Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Brexit Thread

Watching the Tories getting the bumbling buffoon Boris as their leader and our Prime minister is scary.

Boris is saying very little as he is an accident waiting to happen. He will screw up Brexit.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Watching the Tories getting the bumbling buffoon Boris as their leader and our Prime minister is scary.

Boris is saying very little as he is an accident waiting to happen. He will screw up Brexit.
    It is mental isn't it? Like some dystopian nightmare made real. A bloke famous for telling blatant lies, making up quotes, being a bit racist, and fucking up the one cabinet job he ever had is going to win because it the age of celebrity-phone-vote-your-favourite-PM culture

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am just asking a question here as I am just not clued up, but what has Boris done that is racist?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I am just asking a question here as I am just not clued up, but what has Boris done that is racist?
    100% guarantee it's his "letterbox" comment!

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    "Picanninies with their watermelon smiles "...

“The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.”
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

“The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.”

What was the context?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lazy Bastard (:

It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving picaninnies; and one can imagine that Blair, twice victor abroad but enmired at home, is similarly seduced by foreign politeness. They say he is shortly off to the Congo. No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in Watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird.
    Daily Telegraph 10 January 2002
    The problem is not that we were once in charge, but that we are not in charge any more... Consider Uganda, pearl of Africa, as an example of the British record. … the British planted coffee and cotton and tobacco, and they were broadly right... If left to their own devices, the natives would rely on nothing but the instant carbohydrate gratification of the plantain. You never saw a place so abounding in bananas: great green barrel-sized bunches, off to be turned into matooke. Though this dish (basically fried banana) was greatly relished by Idi Amin, the colonists correctly saw that the export market was limited... The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty.
    Discussing his views on Africans and "Instant Carbohydrate Gratification" The Spectator 2 February 2002
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully this quote will be more accurate

"I have as much chance of becoming Prime Minister as of being decapitated by a frisbee or of finding Elvis."
    Ephraim Hardcastle, Daily Mail, 22 July 2003, p. 13.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Yyyyeah gonna say that first one is not the greatest.....

Now the second one....that I believe is up for interpretation. Inartfully phrased of course as Boris is wont to do...but under colonization (horrible as it was) there were SOME mutually beneficial things albeit those didn't outweigh the horrors of say King Leopold II's Belgian Congo...but due to colonization you got Gandhi, economies improved, spread of technologies to help with production and agriculture. Now with China and Russia colonizing Africa we'll see how that goes, I'm going to guess like most things those nations do it'll end poorly and i hate it for the people of that continent.

Africa is quite the quandary for me, what kind of Africa do Africans want to see? What kind of Africa does the world want to see? Do we want to see the future or do we want to see our past? Do we want to move forward or return to past greatness? Will there be more advanced cities or more rural areas and giant preserves of their amazing flora and fauna?

I think Boris is a bit of a bull in a china shop, he's seemingly a funnier British version of Joe Biden just constantly suffering from having his foot firmly placed in his mouth.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well the Tory leadership race is on what a motley bunch Borris bad hair day Johnson is favourite. The Tories answer to Corbyn hell heaven help us two twerps that could be leading this country.☹️

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Well the Tory leadership race is on what a motley bunch Borris bad hair day Johnson is favourite. The Tories answer to Corbyn hell heaven help us two twerps that could be leading this country.☹️
    Boris is awful and the rest were poor. Jeremy Cunt apologised for the cuts which were too deep. The damage is done, too late for the poor souls in health and social care that are affected by his policies.

Bring in Corbyn any day than this bunch. They have gotten away with too much over the past 9 years.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still like Corbyn, but I just hate his party and how soft he is on immigration and how he campaigned for the EU. Plus look at what Labour appears to have been up to in Peterborough. Looks very much like vote rigging. Why would you let a convicted vote rigger be so involved again? Not cool, but we will see how it plays out. My view is there should be another election and much more careful monitoring of the process. Especially the postal ballots as they seem to have a history down there.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not anti Labour but Corbyn is not fit for purpose this affair over Brexit all Politicians of all parties are not fit for purpose.
    This country is a laughing stock over Brexit we had a vote to leave.
    How much BS can people stomach a poor show by the politicians Sham on the lot of them.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not anti Labour but Corbyn is not fit for purpose this affair over Brexit all Politicians of all parties are not fit for purpose.
    How much BS can people stomach a poor show by the politicians Sham on the lot of them.
    Blame the Tories then, they had the vote, they won the election and have not delivered nearly 3 years on. People seem blind to their incompetence and Gove was saying we do not want a Marxist Corbyn Labour party in office.

Compared to his mob, yes I would. It could not be any worse.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Blame the Tories then, they had the vote, they won the election and have not delivered nearly 3 years on. People seem blind to their incompetence and Gove was saying we do not want a Marxist Corbyn Labour party in office.

Compared to his mob, yes I would. It could not be any worse.
    What direction we go is anyone's guess none of the party's have a rock solid agenda.
    Why because none of them can agree on anything!! frankly we are in a mess I can't see a general election solving anything can you.?

Thread Information