Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: cotto v kirland

Share/Bookmark
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,603
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2986
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: cotto v kirland

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Wolfe has just joined him for this fight. Hmmm
    Won't matter unless this has just become a sanctioned handicap match Wolfe and Kirkland vs Cotto
    Lyle, could you beat Wolfe in a boxing match?
    Nice loaded question there @Hulk


    Well she'd no doubt have the experience factor, but the age, height, reach, weight, advantages all go to me also I'm a dude so unless low blows count that's another advantage for me. Ann Wolfe is one scary broad and I don't hit women at all much less in the face AND with a closed fist, however if it was a sanctioned boxing match then yeah I'd feel comfortable betting on myself.


    I'm not saying that to big up myself or anything I mean if I was to be fighting a 45 years old 165 pound MAN who was a boxer I'd still feel comfortable betting on myself to win. Now if I was an average woman, no way in hell would I have ever set foot in the ring with Ann Wolfe, not no way not no how.


    And yes I do not doubt that Ann Wolfe has in her lifetime fought guys as big or bigger than me....she also got knocked out by Valerie "Who's been eatin all" Mahfood (much better nickname than 'Big Bad Wolfe')
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1122
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Wolfe has just joined him for this fight. Hmmm
    Won't matter unless this has just become a sanctioned handicap match Wolfe and Kirkland vs Cotto
    Lyle, could you beat Wolfe in a boxing match?
    Nice loaded question there @Hulk Well she'd no doubt have the experience factor, but the age, height, reach, weight, advantages all go to me also I'm a dude so unless low blows count that's another advantage for me. Ann Wolfe is one scary broad and I don't hit women at all much less in the face AND with a closed fist, however if it was a sanctioned boxing match then yeah I'd feel comfortable betting on myself. I'm not saying that to big up myself or anything I mean if I was to be fighting a 45 years old 165 pound MAN who was a boxer I'd still feel comfortable betting on myself to win. Now if I was an average woman, no way in hell would I have ever set foot in the ring with Ann Wolfe, not no way not no how. And yes I do not doubt that Ann Wolfe has in her lifetime fought guys as big or bigger than me....she also got knocked out by Valerie "Who's been eatin all" Mahfood (much better nickname than 'Big Bad Wolfe')
    Haha I meant it genuinely.I'm 165 lbs and boxed off and on for 9 years and wouldn't want to fight her.Figured as you are much bigger that maybe you'd fancy your chances.I will say that I feel confident I could whip Ronda Rousey in a boxing match. Good nicknames indeed.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,603
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2986
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: cotto v kirland

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Haha I meant it genuinely.I'm 165 lbs and boxed off and on for 9 years and wouldn't want to fight her.Figured as you are much bigger that maybe you'd fancy your chances.I will say that I feel confident I could whip Ronda Rousey in a boxing match. Good nicknames indeed.
    Yeah I wouldn't CHOOSE to fight Ann Wolfe at all, I do however fancy my chances in your hypothetical situation.

    I wouldn't want an MMA match vs Rousey either but I do believe I could win that as well....again mostly based on size and strength and women just aren't as strong as men especially when it comes to the upper body.



    ...and again, I do not hit women, I do not condone the hitting of women. However if a woman that looks anything like the witch from 'Army of Darkness' startles me, I reserve the right to punch her right square in the jaw
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1122
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Haha I meant it genuinely.I'm 165 lbs and boxed off and on for 9 years and wouldn't want to fight her.Figured as you are much bigger that maybe you'd fancy your chances.I will say that I feel confident I could whip Ronda Rousey in a boxing match. Good nicknames indeed.
    Yeah I wouldn't CHOOSE to fight Ann Wolfe at all, I do however fancy my chances in your hypothetical situation. I wouldn't want an MMA match vs Rousey either but I do believe I could win that as well....again mostly based on size and strength and women just aren't as strong as men especially when it comes to the upper body....and again, I do not hit women, I do not condone the hitting of women. However if a woman that looks anything like the witch from 'Army of Darkness' startles me, I reserve the right to punch her right square in the jaw
    HahaGood reference.Only time hitting women is okay is if a giant, rabid fat bitch attacks your wife or daughter.Fat bitches against regular or petite women isn't fair. May as well be a man against a 12-year-old boy.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,725
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4725
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: cotto v kirland

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Wolfe has just joined him for this fight. Hmmm
    Won't matter unless this has just become a sanctioned handicap match Wolfe and Kirkland vs Cotto
    Lyle, could you beat Wolfe in a boxing match?
    Nice loaded question there @Hulk


    Well she'd no doubt have the experience factor, but the age, height, reach, weight, advantages all go to me also I'm a dude so unless low blows count that's another advantage for me. Ann Wolfe is one scary broad and I don't hit women at all much less in the face AND with a closed fist, however if it was a sanctioned boxing match then yeah I'd feel comfortable betting on myself.


