Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 2017 Predictions

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Wearing shades during a staring competition is totally cheating!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fake news.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Prince Phillip will die.

The heavyweight title unification won't happen, but it just might in 2018

The Labour Party in the U.K. will split and a new political party will be formed

Another EU country will promise it's people a referendum on membership. For a bonus point, I predict it will be Italy.

Amir Khan won't fight in 2017

Chelsea will win the Premiership

Novak Djokovic will end 2017 as world number one tennis player

Russia will make provocative moves against the Baltic States, saying they are only concerned for the democratic rights of ethnic Russians living there.

Assad will stay in power in Syria

Francois Fillon will be elected President of France
    X will still be the funniest, most intelligent and generously endowed poster on Saddoboxing.

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate politics, politicians and political parties. I'm basically an apolitical guy, in traditional sense, I mean. But anyhow, my prediction is there will be lots of protest against Trump this year and eventually he will be impeached, though not necessarily in 2017...
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    I hate politics, politicians and political parties. I'm basically an apolitical guy, in traditional sense, I mean. But anyhow, my prediction is there will be lots of protest against Trump this year and eventually he will be impeached, though not necessarily in 2017...
    Lots of people saying Trump will be impeached...what for?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Lots of people saying Trump will be impeached...what for?
    I know it's too early to say but lots of people including me are getting that impression. Simply put, there's no harmony in his style, picking fight everywhere even with the media. Of course it will eventually depend on how his policies turn out to be but some of his policies, including economic policies, are, let's say, radical - radical in the sense no other president dared to do pursue or even propose anything like them. Building walls, picking a fight with world's no. 2 economy, encouraging Japan & Korea to develop nuke, etc. Way to far from the norm, imo...
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thread is not going as I planned. You lot are ruining it.
    I haven't seen anything here that goes as it is supposed to go, especially when Brocks comes in.

El Kabong Guest

I know it's too early to say but lots of people including me are getting that impression. Simply put, there's no harmony in his style, picking fight everywhere even with the media. Of course it will eventually depend on how his policies turn out to be but some of his policies, including economic policies, are, let's say, radical - radical in the sense no other president dared to do pursue or even propose anything like them. Building walls, picking a fight with world's no. 2 economy, encouraging Japan & Korea to develop nuke, etc. Way to far from the norm, imo...
    And I know you may not be familiar with the American political system, but in order to be impeached you've got to break the law. For example William Jefferson Clinton lied under oath to Congress which lead for him to be impeached (it wasn't for getting a bj from a then 19 year old Monica Lewinsky). Richard Nixon knew of/gave the go ahead for the Watergate break in, he resigned rather than be impeached and Gerald Ford pardoned him. Andrew Johnson was impeached for the violation of the Tenure of Office Act.

Donald Trump will have to break a law(s) and/or be up to some extremely shady crap to be impeached.

Now I believe that the left will try everything in order to accomplish that, but they have very little power in DC right now, and I don't see them winning over many people with their constant Trump bashing, if anything it's wearing thin with the average voter.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The left are not to blame for everything Trump mistake. Trump is doing a great job himself.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I know you may not be familiar with the American political system, but in order to be impeached you've got to break the law. For example William Jefferson Clinton lied under oath to Congress which lead for him to be impeached (it wasn't for getting a bj from a then 19 year old Monica Lewinsky). Richard Nixon knew of/gave the go ahead for the Watergate break in, he resigned rather than be impeached and Gerald Ford pardoned him. Andrew Johnson was impeached for the violation of the Tenure of Office Act.

Donald Trump will have to break a law(s) and/or be up to some extremely shady crap to be impeached.

