Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default More Heroin Deaths in USA Than Gun Homicide Deaths

Heroin Deaths Topped Gun Homicides Last Year

Heroin Deaths Topped Gun Homicides Last Year, Depressing CDC Data Shows | The Huffington Post

Opioid deaths hit 33,091 in 2015, quadrupling since 1999. Heroin deaths in particular rose 23 percent year over year to 12,989; synthetic opioid deaths rose 73 percent to 9,580.

“I don’t think we’ve ever seen anything like this. Certainly not in modern times,” Robert Anderson, chief of the mortality statistics branch of the CDC, told the Associated Press.

The new figures are a tragic expression of the United States’ urgent addiction problem. As it stands, more than 20 million Americans have a substance use disorder and 12.5 million report misusing prescriptions painkillers, behaviors linked to the aggressive marketing and overprescription of opioids in the 1980s-90s.

It doesn’t take long for prescription use to evolve into misuse. According to a new Washington Post-Kaiser Family Foundation survey, a third of Americans who took a prescription opioid for two months or longer became addicted to or physically dependent on painkillers.
    There have also been a huge number of deaths from overdoses of heroin/fentanyl here in Metro Vancouver, Canada. Total for BC in 2016 is already over 600, most of them in Metro Vancouver.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: More Heroin Deaths in USA Than Gun Homicide Deaths

Very scary and very sad.

I still don't understand why anyone would bother to get into that junk, given that we've had so many decades to see the devastation that heroin brings.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Many reasons why people take drugs and end up devoting their lives to it. Sad but hasn't this been always the case in the history of mankind with substance misuse.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is sad in many ways. The families and lives ruined, the violence and prison sentence but some miss another point. We have people here who truly need opioids for chronic pain including cancer and such. Laws are being passed that is making it difficult for chronic pain patients to receive opioids for treatment. The FDA makes drug makers alter how the meds are made but cancer patients say they don't get as much relief.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you have never lived life surrounded by heroin addicts, you have never really lived.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jerry Garcia said herion is the perfect feeling and if it weren't for all the negatives that go with it, it would be the perfect way to live . @denilson200 is my herion dealer

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

William Burroughs is one of my favorite writers, but outside of a hospital I would never take opiates or heroin. The rise in heroin deaths and usage correlates with the war in Afghanistan when opium went from record lows to record highs. Apparently opium fields were being protected and lo and behold America suddenly had a new wave of heroin addiction. There are also huge problems with legal opiate addiction because the US is the most prescribed nation in the world by a long margin. A lot of money in addiction.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know if it did hit the US bad but on the western coast, here, the new deadly trend is call Fentanyl; it's a kind of synthetic opioïd 50 times more powerful than heroïn and 100 times stronger than morphin. The cases of overdose have skyrocketed and the authorities are trying to figure out how to stop the plague. Apparently that most of it is marketed in China and is pretty easy to get shipped oversea without suspicions at all.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I don't know if it did hit the US bad but on the western coast, here, the new deadly trend is call Fentanyl; it's a kind of synthetic opioïd 50 times more powerful than heroïn and 100 times stronger than morphin. The cases of overdose have skyrocketed and the authorities are trying to figure out how to stop the plague. Apparently that most of it is marketed in China and is pretty easy to get shipped oversea without suspicions at all.
    Yes they are finding a lot of herion in the us is made from fentanyl. It is persciber in micrograms while most opiates are milligrams. Police here are equipped with naltrexone which blocks opiates and can revive an OD. I wonder if drugs in Canada are smuggled through the us. I've been in Montreal and Toronto and was approached several times in both cities about buying drugs

El Kabong Guest

.....don't they know heroin is ILLEGAL?!?!?!?!?!

but yeah gun control will TOTALLY work

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

They tried that in Arkansas for a while as well as in NJ, if I am not wrong, and it did work pretty good. Not perfect, but homicides did decrease quite significantly. The reason is simple: it's easier to sneak in 300 grams of something, with which you can make hundred of thousands of dollars, than to sneak in weapons. There are other reasons but among other things, that one is one of the serious ones. Thus said, I am not saying that I am in favor of banning every kind of guns, but I don't see no reasons why people could have freely access to dumdum bullets or fully automatic weapons (among other things).
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dead is dead weather it's drugs or gun's who do you blame.
    When you are laying to rest a love ones it makes no odds the hurt family and friends suffering it's something thing I have seen first hand through many years.
    My I say it's pretty shit chaps.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

They tried that in Arkansas for a while as well as in NJ, if I am not wrong, and it did work pretty good. Not perfect, but homicides did decrease quite significantly. The reason is simple: it's easier to sneak in 300 grams of something, with which you can make hundred of thousands of dollars, than to sneak in weapons. There are other reasons but among other things, that one is one of the serious ones. Thus said, I am not saying that I am in favor of banning every kind of guns, but I don't see no reasons why people could have freely access to dumdum bullets or fully automatic weapons (among other things).
    Dude do you know how many hoops you have to jump through in order to LEGALLY have access to fully automatic weapons? We're talking ATF agents show up unannounced at your house and check serial numbers on all of your firearms and compare that to the list they have on you.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was FOREVER turned off of heroin by one day when I was 17.

Me and my friends went over to a guys house to buy some weed. It turned out to be a seedy Detroit drug den.

There was a few guys shooting heroin there in another room and one guy had a VERY red, very swollen arm. I watched cringing as he went to shoot up in his arm, and when he did puss shot out like from a squirt gun and it began to bleed profusely, the guy just stared at it and whispered "oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck" over and over. I nearly throw up and just writing about it today almost makes me dry heave!

Heroin and meth are a whole other monster unto themselves!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    I was FOREVER turned off of heroin by one day when I was 17.

Me and my friends went over to a guys house to buy some weed. It turned out to be a seedy Detroit drug den.

There was a few guys shooting heroin there in another room and one guy had a VERY red, very swollen arm. I watched cringing as he went to shoot up in his arm, and when he did puss shot out like from a squirt gun and it began to bleed profusely, the guy just stared at it and whispered "oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck" over and over. I nearly throw up and just writing about it today almost makes me dry heave!

Heroin and meth are a whole other monster unto themselves!
    Damn @vidgil your father wasn't shy about bringing u to nice places eh
    Last edited by walrus; 12-14-2016 at 04:35 AM.

Thread Information