    I'm not saying that to big up myself or anything I mean if I was to be fighting a 45 years old 165 pound MAN who was a boxer I'd still feel comfortable betting on myself to win. Now if I was an average woman, no way in hell would I have ever set foot in the ring with Ann Wolfe, not no way not no how.


    And yes I do not doubt that Ann Wolfe has in her lifetime fought guys as big or bigger than me....she also got knocked out by Valerie "Who's been eatin all" Mahfood (much better nickname than 'Big Bad Wolfe')
    You guys hear yourselves? Surprised how easy -trained experienced professionals- are dismissed Hey Hopkins is near 52 and I'm sure he could make 165 again..have a go! So many fighters fought into early 40's. Wolfe lost by knockout early in career, true story. But hey she beat her not once but twice in rematches. And she didn't need her big brother or sister to do it for her.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,725
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4725
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: cotto v kirland

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I just want to know how Cotto is still ranked 4th by Ring in a stacked 154? I mean I know how but how . Kirkland was a full frontal force but burned out quick. Ron had it and frankly he's a guy now brought in to make a guy look devastating, almost a Mayorga role but Mayorga was a better fighter and actually punch resistance. Not knocking him for riding a rep but he peaked at Angulo and I can't get beyond listening to him try to form sentences after Canelo punched him numb. Knocks on Cotto really, either piss or get off the pot and again he looks to reset in a showcase. Anyone in their right mind think he runs with the Charlo we saw Saturday It's just a payday to guarantee Cotto sees at least one more for himself.


    For the record, I'm not defending Kirkland's choice as opponent. But how is this any different from any other fighter with a storied career wanting to milk what's left of it, and get out with maximum profit? The double standard with this guy continues, and probably will as he rides off into the sunset. I will say this: He may be fighting damaged goods now. But he got off to a fast start from the beginning of his career, and fought some very tough opposition throughout. I won't get into calling out other elite fighters active now.... but we all know how different careers stack up.
    I think the unwillingness to walk the walk and catch weights seriously put me off Cotto. Always liked him as a fighter but for a guy ranked #2 in the world more on history now rather than ability who cannot even fight a top 15 boxer? Just cannot appreciate that.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1122
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Wolfe has just joined him for this fight. Hmmm
    Won't matter unless this has just become a sanctioned handicap match Wolfe and Kirkland vs Cotto
    Lyle, could you beat Wolfe in a boxing match?
    Nice loaded question there @Hulk Well she'd no doubt have the experience factor, but the age, height, reach, weight, advantages all go to me also I'm a dude so unless low blows count that's another advantage for me. Ann Wolfe is one scary broad and I don't hit women at all much less in the face AND with a closed fist, however if it was a sanctioned boxing match then yeah I'd feel comfortable betting on myself. I'm not saying that to big up myself or anything I mean if I was to be fighting a 45 years old 165 pound MAN who was a boxer I'd still feel comfortable betting on myself to win. Now if I was an average woman, no way in hell would I have ever set foot in the ring with Ann Wolfe, not no way not no how. And yes I do not doubt that Ann Wolfe has in her lifetime fought guys as big or bigger than me....she also got knocked out by Valerie "Who's been eatin all" Mahfood (much better nickname than 'Big Bad Wolfe')
    You guys hear yourselves? Surprised how easy -trained experienced professionals- are dismissed Hey Hopkins is near 52 and I'm sure he could make 165 again..have a go! So many fighters fought into early 40's. Wolfe lost by knockout early in career, true story. But hey she beat her not once but twice in rematches. And she didn't need her big brother or sister to do it for her.
    It's become silly, I know, but there's an enormous difference between legendary male boxer Hopkins and 145 lb female judo specialist mma fighter Rousey in a boxing match against yours truly. For the record, Anne Wolfe scares me in a boxing match. Rousey...not so much.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,603
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2986
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: cotto v kirland

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    You guys hear yourselves? Surprised how easy -trained experienced professionals- are dismissed Hey Hopkins is near 52 and I'm sure he could make 165 again..have a go! So many fighters fought into early 40's. Wolfe lost by knockout early in career, true story. But hey she beat her not once but twice in rematches. And she didn't need her big brother or sister to do it for her.
    Well the conversation was typed sooooo ummm, no we didn't "hear" ourselves. Dude asked a question, I attempted to answer to the best of my abilities. Don't be offended at my answer to a hypothetical question.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    For the record, I'm not defending Kirkland's choice as opponent. But how is this any different from any other fighter with a storied career wanting to milk what's left of it, and get out with maximum profit? The double standard with this guy continues, and probably will as he rides off into the sunset. I will say this: He may be fighting damaged goods now. But he got off to a fast start from the beginning of his career, and fought some very tough opposition throughout. I won't get into calling out other elite fighters active now.... but we all know how different careers stack up.
    I think the unwillingness to walk the walk and catch weights seriously put me off Cotto. Always liked him as a fighter but for a guy ranked #2 in the world more on history now rather than ability who cannot even fight a top 15 boxer? Just cannot appreciate that.[/QUOTE]

