Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Trump's picks

Serious question:

Is Trump trying to piss his opponents/critics off with his picks so far?
    Or are his picks really reflective of his wanting to do what's best for the country?
    To me, it looks like he's going more for the "in your face" effect rather than picking conscientiously.
    Donald..... we know you won already.
    Cool it.

Remember... I'm not a Trump hater.
    But I was kinda hoping Trump would put on his "Make America Great Again" hat, and start making some picks for the general good.
    Granted, the hardline Dems are going to criticize Trump no matter WHO he picks for his Cabinet and other positions.
    But Trump himself can do/undo a lot toward easing the incredible tensions and divisions that have been built up during this electoral process.

Now he also wants to set up residence at Trump Tower instead of the White House?
    What..... is he just trying to buck the system at every turn?
    Is his term going to be marred by one controversy after another?

(sigh)..... It looks like it's gonna be a long 4 years.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Trump's picks

Unless it's a different article than the one that was going around, his wanting to stay in his penthouse was a fake story. I'm not an American or a very political person, but I totally agree that it seems like a joke who he's appointed so far. To be honest, I think he wanted to win the election more than he actually wants to be president, and that he'll be as easily swayed as anyone, his head was never in the game. Wouldn't be surprised if this all implodes at some point.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am all for giving him a chance, but the way he is potentially letting bankers, lobbyists and neo cons in is very disturbing. I hope Trump realises that when the crash comes his support might very quickly dissipate. It won't just be the left with their pitchforks.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thing is, Trump needs to think long-term. Instead of picking strictly loyalists (ie: kiss-asses) and extremists with all sorts of controversial baggage, he should be bearing down on his picks and trying to encourage unity, rather than rub his victory into people's faces and letting his ego get in the way of governing. Just as I rail on the cry-babies for continuing to say "He's not my President" and useless shit like that (he WILL be your President, like it or not).... I will also criticize Trump for making bad decisions.

I'm still hoping he proves his critics wrong.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pffffft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKG7CZfC0JQ

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

link fail

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm glad he told that fat cunt Chris Christie to fuck off!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    I'm glad he told that fat cunt Chris Christie to fuck off!
    He just welcomed him back in for a meeting this morning. We're going on 48 hrs of the ring kissing parade.

to title, Pence and Trump really need to get on the same page also. Pence takes the high road after the curtain call of that play, while Trump goes Twitter happy "demanding" apologies and how it should not be allowed. They seriously need to follow Clintons example and take a hammer to Trumps phone ffs. The man literally reacts to each and every trivial thing with the speed and passion of a teenager.

Pompeo is absolutely unqualified to head CIA. Bannon is basically a hired henchman who affords Trump his very own slanted media source and tool from within the White House. That to me is dangerous. Trump won and he can run the table in who he picks according to what he ran on. It's his victory to follow up on. Flynn from a military stand point is qualified and aside from some fiery rhetoric seems to be seasoned. Taking paid speaking event from Russian TV aka Putins arm throws me off. Shoe on the other foot and a would be Democrat appointee would be thrashed.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah, the same old lines about Putin's TV network. What do you think the BBC or CNN is? They are the real shill organisations. Look at how they have manipulated and lied and encouraged war and warmongers and mocked the public on things like brexit, the monarchy and the Russian 'threat'. RT is where you can find a little reality on these issues.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This man is going to melt down before he ever reaches his own inaugural. He's completely unprepared for not just the duties of the office, not just the pressure of the office, but with being criticized on television. The Orange Dictator spends his life tweeting against people who don’t like him at 3 a.m in the early hours.

Normally I would be laughing my butt off but Trump, in his dark ways, does not allow for me to indulge in such liberties as he is one “unstable isotope”, capable of anything, anytime.

He would not think anything of going after his detractors with his power as President, and that should have everybody thinking. He is a sociopath, combined with the guilt free ability to habitually lie about facts and figures. He maintains delusions of grandeur, and believes himself to be a legend in his own mind.

Nobody admires him — not even a lot of the people who voted for him.

