Boxer Kell Brook has insisted he will not give up his IBF welterweight title after returning to training.

The 30-year-old had an operation after suffering a damaged eye socket in his loss to Gennady Golovkin in September when he moved up two weight divisions.

And the Sheffield fighter now has options for his next bout.

"I want the welterweight unification fights but if they aren't there then it will be Errol Spence Jr next in a big UK show," he said.

"I know there are options at 154lb and I may even be more suited there, but I am not willing to give up what I fought so hard for."

Spence is the IBF's mandatory welterweight challenger after he defeated Leonard Bundu in August.

Brook's loss to Golovkin in the middleweight division (160lb) was his first defeat in his 37th professional fight.

"I spoke through various options with Kell and he was adamant that he would not relinquish his title," said promoter Eddie Hearn.

"In an ideal world, he would unify the division against Manny Pacquiao, but the Spence fight is also one that really excites him and fight fans. That could be a big fight here in the UK and with the 75-25 split in place we would be very confident of bringing that fight to Sheffield."

Kell Brook wants to keep IBF welterweight title after Golovkin loss - BBC Sport