Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Politically Correct Thread

I don't even understand why a term like PC was concocted. In other countries, common decency will take care of it but I guess some people has lost their sense of decency.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    I don't even understand why a term like PC was concocted. In other countries, common decency will take care of it but I guess some people has lost their sense of decency.
    Yes I think you are right. I hope you are safe after the storms there in the Philippines. My father is there at the moment. Have a happy new year pacfan.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Yes I think you are right. I hope you are safe after the storms there in the Philippines. My father is there at the moment. Have a happy new year pacfan.
    Thanks, Beanz. Surprised to hear your father is here, I hope he keep himself safe. It's been quite insane here the last several months...
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks, Beanz. Surprised to hear your father is here, I hope he keep himself safe. It's been quite insane here the last several months...
    He actually married in the Solomon Islands but his wife and her family (2nd wife not my mother) are from the Phillipines and they are visiting them. I just spoke with him to wish him a happy new year. HE is quite old now and so he is making the most of it while he can travel.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He actually married in the Solomon Islands but his wife and her family (2nd wife not my mother) are from the Phillipines and they are visiting them. I just spoke with him to wish him a happy new year. HE is quite old now and so he is making the most of it while he can travel.
    I'm glad he's just on a visit here, not the safest place on earth right now but you don't have to worry that much; the bastards usually know their targets, mostly poor folks living in the fringe areas. On the positive side, Filipinas make pretty good wives, they could be very loving and caring type so your father is most probably in good hands.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a wonderful depiction of the 1- and at most 2-dimensional °°°PERCEPTUALIZATIONAL DILEMMA°°° that @Beanz has made here. He is right to depict the inexact formation of mental images of other posters, while we are absent of any knowledge of tone-color, diction, stress, enunciation or subtlety of whichever poster is posting.

That being said, how utterly fucking •••DARE YOU••• cunt use the word "deadpanness" without the express consent of that ESL Shill @Miles, (who will shill his way to victory one despicable way or another) as on second thought I could be wrong that it should instead be "deadpandom".

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

badgers, marmite and penis life juice

yeah I still haven't read it

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey, I understand........ ADD.

Just for you, I wrote a condensed version, writing just every 10th word.

"Why... probably... Internet... for... topic/issue... certain... to... the... I've... PC... time... had... things... it's... other... PC... is... "Oh"... a... double-barreled... I... he... bastard... good... How?... days... a... article... word... loving... anything... language... dictionary... West... fired... heels... that... Why?... something... tell... my".

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Hey, I understand........ ADD.

Just for you, I wrote a condensed version, writing just every 10th word.

"Why... probably... Internet... for... topic/issue... certain... to... the... I've... PC... time... had... things... it's... other... PC... is... "Oh"... a... double-barreled... I... he... bastard... good... How?... days... a... article... word... loving... anything... language... dictionary... West... fired... heels... that... Why?... something... tell... my".
    didn't read that either

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn..... this is going to look bad in my mentoring program resume.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Damn..... this is going to look bad in my mentoring program resume.
    I got as far as "damn" and gave up xx

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We could try this.....

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Or this...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another theory I have which you can feel free to disagree with but I believe wholeheartedly. I think a lot of this ultra PC, SJW nonsense comes from a group where the majority of the people have had either no or very superficial relationships with minorities. Most seem to be middle-to-upper class white people who lived in very sheltered, white-washed areas all their lives.

If you grew up in a racially diverse area like I did in Grand Rapids/Detroit, and you grew up with other races your whole life, I don't think you have the same stick up your ass. Because real talk, especially among dudes, is NOT PC! Boys and men say a lot of repugnant shit when we're around each other. So many times I was the only (or one of the only) white people in a room at a given time and got comedy roasted with "small dick" white jokes I also remember responding with things that would make Donald Sterling blush. But it was all fun between guys and you bond by saying harsh jokes that you don't really mean.

So when I see these upper-class white college students talking about black people like they're poor delicate flowers that need to be protected with PC culture, I immediately know that they never had any true relationship with any black people. Black people don't need a bunch of corny white 20-somethings to protect them, they can handle themselves.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    Another theory I have which you can feel free to disagree with but I believe wholeheartedly. I think a lot of this ultra PC, SJW nonsense comes from a group where the majority of the people have had either no or very superficial relationships with minorities. Most seem to be middle-to-upper class white people who lived in very sheltered, white-washed areas all their lives.

If you grew up in a racially diverse area like I did in Grand Rapids/Detroit, and you grew up with other races your whole life, I don't think you have the same stick up your ass. Because real talk, especially among dudes, is NOT PC! Boys and men say a lot of repugnant shit when we're around each other. So many times I was the only (or one of the only) white people in a room at a given time and got comedy roasted with "small dick" white jokes I also remember responding with things that would make Donald Sterling blush. But it was all fun between guys and you bond by saying harsh jokes that you don't really mean.

So when I see these upper-class white college students talking about black people like they're poor delicate flowers that need to be protected with PC culture, I immediately know that they never had any true relationship with any black people. Black people don't need a bunch of corny white 20-somethings to protect them, they can handle themselves.

That's a tremendously good point, Vidgil... thanks for the post. Unfortunately, you went past four words and thus our colleague Batman will begin reading and lose interest.

Seriously though, it's a good point. Diversity is the answer to all these uptight racial tensions. It brings down walls of ignorance and fear. If money weren't an issue, I'd people just need to travel more. Too many people are born, grow up, get married, raise children, and die in the same town or neighborhood. They never experience other races and/or cultures, and thus are ignorant of others. Their world is small and narrow. But I would throw the common sense disclaimer in there too. Just because you and your buddies... or me and my own buddies... can get together and be downright crude to each other... it doesn't mean we can or should automatically carry that way of being to all other situations and/or people. Example, maybe me and my buddies get together and the gay jokes go on and on. But that doesn't make me homophobic, nor would I dare hurt a gay person's feelings by calling them a hurtful name or being otherwise disparaging toward them. You have to choose the appropriate time and place for everything.

Thread Information