Now I believe that the left will try everything in order to accomplish that, but they have very little power in DC right now, and I don't see them winning over many people with their constant Trump bashing, if anything it's wearing thin with the average voter.
    I try not to be partisan here, just from a point of view of a neutral bystander. Ya but you gotta be realistic as impeachment has become a political process as much as judicial type process. There were debates about it during the Clinton impeachment but ultimately the confessed perjurer got acquitted and 'political' argument won. If there is any president to be impeached primarily for political reason, mark my word for it, this president will be the one. And you're right the Democrats will be trying to do everything to look for something to throw at him, but don't forget too there are GOP'rs who're not happy with him too and there are already rumors that some 'em might be grooming Pence; so what does that mean? There is a possibility that there might be a bi-partisan a consensus one day to impeach the President, as far fetched it might sound now. It will all depend the President and how much discontent and protests sets in. With the uproar he has already created just weeks into office, imo the possibility is real. If they are going to look for some rubbish, it'll probably be about the Moscow connection or the conflict of interest issue or both.

El Kabong Guest

The left are not to blame for everything Trump mistake. Trump is doing a great job himself.
    And your issue with Trump is? I mean it's obvious there has been a campaign to smear him as: racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, etc.....you buy into that or did you arrive at not liking Trump on your own?

I believe a lot of people have been lead by the nose to not like Trump....after of course being lead by those people who thought he'd be the best opposition in order to get their gal elected told everyone he was a great champion of the people.

So have you been lead or did you arrive here on your own?

I try not to be partisan here, just from a point of view of a neutral bystander. Ya but you gotta be realistic as impeachment has become a political process as much as judicial type process. There were debates about it during the Clinton impeachment but ultimately the confessed perjurer got acquitted and 'political' argument won. If there is any president to be impeached primarily for political reason, mark my word for it, this president will be the one. And you're right the Democrats will be trying to do everything to look for something to throw at him, but don't forget too there are GOP'rs who're not happy with him too and there are already rumors that some 'em might be grooming Pence; so what does that mean? There is a possibility that there might be a bi-partisan a consensus one day to impeach the President, as far fetched it might sound now. It will all depend the President and how much discontent and protests sets in. With the uproar he has already created just weeks into office, imo the possibility is real. If they are going to look for some rubbish, it'll probably be about the Moscow connection or the conflict of interest issue or both.
    If Congress, Democrat or Republican moved to impeach Trump then they'd have quite the fight on their hands.

Just look at that...that is where Trump lost. You think the other parts of the United states are going to just sit back and be ok with Trump getting railroaded by the Congress?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And your issue with Trump is? I mean it's obvious there has been a campaign to smear him as: racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, etc.....you buy into that or did you arrive at not liking Trump on your own?

I believe a lot of people have been lead by the nose to not like Trump....after of course being lead by those people who thought he'd be the best opposition in order to get their gal elected told everyone he was a great champion of the people.

So have you been lead or did you arrive here on your own?

If Congress, Democrat or Republican moved to impeach Trump then they'd have quite the fight on their hands.

Just look at that...that is where Trump lost. You think the other parts of the United states are going to just sit back and be ok with Trump getting railroaded by the Congress?
    Ya I know it might turn ugly but then politicians are still politicians and with their president coming in with lowest approval rating among the presidents in last couple decades, what do you think will happen if the rating falls further? It'll be a problem for the Republicans as his rating might pull them down as well. Will they sit there doing nothing? I really doubt it especially the Senators with broader constituencies.

El Kabong Guest

Ya I know it might turn ugly but then politicians are still politicians and with their president coming in with lowest approval rating among the presidents in last couple decades, what do you think will happen if the rating falls further? It'll be a problem for the Republicans as his rating might pull them down as well. Will they sit there doing nothing? I really doubt it especially the Senators with broader constituencies.
    Considering the press coverage Trump has received it is shocking that his approval rating is where it is....look at how the press treated Obama, nobody was allowed to dislike him or question him. So again, I'm telling you, impeachment isn't happening in 2017 unless the Republicans wish to commit political suicide. That party BARELY made it through the general election and if not for Trump being willing to kiss and make up with Reince Preibus it would have withered on the vine.......Trump has his power from the people...the party didn't build him up and they aren't going to be able to tear him down.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So how are we doing with a 6 month review.

Titofan was wrong with GGG v Canelo not happening.

Thread Information