Trump voters voiced their anger by having a temper tantrum. They elected a man with no military experience, not governing experience, and no interest in public service, who declared bankruptcy six times according to snopes and politifact. Trump cheats his customers, suppliers, and called for the deaths of five innocent men in the case of the Central Park Five.

There is no way this man makes it through a four-year term in the most pressure-laden office in the nation. He’s found himself in a place where he can’t simply fire his critics.

If the human race lasts long enough, biographers are going to have a field day cataloging his fuckedupedness.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only part of that I highly doubt is that you'd normally ever laugh.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Serious question:

Or are his picks really reflective of his wanting to do what's best for the country?
    To me, it looks like he's going more for the "in your face" effect rather than picking conscientiously.
    Cool it.

But I was kinda hoping Trump would put on his "Make America Great Again" hat, and start making some picks for the general good.
    Granted, the hardline Dems are going to criticize Trump no matter WHO he picks for his Cabinet and other positions.
    But Trump himself can do/undo a lot toward easing the incredible tensions and divisions that have been built up during this electoral process.

Now he also wants to set up residence at Trump Tower instead of the White House?

OK let me get this straight....Trump hasn't been inaugurated yet but his picks for his Presidential cabinet are "just trying to piss people off"/"in your face"? Trump won the election, he can appoint whomever he likes and even if the Democrats had a problem with it they don't hold enough sway in Congress to do anything about them.

So are you suggesting that Donald Trump should look to embrace the Democrats who got their shit handed to them in the elections? There's a reason (maybe a couple) why the Democrats are no longer in power, perhaps Donald Trump is actually listening to the American people?

I don't like Trump being buddy buddy with Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell, I think it is above and fucking beyond for Trump to give Mitt Romney the time of day much less consider him for Secretary of State, I think that shows Trump can mend some friendships. Trump also appointed Democrat General Mike Flynn as head of NSA and is reportedly looking at Democrat Michelle Rhee as Secretary of Education.....so again don't allow yourself to fall into the mainstream media narrative that Trump is doing anything wrong or anything poorly....he's not even in office yet, he's IMO doing a fucking fantastic job getting everyone around him in place to start to get to work.

What picks are you upset/unhappy about?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    The only part of that I highly doubt is that you'd normally ever laugh.
    He really is a morose, morbid, joyless Janner isn't he? Whoops I spilled the BEANZ. Get it? @Gandalf @walrus

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Serious question:

Cool it.

OK let me get this straight....Trump hasn't been inaugurated yet but his picks for his Presidential cabinet are "just trying to piss people off"/"in your face"? Trump won the election, he can appoint whomever he likes and even if the Democrats had a problem with it they don't hold enough sway in Congress to do anything about them.

So are you suggesting that Donald Trump should look to embrace the Democrats who got their shit handed to them in the elections? There's a reason (maybe a couple) why the Democrats are no longer in power, perhaps Donald Trump is actually listening to the American people?

I don't like Trump being buddy buddy with Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell, I think it is above and fucking beyond for Trump to give Mitt Romney the time of day much less consider him for Secretary of State, I think that shows Trump can mend some friendships. Trump also appointed Democrat General Mike Flynn as head of NSA and is reportedly looking at Democrat Michelle Rhee as Secretary of Education.....so again don't allow yourself to fall into the mainstream media narrative that Trump is doing anything wrong or anything poorly....he's not even in office yet, he's IMO doing a fucking fantastic job getting everyone around him in place to start to get to work.

What picks are you upset/unhappy about?

That's the way it normally works with Cabinet picks. They're made before the Presidential inauguration.

Rather than pick on individual picks, I'll reiterate my opinion that, given the state of the nation and its divisiveness, especially in the racial front, I would've thought Trump would've been a little more sensitive than to pick a Jeff Sessions or a Steve Bannon. Instead, Trump seems bent on picking a bunch of kiss-asses, to go along with his managerial style in the private sector. You're absolutely right in that he can choose whomever the hell he wants, as part of his prize for winning the Presidency. But we're supposed to be looking here for the common good, not to thumb our noses at the crying Hillary supporters.