    It's not a great fight for Cotto that we can agree on. Cotto should be making the biggest fights he can and this ain't it.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1122
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    You guys think Charlo that fought last weekend would be too much for Cotto at this point?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,209
    Mentioned
    792 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1026
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: cotto v kirland

    Thought this was a hypothetical. PPV? Really?
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,603
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2986
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: cotto v kirland

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    You guys think Charlo that fought last weekend would be too much for Cotto at this point?
    I wouldn't mind it. Cotto just needs to chill with the catchweights.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,479
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1641
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: cotto v kirland

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    You guys hear yourselves? Surprised how easy -trained experienced professionals- are dismissed Hey Hopkins is near 52 and I'm sure he could make 165 again..have a go! So many fighters fought into early 40's. Wolfe lost by knockout early in career, true story. But hey she beat her not once but twice in rematches. And she didn't need her big brother or sister to do it for her.
    Well the conversation was typed sooooo ummm, no we didn't "hear" ourselves. Dude asked a question, I attempted to answer to the best of my abilities. Don't be offended at my answer to a hypothetical question.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    For the record, I'm not defending Kirkland's choice as opponent. But how is this any different from any other fighter with a storied career wanting to milk what's left of it, and get out with maximum profit? The double standard with this guy continues, and probably will as he rides off into the sunset. I will say this: He may be fighting damaged goods now. But he got off to a fast start from the beginning of his career, and fought some very tough opposition throughout. I won't get into calling out other elite fighters active now.... but we all know how different careers stack up.
    I think the unwillingness to walk the walk and catch weights seriously put me off Cotto. Always liked him as a fighter but for a guy ranked #2 in the world more on history now rather than ability who cannot even fight a top 15 boxer? Just cannot appreciate that.
    It's not a great fight for Cotto that we can agree on. Cotto should be making the biggest fights he can and this ain't it.[/QUOTE]




    @El Kabong

    Serious quote fail on this one, bro.

    @Spicoli will be mortified.

    Your point was made, though.





    P.S. - Shit... now I screwed up too. No telling who said what.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,725
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4725
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: cotto v kirland

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    You guys hear yourselves? Surprised how easy -trained experienced professionals- are dismissed Hey Hopkins is near 52 and I'm sure he could make 165 again..have a go! So many fighters fought into early 40's. Wolfe lost by knockout early in career, true story. But hey she beat her not once but twice in rematches. And she didn't need her big brother or sister to do it for her.
    Well the conversation was typed sooooo ummm, no we didn't "hear" ourselves. Dude asked a question, I attempted to answer to the best of my abilities. Don't be offended at my answer to a hypothetical question.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    For the record, I'm not defending Kirkland's choice as opponent. But how is this any different from any other fighter with a storied career wanting to milk what's left of it, and get out with maximum profit? The double standard with this guy continues, and probably will as he rides off into the sunset. I will say this: He may be fighting damaged goods now. But he got off to a fast start from the beginning of his career, and fought some very tough opposition throughout. I won't get into calling out other elite fighters active now.... but we all know how different careers stack up.
    I think the unwillingness to walk the walk and catch weights seriously put me off Cotto. Always liked him as a fighter but for a guy ranked #2 in the world more on history now rather than ability who cannot even fight a top 15 boxer? Just cannot appreciate that.
    It's not a great fight for Cotto that we can agree on. Cotto should be making the biggest fights he can and this ain't it.[/QUOTE] Wait. That's actually spot on and very well put!

    This Spicoli fella knows his shat

    @Hulk I'd trip over my jaw if Cotto v Charlo could happen. I'd have to favor much larger and fresher Charlo though and probably harsh fashion as it went late. Never underestimate depth of experience though. And Williams had a brief time where he was sneaking some short straight rights in on Charlo who can leave himself open.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    887
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: cotto v kirland

    When Canelo fought Kirkland, it was a short notice for the Dingo Warrior, this time its treacherous waters for the smaller and much older Cotto. Interesting fight in my humble opinion. I hope Cotto wins big and retire. Cotto is just a welterweight imo.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 06-10-2015, 02:41 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-07-2013, 06:34 AM
  3. Wow disgusted by the Molina vs Kirland stoppage
    By outspoken in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 05:49 AM
  4. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 09:01 PM
  5. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 10:28 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing