Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Brexit Thread

Attached Images
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had to pay for the extortionate fucking TV/phone in hospital too (I didn't haven't an internet-phone device at the time). Cost me hundreds for FIVE terrestrial channels (I would have jumped to death from my ward but didn't have the ability to climb out the window).
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I had to pay for the extortionate fucking TV/phone in hospital too (I didn't haven't an internet-phone device at the time). Cost me hundreds for FIVE terrestrial channels (I would have jumped to death from my ward but didn't have the ability to climb out the window).
    If you had only had 3 or mouthfuls of vitamins and a cup of Ginseng Tea instead of actual food for breakfast you would not have cost the NHS so much by being in there, you selfish bastard.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    If you had only had 3 or mouthfuls of vitamins and a cup of Ginseng Tea instead of actual food for breakfast you would not have cost the NHS so much by being in there, you selfish bastard.
    Hmm. I see what Lucy did there. On ignore but still being a condescending prick. Now would it help everyone's immune system if they drank concentrated Asian Ginseng daily? Then, yes it would. As someone with a herbologist mother who has pioneered cancer research then Lucy migh know something of the health benefits of Asian ginseng. Recommended by a top surgeon to someone I know who fought life and death (healthy ever since) and in turn she recommended it to me. I work with hundreds of young adults each week. Not once did I catch a common cold this spring. Not once. So yes, considering the number of people who seek out a GP because of cold or flu, then Ginseng is indeed an immune system preventative of that and quite possibly things like cancer too. Sickness is not random and once we accept that everything happens for a reason we can start to do something about it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles would have fainted if he witnessed the sheer waste with the absolute piss-take (people using the hospital as a hotel / health tourists), special privileges people can demand depending on what they believe and amount of druggies, drunks and raving lunatics permanently living there. And that was just the adult diabetes ward.
    Last edited by Fenster; 07-13-2019 at 05:21 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Hmm. I see what Lucy did there. On ignore but still being a condescending prick. Now would it help everyone's immune system if they drank concentrated Asian Ginseng daily? Then, yes it would. As someone with a herbologist mother who has pioneered cancer research then Lucy migh know something of the health benefits of Asian ginseng. Recommended by a top surgeon to someone I know who fought life and death (healthy ever since) and in turn she recommended it to me. I work with hundreds of young adults each week. Not once did I catch a common cold this spring. Not once. So yes, considering the number of people who seek out a GP because of cold or flu, then Ginseng is indeed an immune system preventative of that and quite possibly things like cancer too. Sickness is not random and once we accept that everything happens for a reason we can start to do something about it.
    Ginseng is about as common as it gets, I remember it from when I was kid, like all the other herbs, spices and plants, they've always been "miracle" cures.

However, if you're taking it for health benefits then you've already got that mindset, right? Doctors won't tell you something harmless is bad if YOU believe it's good.

You believe Ginseng tea is the reason you didn't catch a cold, however, there's no evidence for that. You are consciously trying to live a healthy life.

From your article - Based on the lack of large-scale clinical trials, it's too soon to recommend ginseng as a treatment for colds. For help in staying cold-free, make sure to wash your hands frequently. A number of lifestyle practices (such as getting sufficient sleep, exercising regularly, and managing your stress) can help rev up your immune system as well.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Ginseng is about as common as it gets, I remember it from when I was kid, like all the other herbs, spices and plants, they've always been "miracle" cures.

However, if you're taking it for health benefits then you've already got that mindset, right? Doctors won't tell you something harmless is bad if YOU believe it's good.

You believe Ginseng tea is the reason you didn't catch a cold, however, there's no evidence for that. You are consciously trying to live a healthy life.

From your article - Based on the lack of large-scale clinical trials, it's too soon to recommend ginseng as a treatment for colds. For help in staying cold-free, make sure to wash your hands frequently. A number of lifestyle practices (such as getting sufficient sleep, exercising regularly, and managing your stress) can help rev up your immune system as well.

There are many types of Ginseng. For instance, I saw it on the shelves of the supermarket back home, but I don't think that would have been particularly effective. The one I use is a highly concentrated form of the Korean Ginseng. Not a miracle cure but something highly resesearched. Like I say actually recommended to someone with bone cancer who did her own research and is doing fine. I have also listened to presentations by experts while on hiring committees. It is very potent and I think that along with my other things has kept me clean. I didn't take it to avoid the common cold which of course I will get sometime this year I am sure, but more for the all round general immune system boost. True, that you need an all round approach to health and it is just one of many things to add.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles would have fainted if he witnessed the sheer waste with the absolute piss-take (people using the hospital as a hotel / health tourists), special privileges people can demand depending on what they believe and amount of druggies, drunks and raving lunatics permanently living there. And that was just the adult diabetes ward.
    I was watching that Theroux doc about people drinking themselves to death and that was an eye opener too. When I used an ambulance one time because I collapsed having done too much too soon I had to pay for the ambulance and all the treatment and it is not as though my national contributions are any less than what they would be in the UK. Everything still costs thus any visit to a doctor or extra treatment costs money even though you pay national insurance. It's not about becoming American like Beanz thinks but people are far more messy today thus budening the system. Seems very wasteful. Until you are willing to help yourself then nobody can really help you.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boris saying a no deal bexit was a 'million to one' chance from happening now to 'touch and go'. Total dick that is in charge, he will force a no deal to go through parliament and then call a general election. Hope it all fails.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

How's everyone feeling Everybody excited for the Brexit?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Boris is a cunt.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Boris is a cunt.
    He may very well be, but here comes the Brexit with him or without him.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just sign here to prorogue parliament, Ma'am ..... and we won't extradite Andrew to New York.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

Just sign here to prorogue parliament, Ma'am ..... and we won't extradite Andrew to New York.

That my friend is fucking funny.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information