Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  142
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 832

Thread: The Brexit Thread

Share/Bookmark
  1. #571
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,301
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1028
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    British culture is massively entwined with Germanic, Gallic, Greek, Roman, Basque heritage and language and Europe is still where much of our food, art, music, business, education and science is shared.
    Does British culture have anything oooooh I don't know BRITISH about it or is it just a hodgepodge of other cultures and therefore unimportant and not worthy of being it's own unique thing? Also does that line of reasoning work for other cultures as well? Is German culture just a mix of everything not German but it's mixed in a specific geopolitical nationstate and therefore it's "German" ditto France and Italy and Belgium and so on?



    And yeah I get the idea you'll think the very question itself being asked is a massive insult and I'm a bigot/racist/xenophobe who has deliberately and shamelessly offended your ancient ancestors for daring to ask the question, so skip all your typical insulting bullshit and just respond to the question or don't respond at all, I'm just attempting to save you from gassing yourself up into not even a rage, but I am seriously not in the mood to read several volumes of epic poems in response.
    Yes British culture does have a lot of things that make it unique. One of those things is the the Anglo-Saxon influence which came here with the Germanic and Scandinavian Angles and Saxons and Jutes you utter plum. They like the Romans and the Normans did not wipe out the native traditions we still have here in an incredibly diverse country. The British Isles, Great Britain, The United Kingdom, the clue is there in the names. You insult this great country every time you refer to Brits as English as though the Welsh and Scots and Northern Irish and even Cornish would not mind. They do mind.

    We are a cultural superpower but our influence in literature would not even exist if it were not for French and Latin. Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Tennyson, Du Maurier, Carroll, Dickens, Austen , Burns, Thomas wrote not only on the local landscapes and figures but on the shoulders of Roman and Greek culture and history. We have been constantly invaded and have sailed the world invading others. That itself is exactly what makes us British and Unique but the European influence from our genealogy to our cultures and even our language itself is the most important by far. To deny that is to not be British bit to be a pale ignorant watered down version of what makes us what we are.

    Neither of you will acknowledge that this nation state bullshit you subscribe to is even vaguely possible. It is farcical and childish. Your own country is a Union. Fucking hell man you cannot lecture us all just because pricks like Peterson and Mcinnes sold you the lie that being British is somehow tied up with not being intimately tied to Europe and that white culture is somehow a unique thing being diluted by acknowledging the undeniable fact that the commonwealth and British Empire worked both ways. From Cricket, Punk and Reggae to folk music, art, literature and cuisine, to be British is to look out and then bring that which is outside in and absorb it.

    You really are a pair of idiots.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,696
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    583
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    British culture is massively entwined with Germanic, Gallic, Greek, Roman, Basque heritage and language and Europe is still where much of our food, art, music, business, education and science is shared.
    Does British culture have anything oooooh I don't know BRITISH about it or is it just a hodgepodge of other cultures and therefore unimportant and not worthy of being it's own unique thing? Also does that line of reasoning work for other cultures as well? Is German culture just a mix of everything not German but it's mixed in a specific geopolitical nationstate and therefore it's "German" ditto France and Italy and Belgium and so on?



    And yeah I get the idea you'll think the very question itself being asked is a massive insult and I'm a bigot/racist/xenophobe who has deliberately and shamelessly offended your ancient ancestors for daring to ask the question, so skip all your typical insulting bullshit and just respond to the question or don't respond at all, I'm just attempting to save you from gassing yourself up into not even a rage, but I am seriously not in the mood to read several volumes of epic poems in response.
    Yes British culture does have a lot of things that make it unique. One of those things is the the Anglo-Saxon influence which came here with the Germanic and Scandinavian Angles and Saxons and Jutes you utter plum. They like the Romans and the Normans did not wipe out the native traditions we still have here in an incredibly diverse country. The British Isles, Great Britain, The United Kingdom, the clue is there in the names. You insult this great country every time you refer to Brits as English as though the Welsh and Scots and Northern Irish and even Cornish would not mind. They do mind.

    We are a cultural superpower but our influence in literature would not even exist if it were not for French and Latin. Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Tennyson, Du Maurier, Carroll, Dickens, Austen , Burns, Thomas wrote not only on the local landscapes and figures but on the shoulders of Roman and Greek culture and history. We have been constantly invaded and have sailed the world invading others. That itself is exactly what makes us British and Unique but the European influence from our genealogy to our cultures and even our language itself is the most important by far. To deny that is to not be British bit to be a pale ignorant watered down version of what makes us what we are.

