Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua vs klitschko - ticket sales announcement from matchroom

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I can see Ortiz slipping up to be honest. He's a good fighter, technically probably the best out there, but he's old. and not a good seasoned old, he's just old. Unless he plays it very safe (Eddie wont let that happen) between now and getting the winner, I can see someone outworking him.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wladimir Klitschko has issued Anthony Joshua with an ominous reminder of the 53 knockout wins collected over his prestigious career.

Joshua, whose IBF heavyweight title will be up for grabs against Klitschko live on Sky Sports Box Office, offered "respect" to his veteran challenger's fighting style but insisted he preferred to watch risk-takers inside the ring.

Former unified world champion Klitschko said: "I think trainers and fighters have been studying my style and they are aware I can knock people out with both hands. I showed it many times.

"I do have a lot of weapons. One of them is the jab. It depends how much Anthony is going to give me to use, and which weapon I'm going to choose."

Of Klitschko's 53 stoppage wins in his 68 fights, five have come in the eights outings since spoiling David Haye's challenge in 2011.

He will be 41-years-old when he challenges the unbeaten Joshua at Wembley Stadium on April 29, but Klitschko insisted his most recent fight, a world title defeat against Tyson Fury, is not evidence of his decline.

"Actually the opposite," he said. "With age I got faster. And my endurance got better, my anticipation.

"Until now I've seen progress. I always ask my team - you guys better tell me before I slow down, because maybe I won't feel it. Just tell me if it's there. So it's not just my opinion. It's the opinion of people who are close to me."

Klitschko: KOs in both hands
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua has revealed he preferred watching risk-taking knockout artists rather than technicians like Wladimir Klitschko during his rise.

The unbeaten IBF champion always aimed to replicate the methods of knockout artists from bygone eras rather than copy the cagey Klitschko, who he will next fight on Sky Sports Box Office on April 29.

Asked if Klitschko's safety-first style was exciting, Joshua said: "I respect it, but it's not, no.

"His style has worked for him so you can't knock it. But you've got to land a few, give a few, work on the inside. The first rounds are always cagey but, by the fourth round, the fight has to get exciting.

"That Riddick Bowe-Evander Holyfield style scrap? That Dillian Whyte-Dereck Chisora style scrap? You never know, but I don't see him fighting like that.

"Klitschko is very dominant at putting people on their back foot, on the edge of the ring. Even with Tyson Fury, a bigger and taller man, he had him moving.

"So sometimes you have to let him know that your presence is in the ring also. You could come out feinting, pushing him back. In the clinches, lean on him. Or you could come out dancing like Fury did, or come out slipping shots.

"It will be interesting to see which style I bring to the table against Klitschko. I like to adapt to the fighter. Maybe I'll counter him, maybe I'll move on the back foot.

"I haven't got a game plan. That's why I like shots thrown at me, because I figure them out. I'll hopefully figure out Klitschko as the rounds go on."

Joshua has stopped all 19 professional opponents while Klitschko, the former unified world champion, has 53 knockout wins on his record from 64 fights.

AJ: Heavyweights must scrap

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IBF champion Joshua can add the vacant WBA 'super' title when he faces Klitschko in front of an expected sell out crowd at the national stadium on April 29, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

Matchroom Sport chairman Hearn believes Joshua will stake his claim as the world's best heavyweight by defeating Klitschko and hopes he will end the year with a Las Vegas fight against WBC champion Wilder.

"I think the dream is to unify the division," Hearn told Sky Sports News HQ.

"Politically, boxing is always difficult, because there are so many different governing bodies and so many different mandatories that inevitably at some stage you are forced to give up a belt, rather than have them all under control of one heavyweight.

"I think the fight we would all like to see and assuming that Deontay Wilder can do a little better on his own promotion, because he's not a big enough draw in America, let alone outside.

"But the fight for me to close the year would be Deontay Wilder against Anthony Joshua in one of those barnstorming Las Vegas nights."

Tyson Fury was previously recognised as the No 1 in the division after defeating Klitschko on points and Hearn hopes he will return to the sport for a lucrative fight against Joshua.

"Of course there is a certain Mr Tyson Fury, who one day is going to come back and is going to want to earn some serious money," said Hearn.

"The only serious money in the heavyweight division is Anthony Joshua and money talks in boxing."

Joshua must first overcome Klitschko, who has vowed to regain two of his world titles, but Hearn expects the British champion to herald the start of a dominant reign in the division.

Hearn said: "Wladimir Klitschko stands in his way on April 29 and I think it's going to be a very painful night for Mr Klitschko, because I don't know how you defend, or how you beat Anthony Joshua.

"Too physically strong, too fast, and he hits too hard."

Hearn: Wilder on AJ's radar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua will ko vlad but will get tko'd by Ortiz.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by red fox View Post
    Crazier things have happened but just can not see this happening.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by red fox View Post
    willy fuck
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua is the best HW I've seen. Still young but he's ready. KO 5.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    AJ better be because he has not gone 12 rounds and fighting an experienced ex-champion who will try and take him to the later rounds

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If AJ loses to Wlad, interest in the HW division willl plunge as quickly as it peaked when Wlad lost to (cough)... Fury.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They have exceeded the 80,000 tickets that were sold in the Groves v Froch fight.

Poor old Carl will be weeping into his corn flakes this morning when he hears that.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just been Green Lighted for the extra 10,000 tickets so gonna be 90,000 which is a UK post war record
    Gonna be some fucking night this
    Wembley Stadium greenlighted to host British record boxing crowd - News - Kilburn Times

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    @mrbig1 yes man I just wrote the same thing about 5 minutes ago without having seen your post definitely ko5 all the way this thing is a done deal ko5 all the way K 05

Thread Information