Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Brexit Thread

That was not BBC getting destroyed. Rees Mogg could not back his claims and Farage spouting the same stuff as always.

Wasted 11 minutes of my life watching that.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That was not BBC getting destroyed. Rees Mogg could not back his claims and Farage spouting the same stuff as always.

Well why don't you complain about it.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Well why don't you complain about it.
    BBC have not been bias about brexit what is to complain about?

El Kabong Guest

Plenty to hate the BBC about...they blame the murder of Jo Cox on the Brexit campaign of UKIP.

Liam Fox called out the Beeb for being a wet blanket on Brexit.

70 MPs joined in to accuse the BBC of anti-Brexit bias

.....and it's not JUST Brexit that they suck on....

They knew of AND defended Jimmy Saville for ages.....Johnny Rotten called him out in 1978 for fucks sake and the BBC banned him for it.

Then there's bullshit like this...

...that YOU @Master are required to pay for....you enjoying that?

The Godfather of Fake News
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources...HSi9JmP-uzXUtQ

They go out of their way to GLORIFY a leftist troll.....hey if UKIP's banner got Jo Cox murdered then what is that troll's work going to do? You want to pay for that bullshit? You happy paying for that?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one would be happy to pay a licence fee and they are part of the establishment but overall they are fair and balanced.

El Kabong Guest

No one would be happy to pay a licence fee and they are part of the establishment but overall they are fair and balanced.
    Fair enough

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair enough
    The picture you put up is to simulate debate.

El Kabong Guest

Fair enough
    The picture you put up is to simulate debate.
    I assume you mean stimulate in this case

OK then, suppose it is up there to stimulate debate.....here's a question.....WHY?

Christians have been celebrating Christmas for (at the VERY least) 1,682 years. Father Christmas (specifically) dates back to 16th Century England....why change any of it? Who is calling for these changes? Can they not celebrate it on THEIR own in THEIR own way? Why should I be forced to appease this bullshit?

Also would this EVER happen to Sikh's? Would this be accepted or thought ridiculous?

"BBC: The Ninth Guru Tegh Bahadur should be seen as a gender non-binary otherkin"

"BBC: Why this Maha Shivaratri you should understand that Shiva was totally abelist and how problematic that is"

"BBC: This Bandi Chhor Divas the Sikh community needs to understand how harmful this holiday is to our Muslim community"

There's no fucking reason for the BBC or anyone else to push this bullshit. Do you not agree? Maybe the BBC doesn't understand how that might instead of stimulating DEBATE it might stimulate resentment, anger, hatred? I know for absolutely fucking certain they aren't doing that to Muslims and I know for certain why that's the case too and you do as well.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I meant stimulate.

Getting back to brexit, the whole referendum was loaded for remain to win, not just business, politicians, and media. They lost and I am dreading them asking for another referendum and another chance because of the incompetency of the government who have wasted 2 years and come with a poor deal.

El Kabong Guest

Yes I meant stimulate.

Getting back to brexit, the whole referendum was loaded for remain to win, not just business, politicians, and media. They lost and I am dreading them asking for another referendum and another chance because of the incompetency of the government who have wasted 2 years and come with a poor deal.
    OK, I didn't want to put words in your mouth, but I assumed that's what you meant.

Yeah the entire Brexit referendum deal looks quite poorly handled. It looks rather a lot like the American Presidential election of 2016.....like 1 side didn't figure on losing like AT ALL and they didn't count on the massive groundswell of support for their opposition. The leaders of Remain much like Hillary Clinton, were complacent and they got caught and once they got caught they have been fumbling around trying everything in what is left of their power to get a do over. Only problem is....a do-over on a referendum (or in my case a rigged election) undermines the very fabric of how our governments work...it will be needlessly expensive (government in general is FANTASTIC at that) and really put a dent in the morale of the nation, it could cause rifts within the nation which never fully heal.

Hard Brexit, Soft Brexit, Theresa May pays lip service to Brexit the way Corbyn paid lip service to Remain..it's got to be very frustrating to have your votes tallied and then have them mean nothing. I think there's likely to be riots Second Referendum or no....I certainly hope this gets sorted out, but it's got to be by someone with the best interests of Britain at heart and that ain't Theresa May.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would love the no confidence vote to win but it will not. So plan B is next and she will cling on and survive.

Want a general election but not a second referendum.

Government have screwed these negotiations over 2 and half years. Wasted precious time.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would love the no confidence vote to win but it will not. So plan B is next and she will cling on and survive.

Want a general election but not a second referendum.

Government have screwed these negotiations over 2 and half years. Wasted precious time.
    She barely survived and now two years after consulting literally nobody she is blaming everyone else for not collaborating over two days. What a shit show. She does not have the mandate to do anything. I voted Remain but that does not mean I support bending over to the worse demands of a belligerent EU or mean that virtually half the population should be screwed over in an exit that sticks two fingers up to trading partners.

An election would have at least held up the opportunity to vote on the nature of the leave deal for all in Britain, rather than have people like Gove, Rees-Mogg and Boris hijack the result as an excuse to return Britain to the dark ages. A real cross-party consensus could have been reached and to be honest Keir Starmer could not only have made May's negotiating skills look embarrassingly amateur, if she had not already done the job herself, he could be future Prime Minister material himself.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Been watching a bit of this on the news lately, and just wanted to ask the following of you Brits:

Would a 2nd referendum really be so bad? I know it's not the norm, and probably those who voted for Brexit would probably raise holy hell about their initial votes not being respected but.....

There seems to be some real controversy here over the whole deal. In fact, I seem to remember some Brits being interviewed shortly after the 1st results came out and frankly some of them seemed surprised at what Brexit really entailed.

It also seems a lot of young Brits, who are just now coming into voting age, reject the whole Brexit idea.

The idea of a 2nd referendum might smack of "we didn't do it right the first time" but.... is it really so bad when so much is at stake?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A second referendum or people vote would be bad.

The people voted and it was up to the government to deliver which they have failed to do miserably.

It was a surprise that Brexit won because nearly everything was in the remainers favour with business, prime minister, chancellor, leaflets, business etc all supporting remain.

Nothing will be gained with a second referendum other than give remainers another chance. There is no guarantee that the remainers will win because the EU have acted like cunts in this.

There are so many shades of Brexit that you will not get a consensus.

Real major screw up the whole thing.

If we leave on a no deal, so be it. I disagree with Labour not working with May by insisting taking no deal off the table.

wankers the lot of them.

Thread Information