    Neither of you will acknowledge that this nation state bullshit you subscribe to is even vaguely possible. It is farcical and childish. Your own country is a Union. Fucking hell man you cannot lecture us all just because pricks like Peterson and Mcinnes sold you the lie that being British is somehow tied up with not being intimately tied to Europe and that white culture is somehow a unique thing being diluted by acknowledging the undeniable fact that the commonwealth and British Empire worked both ways. From Cricket, Punk and Reggae to folk music, art, literature and cuisine, to be British is to look out and then bring that which is outside in and absorb it.

    You really are a pair of idiots.
    Why are u saying our country is a union? Are you talking about our states united under the federal government? We actually call ourselves a republic. Not saying you said anything bad just wondering in what context you use that word.

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,301
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1028
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    British culture is massively entwined with Germanic, Gallic, Greek, Roman, Basque heritage and language and Europe is still where much of our food, art, music, business, education and science is shared.
    Does British culture have anything oooooh I don't know BRITISH about it or is it just a hodgepodge of other cultures and therefore unimportant and not worthy of being it's own unique thing? Also does that line of reasoning work for other cultures as well? Is German culture just a mix of everything not German but it's mixed in a specific geopolitical nationstate and therefore it's "German" ditto France and Italy and Belgium and so on?



    And yeah I get the idea you'll think the very question itself being asked is a massive insult and I'm a bigot/racist/xenophobe who has deliberately and shamelessly offended your ancient ancestors for daring to ask the question, so skip all your typical insulting bullshit and just respond to the question or don't respond at all, I'm just attempting to save you from gassing yourself up into not even a rage, but I am seriously not in the mood to read several volumes of epic poems in response.
    Yes British culture does have a lot of things that make it unique. One of those things is the the Anglo-Saxon influence which came here with the Germanic and Scandinavian Angles and Saxons and Jutes you utter plum. They like the Romans and the Normans did not wipe out the native traditions we still have here in an incredibly diverse country. The British Isles, Great Britain, The United Kingdom, the clue is there in the names. You insult this great country every time you refer to Brits as English as though the Welsh and Scots and Northern Irish and even Cornish would not mind. They do mind.

    We are a cultural superpower but our influence in literature would not even exist if it were not for French and Latin. Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Tennyson, Du Maurier, Carroll, Dickens, Austen , Burns, Thomas wrote not only on the local landscapes and figures but on the shoulders of Roman and Greek culture and history. We have been constantly invaded and have sailed the world invading others. That itself is exactly what makes us British and Unique but the European influence from our genealogy to our cultures and even our language itself is the most important by far. To deny that is to not be British bit to be a pale ignorant watered down version of what makes us what we are.

    Neither of you will acknowledge that this nation state bullshit you subscribe to is even vaguely possible. It is farcical and childish. Your own country is a Union. Fucking hell man you cannot lecture us all just because pricks like Peterson and Mcinnes sold you the lie that being British is somehow tied up with not being intimately tied to Europe and that white culture is somehow a unique thing being diluted by acknowledging the undeniable fact that the commonwealth and British Empire worked both ways. From Cricket, Punk and Reggae to folk music, art, literature and cuisine, to be British is to look out and then bring that which is outside in and absorb it.

    You really are a pair of idiots.
    Why are u saying our country is a union? Are you talking about our states united under the federal government? We actually call ourselves a republic. Not saying you said anything bad just wondering in what context you use that word.
    Semantics. The Union defeated the confederacy did it not? Republic then. You are still whippersnappers..fucking get in line. It is so daft. I spend a few days away and come back to be lectured by an American and an Ex-Pat on what it means to be British, have the pair of them fetishizing Nazis and then moaning about it as though I brought them up (they are both obsessed by Fascist obviously) and then superimposing their own weird hangups and negativity onto me.

    You are a country full up with families, dynasties even that came from Britain and Europe and invented everything the world sees as quintessentially American from hotdogs (German) to Pizzas (Japanese),movies (French) Sex ( french and Greek) Boobs ( Italian) shouting ( German) Tartan Golf Trousers ( Cornish/Scots/Irish/Welsh) The star spangled Banner (English tune about a Greek Poet) TV (Russia/UK) Cowboys (Mexico which is basically Spain with better boxers) Budweiser (Czech) Jeans (Bavarian) so it is beyond ridiculous that you would think that Europe is some kind of bogeyman threatening your whiteness
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,696
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    583
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    British culture is massively entwined with Germanic, Gallic, Greek, Roman, Basque heritage and language and Europe is still where much of our food, art, music, business, education and science is shared.
    Does British culture have anything oooooh I don't know BRITISH about it or is it just a hodgepodge of other cultures and therefore unimportant and not worthy of being it's own unique thing? Also does that line of reasoning work for other cultures as well? Is German culture just a mix of everything not German but it's mixed in a specific geopolitical nationstate and therefore it's "German" ditto France and Italy and Belgium and so on?



