Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
The referendum in the UK has never been binding. It's not something new. It's not some anti democratic conspiracy.
So, the referendum and the resources spent on it which could easily have been spent on helping vulnerable people or paying for hospitals was all a big game then. Oh, how hilarious. I guess they should do it again sometime. What can you say?
It wasn't a game. It was a referendum. Do some research, and look into what a referendum means in the UK.
Which goes back to my point about the UK not being a functioning democracy. It's hardly a conspiracy, I have been saying that I cannot see them letting Brexit go ahead myself, but it should go ahead and the will of the people should be respected. The notion of law overriding that is just funny when you consider that law is really just an excuse for those with power to dictate over those that do not. "Sorry plebs, the law says it's up to us!" Well, then why have a referendum in the first place if it was obviously never going to be binding? They seem to be making it up as they go along.