Likes Likes:  174
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Brexit Thread

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: The Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It was obvious Obama was backing his friend Cameron on the Brexit campaign.

I do not think it helped and may have hindered the Remain vote for some. Ultimately it ended the then Prime Minister and good riddance.
    Well it's awfully hypocritical of Obama "Mr. We can't have other nations meddling in our elections"...and that ain't the only time he did that. He attempted to get Bibi Netanyahu ousted as PM of Israel, he got really stuck in over in the Middle East during the "Arab Spring" with the great omission of Iran (gee I wonder why )

Cameron who was by no means a beloved political figure in England already really stepped in it by attempting to thwart the will of the people and undermine their legal and binding Brexit vote.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

I do not think it helped and may have hindered the Remain vote for some. Ultimately it ended the then Prime Minister and good riddance.
    Well it's awfully hypocritical of Obama "Mr. We can't have other nations meddling in our elections"...and that ain't the only time he did that. He attempted to get Bibi Netanyahu ousted as PM of Israel, he got really stuck in over in the Middle East during the "Arab Spring" with the great omission of Iran (gee I wonder why )

Cameron who was by no means a beloved political figure in England already really stepped in it by attempting to thwart the will of the people and undermine their legal and binding Brexit vote.
    Cameron was desperate and asked for his mates help. It did not work and I said at the time Obama should stay out of it. Cameron crashed and burned trying to keep us in. Boris is the one that really hurt him the worst.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cameron was desperate and asked for his mates help. It did not work and I said at the time Obama should stay out of it. Cameron crashed and burned trying to keep us in. Boris is the one that really hurt him the worst.
    I agree master. I find this Russia shit very hypocritical. The US has been meddling in countries elections for years. The media and democrats know this. I’m not saying Russia gets a free pass but you gotta look at everything.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

I agree master. I find this Russia shit very hypocritical. The US has been meddling in countries elections for years. The media and democrats know this. I’m not saying Russia gets a free pass but you gotta look at everything.
    Now now @walrus, we Americans must mind our manners here and make absolutely certain that we are seen and not heard

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Now now @walrus, we Americans must mind our manners here and make absolutely certain that we are seen and not heard
    U r certainly correct el kabonger but I should have pointed out all western countries pull this shit. England has proved to be the best at it throughout history been we do our best.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no Brexit. It is a pantomime.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    There is no Brexit. It is a pantomime.

Oooooh boy...Cameron and May at the start of this did not age well....England are being led by lying liars.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well done @El Kabong, I haven't seen this, Sargon of Akkad is brilliant, I always watch his videos

Completely off topic but have you ever seen this? you can see the bloke literally fucking crumble live on stage

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was interesting, basically May is bending over and saying take me Europe any way you want.

Not good and was expecting a better deal. No wonder the Brexiteers are leaving one by one.

El Kabong Guest

That was interesting, basically May is bending over and saying take me Europe any way you want.

Not good and was expecting a better deal. No wonder the Brexiteers are leaving one by one.
    Not only that, but Cameron had stacked the deck BEFORE Brexit was even voted on, he tried his damnedest to sway voters to choose Remain...even going so far as to tell then President Obama in so many words 'Put England in the back of the queue old chap. Tell us how we will be corrected like the bad nation we are if we vote Brexit!'

From my perspective as an American but also as someone who follows politics....I would imagine that anyone and everyone would be upset about how this has been handled. On one hand you've got the Brexit folks who obviously got the numbers out to vote and "won" the referendum and now the politicians are saying "Ummm yyyyyeah so you voted for Brexit, BUT you didn't say what TYPE of Brexit and so we the RULING CLASS will dictate those terms to you peons and we'll slow walk it"....then you've got the Remainers of whom I'd imagine a few would be looking at this and saying to themselves "Well fuck, if we won the referendum and the RULING CLASS up and changed their minds and said 'Nah we're doing Brexit regardless of what you think' then we'd be upset as well"

The ruling class isn't abiding by their own rules, they said "This will be the 1 and only Brexit vote, if enough people vote Brexit then we'll leave the EU no ifs ands or buts" and they are doing exactly NOT that. I know politicians lie and all, but to lie is one thing, to undermine the VOTE, to not listen to the voice of the people......it's a travesty and I must say, yall are really handling yourselves with some class because if something similar was to happen in America it would be not pretty at all I'm talking armed revolt, tarring and feathering, pitchforks and torches kind of shit.

The faith in government altogether must be a bit shaken right now. Who decided that this was going to be a good idea? No matter how you voted, to see the government blatantly ignore the vote has to be unnerving. I am sincerely wishing the best for you guys, I don't think anything too horrible is going to happen, but you do start wondering "Why"...."Why won't they honor the vote?"....methinks there's a patina of wanting to save the EU (which without England is pretty fucked and others will be joining suit) but there's something more sinister bubbling under the surface IMO.

El Kabong Guest

Brexit poll: voters turn to far right, Boris Johnson — and Remain
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...main-sh5n8vchq
    Theresa May is facing an unprecedented political crisis, according to a new poll that reveals voters are implacably opposed to her Brexit plan and are prepared to turn to Ukip or parties of the far right.

In a survey that will spark unease in Downing Street, the YouGov poll found that the public believes Boris Johnson, the former foreign secretary, is better placed to negotiate with Brussels and lead the Conservatives into the next election.

It highlights how voters are polarising, with growing numbers alienated from the two main parties. About 38% would vote for a new party on the right that was committed to Brexit, while 24% are prepared to support an explicitly far-right anti-immigrant, anti-Islam party.

Well this should give UKIP an opportunity to grow.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If there was a proper Brexit there would be no need for a UKIP so May must have devised a poor deal. This has been a total waste of 2 years negotiating with Europe.

El Kabong Guest

If there was a proper Brexit there would be no need for a UKIP so May must have devised a poor deal. This has been a total waste of 2 years negotiating with Europe.
    May was handed all the political ammo she needed to get a Brexit deal done, but apparently that's not what she wants and she was a Remainer anyway ergo the massive distrust of her.

Theresa May is going to ruin the Tories....can't say it's much of a loss though.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

May was handed all the political ammo she needed to get a Brexit deal done, but apparently that's not what she wants and she was a Remainer anyway ergo the massive distrust of her.

Theresa May is going to ruin the Tories....can't say it's much of a loss though.
    Worst thing is Labour should be massively ahead in the polls but are bickering themselves about Brexit and anti-Semitism in their party. Really letting people down with no effective opposition.

Thread Information