    And yeah I get the idea you'll think the very question itself being asked is a massive insult and I'm a bigot/racist/xenophobe who has deliberately and shamelessly offended your ancient ancestors for daring to ask the question, so skip all your typical insulting bullshit and just respond to the question or don't respond at all, I'm just attempting to save you from gassing yourself up into not even a rage, but I am seriously not in the mood to read several volumes of epic poems in response.
    Yes British culture does have a lot of things that make it unique. One of those things is the the Anglo-Saxon influence which came here with the Germanic and Scandinavian Angles and Saxons and Jutes you utter plum. They like the Romans and the Normans did not wipe out the native traditions we still have here in an incredibly diverse country. The British Isles, Great Britain, The United Kingdom, the clue is there in the names. You insult this great country every time you refer to Brits as English as though the Welsh and Scots and Northern Irish and even Cornish would not mind. They do mind.

    We are a cultural superpower but our influence in literature would not even exist if it were not for French and Latin. Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Tennyson, Du Maurier, Carroll, Dickens, Austen , Burns, Thomas wrote not only on the local landscapes and figures but on the shoulders of Roman and Greek culture and history. We have been constantly invaded and have sailed the world invading others. That itself is exactly what makes us British and Unique but the European influence from our genealogy to our cultures and even our language itself is the most important by far. To deny that is to not be British bit to be a pale ignorant watered down version of what makes us what we are.

    Neither of you will acknowledge that this nation state bullshit you subscribe to is even vaguely possible. It is farcical and childish. Your own country is a Union. Fucking hell man you cannot lecture us all just because pricks like Peterson and Mcinnes sold you the lie that being British is somehow tied up with not being intimately tied to Europe and that white culture is somehow a unique thing being diluted by acknowledging the undeniable fact that the commonwealth and British Empire worked both ways. From Cricket, Punk and Reggae to folk music, art, literature and cuisine, to be British is to look out and then bring that which is outside in and absorb it.

    You really are a pair of idiots.
    Why are u saying our country is a union? Are you talking about our states united under the federal government? We actually call ourselves a republic. Not saying you said anything bad just wondering in what context you use that word.
    Semantics. The Union defeated the confederacy did it not? Republic then. You are still whippersnappers..fucking get in line. It is so daft. I spend a few days away and come back to be lectured by an American and an Ex-Pat on what it means to be British, have the pair of them fetishizing Nazis and then moaning about it as though I brought them up (they are both obsessed by Fascist obviously) and then superimposing their own weird hangups and negativity onto me.

    You are a country full up with families, dynasties even that came from Britain and Europe and invented everything the world sees as quintessentially American from hotdogs (German) to Pizzas (Japanese),movies (French) Sex ( french and Greek) Boobs ( Italian) shouting ( German) Tartan Golf Trousers ( Cornish/Scots/Irish/Welsh) The star spangled Banner (English tune about a Greek Poet) TV (Russia/UK) Cowboys (Mexico which is basically Spain with better boxers) Budweiser (Czech) Jeans (Bavarian) so it is beyond ridiculous that you would think that Europe is some kind of bogeyman threatening your whiteness
    Damn dude I was just curious what you were saying.

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,677
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2987
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Yes British culture does have a lot of things that make it unique. One of those things is the the Anglo-Saxon influence which came here with the Germanic and Scandinavian Angles and Saxons and Jutes you utter plum. They like the Romans and the Normans did not wipe out the native traditions we still have here in an incredibly diverse country. The British Isles, Great Britain, The United Kingdom, the clue is there in the names. You insult this great country every time you refer to Brits as English as though the Welsh and Scots and Northern Irish and even Cornish would not mind. They do mind.

    We are a cultural superpower but our influence in literature would not even exist if it were not for French and Latin. Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Tennyson, Du Maurier, Carroll, Dickens, Austen , Burns, Thomas wrote not only on the local landscapes and figures but on the shoulders of Roman and Greek culture and history. We have been constantly invaded and have sailed the world invading others. That itself is exactly what makes us British and Unique but the European influence from our genealogy to our cultures and even our language itself is the most important by far. To deny that is to not be British bit to be a pale ignorant watered down version of what makes us what we are.

