Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Changes could be coming for the 2020 elections

Lawsuit against organization that makes presidential debate rules - Business Insider

Maybe something good came out of this election after all. It's common knowledge there were vast numbers of people dissatisfied with both Clinton and Trump as candidates for their respective parties. Many of whom would've loved to have another viable candidate to vote for. There are many who believe the two-party system in the U.S. does more harm than good, and keeps many good people from running and possibly getting elected. I personally dislike Hillary very much, and would've never voted for her (if I lived in the States). But Trump as an alternative was and still is a very scary proposition. I've always said that just because one candidate is no good, it doesn't automatically mean that the opposing candidate is that much better. I don't know whether this movement will go anywhere or not, but it's refreshing to see people think outside the box, and at least consider alternatives for future elections.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Changes could be coming for the 2020 elections

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    I personally dislike Hillary very much, and would've never voted for her (if I lived in the States)
    Uh, don't you live in Puerto Rico?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...in_Puerto_Rico

I know you guys don't get Congressmen but you DO get to vote for the President....sure people care who you guys vote for the way people care about who Guam votes for but that's ok.

I think having a 3rd party candidate or 4th candidate would be a good thing....it would make things a little less bipolar and more level I believe but we'll just have to wait and see. This will also be the ONLY way a Democrat beats Trump in 2020 is if another right leaning candidate comes around and does better than expected and the Democrat can win like Bill Clinton did 2 times by plurality.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

I know you guys don't get Congressmen but you DO get to vote for the President

We choose delegates that participate in the primaries, but do not get to vote in the general election. In Congress we're limited to a Resident Commissioner in the House of Representatives.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still got plenty of time to ruined every thing for Trump

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kevin View Post

@El Kabong ? Any thoughts on this?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

What on Paul Kevin's abhorrent use of English? Or on Trump in 2020 vs potentially 2-3 candidates?

I will ASSUME you mean "How do you think this will effect Trump?"

4 years is a long time away and to be quite honest SOMEBODY is going to have to step up to challenge him and I don't think we have that person yet. Now Cory Booker may attempt to run, but he's going to just try to be Obama 2.0 and the public will not buy that. PLUS if a 3rd or 4th party candidate is going to hurt Trump it'll have to be either a Blue Dog Democrat like Joe Manchin who is very conservative for a Democrat OR a Republican will have to run as a more Libertarian candidate and they'll have to have a true Democrat in the mix as well because i think the only way Trump loses is like HW Bush via plurality. Ross Perot stole a lot of votes from George HW Bush.

As a citizen, I like the idea I want more points of views expressed, I want more visions of our great nation to be projected out for the people to dream about and get behind.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What on Paul Kevin's abhorrent use of English? Or on Trump in 2020 vs potentially 2-3 candidates?

4 years is a long time away and to be quite honest SOMEBODY is going to have to step up to challenge him and I don't think we have that person yet. Now Cory Booker may attempt to run, but he's going to just try to be Obama 2.0 and the public will not buy that. PLUS if a 3rd or 4th party candidate is going to hurt Trump it'll have to be either a Blue Dog Democrat like Joe Manchin who is very conservative for a Democrat OR a Republican will have to run as a more Libertarian candidate and they'll have to have a true Democrat in the mix as well because i think the only way Trump loses is like HW Bush via plurality. Ross Perot stole a lot of votes from George HW Bush.

As a citizen, I like the idea I want more points of views expressed, I want more visions of our great nation to be projected out for the people to dream about and get behind.

Once again my humor escapes you, but those are good points regardless.

El Kabong Guest

....yeah that one was a bit too subtle for me but I attempted to give you something

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....yeah that one was a bit too subtle for me but I attempted to give you something

Hint: Any time I ask for your reaction on anything written by PK, it's probably a joke.

Thread Information