Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kell Brook v Errol Spence

Boxer Kell Brook has insisted he will not give up his IBF welterweight title after returning to training.

The 30-year-old had an operation after suffering a damaged eye socket in his loss to Gennady Golovkin in September when he moved up two weight divisions.

And the Sheffield fighter now has options for his next bout.

"I want the welterweight unification fights but if they aren't there then it will be Errol Spence Jr next in a big UK show," he said.

"I know there are options at 154lb and I may even be more suited there, but I am not willing to give up what I fought so hard for."

Spence is the IBF's mandatory welterweight challenger after he defeated Leonard Bundu in August.

Brook's loss to Golovkin in the middleweight division (160lb) was his first defeat in his 37th professional fight.

"I spoke through various options with Kell and he was adamant that he would not relinquish his title," said promoter Eddie Hearn.

"In an ideal world, he would unify the division against Manny Pacquiao, but the Spence fight is also one that really excites him and fight fans. That could be a big fight here in the UK and with the 75-25 split in place we would be very confident of bringing that fight to Sheffield."

Kell Brook wants to keep IBF welterweight title after Golovkin loss - BBC Sport
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kell Brook v Errol Spence

"If all other options fall through I suppose we will have to make the Spence fight" is that not verbatim? Because after everything they've said that's what i hear.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's hope it happens

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    "If all other options fall through I suppose we will have to make the Spence fight" is that not verbatim? Because after everything they've said that's what i hear.
    You are right.

If he wants to keep his title then he will have to fight Spence.

If he can fight Manny he will give up title or unify.

If he does get another more lucrative offer he will move up weight.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that's a fair comment, and as I've said in the past , they all talk a lot but don't deliver on their promises. What I would say is if it did come off , that is some fight!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think he particularly wants the Spence fight or should I say I don't think his team want it. Spence doesn't have UK exposure outside of the hardcores and is obviously s very live opponent. I hope it happens because it's a brilliant fight. I'd much rather this happen than any other and if Brook dodges in favour of a unification, he will take a bit of stick for it after spending an excessive amount of time fighting bullshit mandatories.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    that's a fair comment, and as I've said in the past , they all talk a lot but don't deliver on their promises. What I would say is if it did come off , that is some fight!
    Agreed. And it looks like it will.

I'm consistent on this stuff. I just want the best(by challenge not necessarily by entertainment value) fights and promoters to tell the truth. And if promoters/managers won't tell the truth us fans should acknowledge the truth. They lie because they can. If fans called them on lies they couldn't do it.

For example when Judah lost to Baldimir Hattons dad went to reporters and said "we expect to have another offer from Floyd on our desk in the morning" and that they wouldn't accept it. Why reject it before you've seen it? Why no counter offer? Why act as if you want that fight at that time and why do fans act as if they want it at that time? It's clear they were waiting for the right time for them. Fair play. Just say that, and fans should also say that.

If Brook said "I'll fight anyone, any time. But first things first I'm trying to get paid" I'd respect that, because it's honest.

You've seen my issue with GGG, i think he's a great fighter and very entertaining. I just don't like the ever changing stories. If you want Canelo because it pays, say it. If you don't want a different fight, say it. Often us fans choose to believe what the fighter we like says and defend it because we like the fighter. We should defend the truth.

Brook has shown he'll fight anyone, I'll always have his back when he's honest.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    I don't think he particularly wants the Spence fight or should I say I don't think his team want it. Spence doesn't have UK exposure outside of the hardcores and is obviously s very live opponent. I hope it happens because it's a brilliant fight. I'd much rather this happen than any other and if Brook dodges in favour of a unification, he will take a bit of stick for it after spending an excessive amount of time fighting bullshit mandatories.
    You don't get stripped in a unification.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It won't be Manny either though. Brook beats him and Arum would rather do an in house fight if he wanted to cash out methinks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would love to see this fight think spence wins in spectacular fashion and then takes over the welterweight division and beats everyone

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Would love to see this fight think spence wins in spectacular fashion and then takes over the welterweight division and beats everyone
    I would like to agree..I still see manny pac as the man to beat to claim that 147 crown.

Winner of Garcia/Thurman fights the winner of Brook/Spence and the winner of that fights Pac.

I have no idea where Khan fits into all of this..perhaps after the big payday with canelo he can't be arsed anymore.

As for Broner..what weightclass is in again?!

Bradley is waiting on cotto for another big payday?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    I would like to agree..I still see manny pac as the man to beat to claim that 147 crown.

Winner of Garcia/Thurman fights the winner of Brook/Spence and the winner of that fights Pac.

I have no idea where Khan fits into all of this..perhaps after the big payday with canelo he can't be arsed anymore.

You forgot Floyd?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

You forgot Floyd?
    FLOYD IS RETIRED! Tick Tock.😂

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to agree..I still sewe manny pac as the man to beat to claim that 147 crown.

That means that one of those fighters wouldn't actually fight pac until at least 2018.

Thread Information