    Neither of you will acknowledge that this nation state bullshit you subscribe to is even vaguely possible. It is farcical and childish. Your own country is a Union. Fucking hell man you cannot lecture us all just because pricks like Peterson and Mcinnes sold you the lie that being British is somehow tied up with not being intimately tied to Europe and that white culture is somehow a unique thing being diluted by acknowledging the undeniable fact that the commonwealth and British Empire worked both ways. From Cricket, Punk and Reggae to folk music, art, literature and cuisine, to be British is to look out and then bring that which is outside in and absorb it.

    You really are a pair of idiots.
    So still with the insults then...could have been shorter

    From a quick Wikipedia search

    Anglo-Saxons:The Anglo-Saxons were a cultural group who inhabited Great Britain from the 5th century. They comprise people from Germanic tribes who migrated to the island from continental Europe, their descendants, and indigenous British groups who adopted many aspects of Anglo-Saxon culture and language; the cultural foundations laid by the Anglo-Saxons are the foundation of the modern English legal system and of many aspects of English society; the modern English language owes over half its words – including the most common words of everyday speech – to the language of the Anglo-Saxons. Historically, the Anglo-Saxon period denotes the period in Britain between about 450 and 1066, after their initial settlement and up until the Norman conquest.

    ....so they've been in that geopolitical nationstate for quite some time then?

    You're a cultural superpower eh? How does that follow when you are adamant about the whole of British culture being imported from elsewhere. What traditions from the native inhabitants of Britain are left? Druidism?

    Surely all cultures due to trade and wars and rivalries adopt from other cultures, but you just dismiss your cultural superpower status as quickly as you claim it: Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Tennyson, Du Maurier, Carroll, Dickens, Austen , Burns, Thomas wrote not only on the local landscapes and figures but on the shoulders of Roman and Greek culture and history.

    Touting Roman and Greek culture is touting the very start of WESTERN CIVILIZATION and if I were to do that I believe you'd call me a bigot I mean you already would, but you'd really lay it in if I were to say "See, the West is best".

    Europe isn't the United States. The United States is a union of individual states to form 1 geopolitical nation state. A nation state being: a sovereign state whose citizens or subjects are relatively homogeneous in factors such as language or common descent. The individual states within our nation can of course have their own local laws and taxation, but you'd have to understand the history of America in order to understand how our system came to be....the states haven't typically gone to war against each other, bar the one giant time which is certainly up for discussion and debate as to who was in the right and who was in the wrong in how it was handled and I'm not afraid to have my say on it as I've studied up on it quite a bit rather than just believed the dumbed down version of events spoonfed to schoolchildren.

    France and Germany have gone to war with each other several times....that's hardly like Georgia and Tennessee or North and South Carolina or Alabama and Mississippi or New York and New Jersey and so on. England has been bitter rivals of Spain, France, and Germany for ages....a Union of those nations is going to go smoothly? I know a union of those nations has been tried a couple times....how did those go? Oh those were by force and this time it's voluntary oh until it's NOT and then we've got Britain held hostage by the European Union....can I tell you a little tale of secession and how that goes when you're a cash cow for the union? It ain't pretty. But you'll find out. The yellow vests in France are finding out, their own leaders calling in EU forces on them....oh wait wasn't the EU going to NOT have an army and armed forces?

    Is there a secret plan to create an EU army?
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ate-an-eu-army

    No longer able to rely on America’s military leadership, the EU is harmonizing its military capabilities and facilities
    http://www.german-times.com/no-longe...nd-facilities/


    ......well enjoy
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,301
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1028
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread

    You are a fucking idiot . You just posted in defense of your ludicrous scaredy cat claims that the EU is planning an Army an article that finishes with this conclusion


    Pigs will fly before the EU creates an army. European states can barely scrape together the cash to fund their contribution to NATO.

    "An EU army marching out to war under Brussels’ command is a fantasy shared by Eurosceptics and a small number of federalists. Europe will continue down the road of defence cooperation in a halting way, but an EU army is only for armchair generals."


    How many kinds of stoopid can you manage to be in one day?

    It is even funnier coming from you.You fucking love war, beating your moobs chest at any possible opportunity about how you won the worldwith your military might. Britain is not held hostage by Europe, that is a pathetic feeble excuse for being a pansy like your bottle job Prez. The Pessimism from the pair of you is non-stop. I am not a neo-liberal or a globalist like you pairand you can't handle that fact. I love not only my country, but my county , my city , my community. You want the world to reflect you but I am quite happy to co-operate with those with whom i share a common purpose even though they are different. I don't fear people because they were born somewhere else. I don't try to make people be like me in the way that you and your fake pal do.

