Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Long time no see!

Hey whats up guys! its been a while since I posted here but im checking back in! Still training with Glen Johnson Im hoping to crack into national competition 2017!

Here is a fight of mine from the State of Florida PAL championships tournament. It was a 3 day tournament and I swept it! I beat everyone and won
    enjoy, tell me what you think.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Long time no see!

I like your boxing style it is smooth, composed and skillful. Reminds me of Oba Carr, who was a favourite boxer of mines.

Well done. I am glad Glenn Johnson is training, he has a mountain of knowledge to share.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude good for you I'm an armchair boxer since I left the military though I never lost a hand to hand combat fight with a taliban but they did tag me good. Left me so I couldn't fight now if I needed to. I really hope u have great success in 2017. I'll get your ppv

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Dude good for you I'm an armchair boxer since I left the military though I never lost a hand to hand combat fight with a taliban but they did tag me good. Left me so I couldn't fight now if I needed to. I really hope u have great success in 2017. I'll get your ppv
    Sorry don't like to talk about those war days really bothers me I think I just ruined my day all life is precious

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You get anyone's ppv, you have no taste.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great technique and body position throughout! Honestly, can see similarities between your style and The Road Warrior's: hands held high with a tight guard, consistent pressure, good use of your jab, always on balance and set to punch, and the biggest similarity is your use of the right hand. You are very effective at chopping with the right over a low left hand or lazy jab (your opponent's, obviously). Keep up the hard work and training, will pay off in the long run. Hesitate to give unsolicited advice (and can't come close to what Mr. Johnson can provide), but found my biggest issues/losses came when I focused on the name/accomplishments of the other guy, vice the things I could and needed to control like body position, defense, distance, technique...etc. Focus on the mental aspects and with the way you are fighting now you will go very far.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry don't like to talk about those war days really bothers me I think I just ruined my day all life is precious
    For what it's worth, I've deployed 6 times to combat, and understand that certain feelings/memories tend to have a significant effect on your mood/state of mind. That being said, you didn't ask to be put in those horrible positions, you were placed there. Don't assume blame for a situation you were powerless to stop, accept that in order to survive horrible situations, you were forced to see and conduct unpleasant acts. Your country and fellow citizens owe you a great debt of gratitude for your bravery and sacrifice. Be proud of your service, but feel free to criticize or disagree with those who forced you to be in those situations and make those decisions. If you ever feel overwhelmed or alone, please talk to someone and get help. Thank you for your service/sacrifice!!!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Congrats, buddy...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I like your boxing style it is smooth, composed and skillful. Reminds me of Oba Carr, who was a favourite boxer of mines.

Well done. I am glad Glenn Johnson is training, he has a mountain of knowledge to share.
    Thank you!
    Hmm im going to go check that guy out now and watch a few of his fights

Lol thanks brother! 2017 is the year i really go for it all the way. I dont have time to waste i want to go pro atleast by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Great technique and body position throughout! Honestly, can see similarities between your style and The Road Warrior's: hands held high with a tight guard, consistent pressure, good use of your jab, always on balance and set to punch, and the biggest similarity is your use of the right hand. You are very effective at chopping with the right over a low left hand or lazy jab (your opponent's, obviously). Keep up the hard work and training, will pay off in the long run. Hesitate to give unsolicited advice (and can't come close to what Mr. Johnson can provide), but found my biggest issues/losses came when I focused on the name/accomplishments of the other guy, vice the things I could and needed to control like body position, defense, distance, technique...etc. Focus on the mental aspects and with the way you are fighting now you will go very far.
    Thanks! Yeah its funny people tell me i fight like him even though im not trying to. People dont know it but body position is so damn important in boxing almost more than anything else man. I swear im a stickler for it because when its off by even a little everything else feels like its off and not coming out right. When that happens i always have to come back to how my body is placed, where are my arms, am i angled etc
    Also its more tiring to things out of postion

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Congrats, buddy...
    Thank you 💪

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So far, I think that you have a lot going for yourself, technique and movement are pretty smooth and you have a very good speed. Keep it going bud, you could get pretty far.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hello friend! Glen Johnson is a legend, not much he hasn't done or seen in the sport so a great guy to learn from I'm sure!

Thread Information