Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What's up with Billy Joe Saunders/Jimmy Tibbs... Split?

Share/Bookmark

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What's up with Billy Joe Saunders/Jimmy Tibbs... Split?

He was fucking terrible last Saturday, fighting MILES from his hometown in some shithole sports hall in Scotland that looked like it held about 700 people!
    The fella/Kid in his corner telling him he was "winning rounds" when they were 50-50 rounds was an absolute fucking joke too

Huge loss if he has split with Tibbs and i'm guessing maybe Tibbs saw the state of his body shape and just fucked him off in the weeks leading up to the fight for being unprofessional?
    Fucked up situation all round for a decent and super skilled World Champion to be in.
    I've heard people claiming that Peter Fury might step in and take charge in the future which ain't a bad shout

WBO world middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders held on to his title by the skin of his teeth in Scotland when he struggled past
    unfancied Artur Akavov. The flawed victory raised several questions about the unbeaten Brit’s future but it was a stark reminder of just how debilitating inactivity can be. Saunders had not fought since his title-winning effort against Andy Lee in December 2015 and had grown out of shape in that time. He lost the weight for his clash with Akavov far too quickly and it showed on the night. Beside that, he was also without veteran trainer Jimmy Tibbs – a huge absence for any corner. Going forward, Saunders needs to keep himself active and regain his momentum ahead of some potential super-fights with the likes of Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin and Chris Eubank Jnr.

Billy Joe Saunders W12 Artur Akavov Over the weekend, WBO middleweight title holder Billy Joe Saunders won a twelve-round decision over Russia's Artur Akavov in in Glasgow, Scotland by scores of 116-113, 116-112 and 115-113. Saunders admitted afterwards it was a terrible performance: “I’ve been out of the ring for a year and was a bit overweight. Tonight, was really, really flat and I want to apologize to the fans. I’m an honest man, that was terrible. That was not a world champion performance. Most British fighters perform better than that, but a win’s a win. I’m happy that I performed like that against him rather than someone like Canelo or Golovkin.” Today, Saunders' promoter, Frank Warren expressed his own unhappiness with Saunders' showing: "As Bill also stated in his post-fight appraisal, how can you talk about taking on the current greats after a display like that? What I do know is that Bill is not daft and is fully aware his preparations were not of an acceptable level and it needs to be a lesson learned. What we witnessed from him in Scotland was not good enough. It is all very well being critical of yourself in hindsight, but you don’t need to be an Einstein to realise there was a problem there and I have seen some of the photos that were floating around in the weeks leading up to the fight and it is not what a professional athlete should look like." source: frankwarren.com
    Last edited by smashup; 12-09-2016 at 03:06 AM.

Thread Information