    The EU for all it's bureaucratic faults has actually not only celebrated but facilitated that in helping to preserve the six other languages native to these islands some of which predate English. You just dumb EVERYTHING down in an attempt to prove how sophisticated you are in ways that are sad and lame. You want to make the world a cartoon at a time when you should be finally growing up.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  7. #577
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,677
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2987
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    You are a fucking idiot . You just posted in defense of your ludicrous scaredy cat claims that the EU is planning an Army an article that finishes with this conclusion


    Pigs will fly before the EU creates an army. European states can barely scrape together the cash to fund their contribution to NATO.

    "An EU army marching out to war under Brussels’ command is a fantasy shared by Eurosceptics and a small number of federalists. Europe will continue down the road of defence cooperation in a halting way, but an EU army is only for armchair generals."


    How many kinds of stoopid can you manage to be in one day?

    It is even funnier coming from you.You fucking love war, beating your moobs chest at any possible opportunity about how you won the worldwith your military might. Britain is not held hostage by Europe, that is a pathetic feeble excuse for being a pansy like your bottle job Prez. The Pessimism from the pair of you is non-stop. I am not a neo-liberal or a globalist like you pairand you can't handle that fact. I love not only my country, but my county , my city , my community. You want the world to reflect you but I am quite happy to co-operate with those with whom i share a common purpose even though they are different. I don't fear people because they were born somewhere else. I don't try to make people be like me in the way that you and your fake pal do.

    The EU for all it's bureaucratic faults has actually not only celebrated but facilitated that in helping to preserve the six other languages native to these islands some of which predate English. You just dumb EVERYTHING down in an attempt to prove how sophisticated you are in ways that are sad and lame. You want to make the world a cartoon at a time when you should be finally growing up.
    Again with the unsolicited vitriol, personal attacks and insults....whatever keeps you happy I guess.

    Well Jean Claude Junker and Angela Merkel....you know, 2 people who don't carry any weight in the EU both called for the creation of such an army. But I mean I don't expect you to believe that it's not as if there's evidence of it, it's just my wild unfounded claims which are totally unsubstantiat.....




    ....ed. Oh I'm sorry you were saying something about that kind of thing never happening ever ever EVER.



    Why what is that on that armored vehicle which is helping crush the yellow vest protests in France? Oh nothing, just an EU flag ....because you know it's not like they have control over certain things

    If Britain isn't held hostage by the EU then why can't they leave the EU? Is it that they CAN leave but they'll be punished for leaving is that it? Because that sounds healthy.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,172
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1669
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    So a no deal brexit is not the end of the process only the start of the negotiations which may take years.
    Not may. No way it happens under three years. Imagine the economic carnage of no deal for over three years. Hundreds of billion pounds worth of trade with the EU, millions of jobs dependent on it, millions of other jobs dependent on the milliond of EU jobs pumping that money into the economy...........

    And then any deal would have to be ratified by every EU parliament. Greece want the Elgin marbles back? Spain and Gibraltar? The fucking French? Imagine the state of any deal after everybody gets paid.


  9. #579
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,301
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1028
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread

    It is hardly unsolicited or vitriol it is a fact that you have so much hostility toward Europe and my family you think nothing of comparing the EU and ordinary German people to Hitler and the Nazis. It seems like an obsession for you.

    I am not like you and Gandalf. I am not interested in playing identity politics or subscribing to your very media led view of a world thousands of miles away from you. I do not speak from a place of ignorance. The Gilet Jaunes are a very interesting case in point that you are completely misunderstanding in your rush to claim something that is protesting the very neoliberal values you subscribe to. Those protests are not about the left or the right but they are about protesting the disgusting wealth inequality you venerate. You and Gandalf have way more in common in your aspirations with Macron and his gold desk than you ever will with the Yellow Vests.

    You will believe what you want to believe because your entire outlook is based on fear and negativity fueled by angry little ex pats who surround themselves with sycophants in order to avoid growing up. If their videos are what you gorge on and that is true of both you and Gandalf then no wonder your fantasy belief system is so skewed. I am not a huge EU fan however you have tried to spin it but I am a realist and a pragmatist. I also do not share your xenophobia.

    So while you both froth at the mouth I am grateful that in the real world I have a yellow jacket under my car seat for when we go just across the water and visit France. A country that thanks to the EU is treating my Mrs Dad in a French hospital today.


    At no cost thanks to a principle and model of healthcare that you would see destroyed in order to maximise profits for American companies. You do not act like our friends. Under Trump you are the kind of country we should be fearing way, way more then Europe or the EU. Your track record is appalling.