I didn't want Hillary to win, which basically means I wanted Trump to win. But I'm not going to subscribe to the theory that a lot of Trump supporters have that "his shit doesn't stink". That is both foolish and dangerous. For example, please let me hear your defense on Trump's penchant for Twitter, which has been described as a teenager's habit of having to lash out on Twitter whenever someone says something he doesn't like. Hopefully he'll be too busy running the country after he gets inaugurated so he'll trash that shitty habit. This last episode demanding an apology from theater cast members for delivering a message to Pence was totally ridiculous, regardless of whether it was an appropriate message or not. The POTUS shouldn't be engaged in that sort of childish back and forth. Or will you dismiss that as just another Trump hater's criticism?

El Kabong Guest

That's the way it normally works with Cabinet picks. They're made before the Presidential inauguration.

Rather than pick on individual picks, I'll reiterate my opinion that, given the state of the nation and its divisiveness, especially in the racial front, I would've thought Trump would've been a little more sensitive than to pick a Jeff Sessions or a Steve Bannon. Instead, Trump seems bent on picking a bunch of kiss-asses, to go along with his managerial style in the private sector. You're absolutely right in that he can choose whomever the hell he wants, as part of his prize for winning the Presidency. But we're supposed to be looking here for the common good, not to thumb our noses at the crying Hillary supporters.

I didn't want Hillary to win, which basically means I wanted Trump to win. But I'm not going to subscribe to the theory that a lot of Trump supporters have that "his shit doesn't stink". That is both foolish and dangerous. For example, please let me hear your defense on Trump's penchant for Twitter, which has been described as a teenager's habit of having to lash out on Twitter whenever someone says something he doesn't like. Hopefully he'll be too busy running the country after he gets inaugurated so he'll trash that shitty habit. This last episode demanding an apology from theater cast members for delivering a message to Pence was totally ridiculous, regardless of whether it was an appropriate message or not. The POTUS shouldn't be engaged in that sort of childish back and forth. Or will you dismiss that as just another Trump hater's criticism?
    True, but Trump is very well ahead of schedule with his picks. I think only H.W. Bush was clicking along faster and that was because he still had some Reagan picks in place.

Jeff Sessions
    In Alabama, Jeff Sessions Desegregated Schools and Got the Death Penalty for KKK Murderer | The Weekly Standard

Steve Bannon....ok, what specifically is wrong with Steve Bannon other than he's not someone who takes shit from the mainstream media? I've heard him CALLED an anti-Semite yet I've seen him promote guys like Milo Yiannopolis who is gay and Jewish and David Pollack who is Jewish. Perhaps people dislike a media mogul being so close to a President.....if so, where were these concerns 8 years ago?

The Hillary supporters have overplayed their hand...hopefully they learn from this, if they do not they will fade away. Just because I voted for Trump in their minds I'm a : racist, sexists, bigot, homophobe, Islamophobe, deplorable, and irredeemable.......I think Hillary supporters are just misguided or thinking too much with their hearts rather than using their brains. But there always comes a time when the losing side seeks mercy.....sorry, the Democrats will have to learn their lesson and as Obama said "I won, you can ride in the bus but you have to sit in the back" so turnabout is fair play and that is how it will be.

The best thing about Trump is that he's unknown politically and he has no ties to anything politically. Hopefully this helps him, at the very least it is a start to draining the swamp of Washington DC. I think his suggested policies of keeping those who had worked in the Executive Branch out of lobbying for foreign governments is a good thing, I believe the term limits for Senators and Congressmen to be a good thing....things are going to be different, it doesn't mean they'll be inherently good or bad. The people who voted for Trump are going to attempt to keep him on target, but we'll just have to see what happens.

The 'Hamilton' cast lecturing Mike Pence was uncouth, that said, Trump shouldn't get into that mess. Would the 'Hamilton' cast have lectured Barack Obama I doubt it.....those people are there to sing and dance for the public regardless of the public's political views of which there I am sure are many varied ones.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 11-22-2016 at 08:04 AM.

Thread Information