe JuanMa, since he's the most shopworn of the two. Regardless... both of them should hang them up for good. JuanMa's been KO'ed so many times in his last few fights, it's not even funny. Let's hope someone close to him can talk some sense into him.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    They didn't exactly storm the beach trying to break Lopez and the corner man up eh. Just hope this doesn't convince Lopez that he's "back" and ready for a few sharks at 130. Do they plan on refunds for PPV price as it was basically a one bout card after co main got cancelled because opponent was 'medically unfit'
    It gives him some publicity and a win and that'll be enough to get him another payday which he won't turn down. He'll get a decent cheque being roadkill for a Mexican boxer. Maybe Mares if he loses his next bout.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    It gives him some publicity and a win and that'll be enough to get him another payday which he won't turn down. He'll get a decent cheque being roadkill for a Mexican boxer. Maybe Mares if he loses his next bout.

Ain't that the truth. JuanMa seems bent on single-handedly skewing the historical rivalry.
    He should be given his "gold watch", a pat on the back, and thanks for everything.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Ain't that the truth. JuanMa seems bent on single-handedly skewing the historical rivalry.
    He should be given his "gold watch", a pat on the back, and thanks for everything.
    Money mate. He'll go for the money.

If anybody finds a decent quality copy of the fight with the trainer can they post it please.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's in the OP

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It's in the OP
    I want high definition baby.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe Juanma should retire now and go out on a win...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heres to hoping the major promotions are weary of a possible homicide on a big card because honestly he is going to get his clock cleaned violently. Can't believe they stuck with a $30 ppv fee and would be interested to see the resulting numbers in the local market. Ideally he'll retire, not many ex chose can say their last big ko win was a ppv 'event'. Event used loosely.

Thread Information