    That does not mean i subscribe to a lot of the bureaucratic nonsense or the MIC upon which your own precious ultra capitalist hell depends in order to forever sustain profits, but it does mean that i can see that for the most part the good outweighs the bad. You are lecturing me from a country that has fucked over half the world in order to maintain a system you keep telling us is amazing as though you really give a fuck about Britain, a country you want to see smashed into a fuzzy play dough model of your own.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,677
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2987
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    It is hardly unsolicited or vitriol it is a fact that you have so much hostility toward Europe and my family you think nothing of comparing the EU and ordinary German people to Hitler and the Nazis. It seems like an obsession for you.
    I don't have hostility toward Europe I have hostility toward the EU....they aren't the same thing. Neither the EU leaders nor Angela Merkel are "ordinary German person(s)". I haven't mentioned your family directly at all, but man they sure do seem to get around.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I am not like you and Gandalf. I am not interested in playing identity politics or subscribing to your very media led view of a world thousands of miles away from you. I do not speak from a place of ignorance. The Gilet Jaunes are a very interesting case in point that you are completely misunderstanding in your rush to claim something that is protesting the very neoliberal values you subscribe to. Those protests are not about the left or the right but they are about protesting the disgusting wealth inequality you venerate. You and Gandalf have way more in common in your aspirations with Macron and his gold desk than you ever will with the Yellow Vests.
    Agreed, you aren't like me in the slightest, nor are you like Gandalf and why you decided to name drop him here . You don't play identity politics? Then why keep calling me a bigot and a xenophobe and racist? How exactly am I misunderstanding the Gilet Jaunes? I guess the armored vehicle with the EU flag on it utilized to quell their protests was only trying to help them. I don't care for Macron at all. I didn't mind Sarkozy as much, but even he was a bit cozy with Obama whom I don't trust for various reasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    You will believe what you want to believe because your entire outlook is based on fear and negativity fueled by angry little ex pats who surround themselves with sycophants in order to avoid growing up. If their videos are what you gorge on and that is true of both you and Gandalf then no wonder your fantasy belief system is so skewed. I am not a huge EU fan however you have tried to spin it but I am a realist and a pragmatist. I also do not share your xenophobia.
    Again you bring up Gandalf which will only have him responding to these posts and wondering what the fuck is happening, but I suppose you know what you're doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    So while you both froth at the mouth I am grateful that in the real world I have a yellow jacket under my car seat for when we go just across the water and visit France. A country that thanks to the EU is treating my Mrs Dad in a French hospital today.
    Oh so you're a poser and why would her Dad go to France for treatment? Isn't the NHS totally tits and everyone should want to replicate it? That family, boy do they ever get around

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    At no cost thanks to a principle and model of healthcare that you would see destroyed in order to maximise profits for American companies. You do not act like our friends. Under Trump you are the kind of country we should be fearing way, way more then Europe or the EU. Your track record is appalling.
    Yeah that "no cost healthcare model" doesn't really jive with the "Bring all the 'refugees' in model of immigration". Our track record like....ending the Korean War, not getting involved more in Syria? But hey it's ok I mean it's not like your nation attempted to aid and abet plotters to take out Trump....oh wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    That does not mean i subscribe to a lot of the bureaucratic nonsense or the MIC upon which your own precious ultra capitalist hell depends in order to forever sustain profits, but it does mean that i can see that for the most part the good outweighs the bad. You are lecturing me from a country that has fucked over half the world in order to maintain a system you keep telling us is amazing as though you really give a fuck about Britain, a country you want to see smashed into a fuzzy play dough model of your own.
    If that's what you get from what I post then I guess you either are viewing it from a skewed perspective or misunderstanding what I'm posting.


    Good chat.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,677
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2987
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    And then any deal would have to be ratified by every EU parliament.
    MMMMMMMMM.... do I smell Democracy?
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  12. #582
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,696
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    583
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    British culture is massively entwined with Germanic, Gallic, Greek, Roman, Basque heritage and language and Europe is still where much of our food, art, music, business, education and science is shared.
    Does British culture have anything oooooh I don't know BRITISH about it or is it just a hodgepodge of other cultures and therefore unimportant and not worthy of being it's own unique thing? Also does that line of reasoning work for other cultures as well? Is German culture just a mix of everything not German but it's mixed in a specific geopolitical nationstate and therefore it's "German" ditto France and Italy and Belgium and so on?



    And yeah I get the idea you'll think the very question itself being asked is a massive insult and I'm a bigot/racist/xenophobe who has deliberately and shamelessly offended your ancient ancestors for daring to ask the question, so skip all your typical insulting bullshit and just respond to the question or don't respond at all, I'm just attempting to save you from gassing yourself up into not even a rage, but I am seriously not in the mood to read several volumes of epic poems in response.
    Yes British culture does have a lot of things that make it unique. One of those things is the the Anglo-Saxon influence which came here with the Germanic and Scandinavian Angles and Saxons and Jutes you utter plum. They like the Romans and the Normans did not wipe out the native traditions we still have here in an incredibly diverse country. The British Isles, Great Britain, The United Kingdom, the clue is there in the names. You insult this great country every time you refer to Brits as English as though the Welsh and Scots and Northern Irish and even Cornish would not mind. They do mind.

    We are a cultural superpower but our influence in literature would not even exist if it were not for French and Latin. Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Tennyson, Du Maurier, Carroll, Dickens, Austen , Burns, Thomas wrote not only on the local landscapes and figures but on the shoulders of Roman and Greek culture and history. We have been constantly invaded and have sailed the world invading others. That itself is exactly what makes us British and Unique but the European influence from our genealogy to our cultures and even our language itself is the most important by far. To deny that is to not be British bit to be a pale ignorant watered down version of what makes us what we are.

    Neither of you will acknowledge that this nation state bullshit you subscribe to is even vaguely possible. It is farcical and childish. Your own country is a Union. Fucking hell man you cannot lecture us all just because pricks like Peterson and Mcinnes sold you the lie that being British is somehow tied up with not being intimately tied to Europe and that white culture is somehow a unique thing being diluted by acknowledging the undeniable fact that the commonwealth and British Empire worked both ways. From Cricket, Punk and Reggae to folk music, art, literature and cuisine, to be British is to look out and then bring that which is outside in and absorb it.

    You really are a pair of idiots.
    Why are u saying our country is a union? Are you talking about our states united under the federal government? We actually call ourselves a republic. Not saying you said anything bad just wondering in what context you use that word.
    Semantics. The Union defeated the confederacy did it not? Republic then. You are still whippersnappers..fucking get in line. It is so daft. I spend a few days away and come back to be lectured by an American and an Ex-Pat on what it means to be British, have the pair of them fetishizing Nazis and then moaning about it as though I brought them up (they are both obsessed by Fascist obviously) and then superimposing their own weird hangups and negativity onto me.

    You are a country full up with families, dynasties even that came from Britain and Europe and invented everything the world sees as quintessentially American from hotdogs (German) to Pizzas (Japanese),movies (French) Sex ( french and Greek) Boobs ( Italian) shouting ( German) Tartan Golf Trousers ( Cornish/Scots/Irish/Welsh) The star spangled Banner (English tune about a Greek Poet) TV (Russia/UK) Cowboys (Mexico which is basically Spain with better boxers) Budweiser (Czech) Jeans (Bavarian) so it is beyond ridiculous that you would think that Europe is some kind of bogeyman threatening your whiteness
    Damn dude I was just curious what you were saying.
    See how bean flips when I merely ask him a question. And then he says shit like “walrus never debates”etc. now you see why I don’t get into it with beaner. One fucking question and the dude spits fire out of his nostrils.

  13. #583
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,301
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1028
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread

    It is the law in France to have a yellow vest in your car in case of breakdown you dullard . It is not posing it is something you do when France is not some abstract notion that you cry about.That is why the protesters wear them to protest about the poor being targeted by YOUR people. Just like when YOUR people implement a no deal Brexit the huge price increases in food will disproportionately affect the poor. Including the working poor that you and your pal Gandalf have attacked non stop while you regurgitate the crap the mainstream media tell you to, whilst ignoring the actual opinion of Brits that contradict those lies. And the Mrs Dad is in France because it is cheaper for pensioners to live there then here for much of the year, and he was taken ill while living there. He did not go there for treatment he was already there and a reciprocal agreement in place kept him safe. I get how you don't want hear anything positive or to learn anything about Europe or Britain because you know it all. You think it is weird to travel to countries on your doorstep precisely because you seem to be a confirmed racist and bigot.

    Many of the refugees there are in the world are there because your country and my country bombed the shit out of them or sold the weapons that bombed the shit out of them. They are not the main users of the NHS. The NHS is staffed by many immigrants and always has been. You may be disgusted by that just like your economic migrant pal in SK but I am not ashamed of that I am proud of it. I am not a naive apologist like you and NO i do not play identity politics that is why you get so frustrated. You invent a position for me to inhabit because your own outlook is so narrow that is how you see the world. Fuck me I feel sorry for you.

    To be honest why would any Brit give a flying fuck what YOU think about Brexit and the EU? Some American bloke in a call centre who thinks he has the answers to the UK's woes
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  14. #584
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,301
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1028
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    British culture is massively entwined with Germanic, Gallic, Greek, Roman, Basque heritage and language and Europe is still where much of our food, art, music, business, education and science is shared.
    Does British culture have anything oooooh I don't know BRITISH about it or is it just a hodgepodge of other cultures and therefore unimportant and not worthy of being it's own unique thing? Also does that line of reasoning work for other cultures as well? Is German culture just a mix of everything not German but it's mixed in a specific geopolitical nationstate and therefore it's "German" ditto France and Italy and Belgium and so on?



    And yeah I get the idea you'll think the very question itself being asked is a massive insult and I'm a bigot/racist/xenophobe who has deliberately and shamelessly offended your ancient ancestors for daring to ask the question, so skip all your typical insulting bullshit and just respond to the question or don't respond at all, I'm just attempting to save you from gassing yourself up into not even a rage, but I am seriously not in the mood to read several volumes of epic poems in response.
    Yes British culture does have a lot of things that make it unique. One of those things is the the Anglo-Saxon influence which came here with the Germanic and Scandinavian Angles and Saxons and Jutes you utter plum. They like the Romans and the Normans did not wipe out the native traditions we still have here in an incredibly diverse country. The British Isles, Great Britain, The United Kingdom, the clue is there in the names. You insult this great country every time you refer to Brits as English as though the Welsh and Scots and Northern Irish and even Cornish would not mind. They do mind.

    We are a cultural superpower but our influence in literature would not even exist if it were not for French and Latin. Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Tennyson, Du Maurier, Carroll, Dickens, Austen , Burns, Thomas wrote not only on the local landscapes and figures but on the shoulders of Roman and Greek culture and history. We have been constantly invaded and have sailed the world invading others. That itself is exactly what makes us British and Unique but the European influence from our genealogy to our cultures and even our language itself is the most important by far. To deny that is to not be British bit to be a pale ignorant watered down version of what makes us what we are.

    Neither of you will acknowledge that this nation state bullshit you subscribe to is even vaguely possible. It is farcical and childish. Your own country is a Union. Fucking hell man you cannot lecture us all just because pricks like Peterson and Mcinnes sold you the lie that being British is somehow tied up with not being intimately tied to Europe and that white culture is somehow a unique thing being diluted by acknowledging the undeniable fact that the commonwealth and British Empire worked both ways. From Cricket, Punk and Reggae to folk music, art, literature and cuisine, to be British is to look out and then bring that which is outside in and absorb it.

    You really are a pair of idiots.
    Why are u saying our country is a union? Are you talking about our states united under the federal government? We actually call ourselves a republic. Not saying you said anything bad just wondering in what context you use that word.
    Semantics. The Union defeated the confederacy did it not? Republic then. You are still whippersnappers..fucking get in line. It is so daft. I spend a few days away and come back to be lectured by an American and an Ex-Pat on what it means to be British, have the pair of them fetishizing Nazis and then moaning about it as though I brought them up (they are both obsessed by Fascist obviously) and then superimposing their own weird hangups and negativity onto me.

    You are a country full up with families, dynasties even that came from Britain and Europe and invented everything the world sees as quintessentially American from hotdogs (German) to Pizzas (Japanese),movies (French) Sex ( french and Greek) Boobs ( Italian) shouting ( German) Tartan Golf Trousers ( Cornish/Scots/Irish/Welsh) The star spangled Banner (English tune about a Greek Poet) TV (Russia/UK) Cowboys (Mexico which is basically Spain with better boxers) Budweiser (Czech) Jeans (Bavarian) so it is beyond ridiculous that you would think that Europe is some kind of bogeyman threatening your whiteness
    Damn dude I was just curious what you were saying.
    See how bean flips when I merely ask him a question. And then he says shit like “walrus never debates”etc. now you see why I don’t get into it with beaner. One fucking question and the dude spits fire out of his nostrils.
    Spits fire?

    Don't be such a baby. You have absolutely no sense of humor do you? You and El Kabong and Gandalf are all younger than me but you drone on like old men in your slippers going on about the fucking Beatles and watches and going out for Coffee once a month when you are not on your periods.

    You Guys x
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  15. #585
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,301
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1028
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: The Brexit Thread




    Attached Images
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Brexit ain't gonna happen...
    By ruthless rocco in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-05-2016, 05:13 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-02-2016, 06:22 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2016, 10:47 AM
  4. Replies: 130
    Last Post: 06-25-2016, 11:43 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 08:12 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing