Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Brexit Thread

I think Brexit in the US would be akin to America trading with South America but learning over time that actually the Southern American nations had complete freedom to go to prosperous America and Americans did of course not go south as nobody speaks Spanish well or wants to live in Ecuador. And those other nations were dictating US laws too! My word, what was this?

Over time people saw what had happened and had a vote. They said 'No more. This is America!' But the Democrats called them all racist and stupid and so when an election came along the working classes all voted Republican even if they had never voted Republican before. The new experiment came to an end.

Americans saw their wages go up and a better time was had for all with less job competition.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Oy vey . Saddo is likely just taking a well deserved break from all of us Muppets. Life does blossom off of keyboards once in a while. Last few pages of this one are inspirational that way . Honestly I couldn't tell you the first thing about Brexit as we have our own circus atmosphere with 24/7 coverage. Welcome back Walrus.
    Thanks spics

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

During a global pandemic and unprecedented international protests in support of the Black Lives Matter movement, one Tory MP decided to ask whether or not his dogs can travel to France after Brexit.

Bob Stewart – who voted to leave the European Union during the 2016 referendum and previously said “I believe the decision to leave the European Union was right” – stood up in the House of Commons on Tuesday to ask Michael Gove:

Our two French-speaking dogs cross the Channel several times a year... on a pet passport.
    And on their behalf, and on behalf of all other dog owners that take their labradors... on behalf of all pet owners who take their dogs abroad on a pet passport, can I ask... if there will be similar arrangements after December 31?
    Without skipping a beat, Gove got up from his seat and responded:

Yes, I completely sympathise with my Honourable friend and many, many other responsible pet owners.
    In my previous role as Secretary of State for the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, we made sure that we worked on arrangements in order to ensure that travellers could take their pets abroad when they are visiting the European Union and vice versa.
    Speaking in French, Gove added:

We always defend the rights of dogs.

https://www.indy100.com/article/mich...-xS60zyrDSn0s8
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m not sure I can see how the graph is showing the trading collapsing as a ‘direct result of Brexit’? It looks like a Financial Times graph purely showing a massive drop in share trading, along with a big rise in the Netherlands and smaller rises elsewhere? Surely the causality is not being shown in any way by the data presented?

Is London still not hugely pissing over Paris, Frankfurt and Milan? If Brexit was the single common contributor, wouldn’t those cities also possibly benefit by a similar degree as Amsterdam?

Plus, the total of London’s loss is much smaller than the total of the gains in the European cities, so it can’t be so simple as saying that the share trading has simply moved from one place to another, there must be additional factors in play - no clue what they might be of course, and the graph doesn’t contain that answer.

Unkess I’m missing something, of course!

Anyway, my heart is weeping at the thought of all those poor destitute London share traders who haven’t been able to trade as many shares as usual.

This is all bollocks anyway, as I looked on Social media, and London’s Facebook page has 7.2m shares while Amsterdam’s only has 3.6m shares. Even if they swapped all those shares, it wouldn’t equate to the numbers in the graphs. FAKE NEWS.

How do you know those shares even exist? Prove it to me and change my mind. Instead, we all listen to the mainstream media and cower in our bank vaults like cowards while the Illuminati sell pizzas to make us all infertile.

I think we should be focusing on much more salient and important issues .... what about the British trucker who had his ham sandwich confiscated? That is an outrage and much easier for people to understand and get pissy about. They didn’t complain about our ham sandwiches in 1945 did they, eh? Eh? When our brave ham guzzling boys were laying down their lives to defend and liberate them from the vegetarian tyranny of Hitler.

Where was their precious EU then? How come people weren’t protesting in the streets and posting memes on Instagram to say that German sausages were getting preferential treatment over French saucisson? And they dare to take the porcine filling away from a hard working and rotund British lorry driver! What about all the drivers at Normandy and Dieppe? Remember El Alamein!

Our Brexit bus was eco-friendly, and powered by natural unicorn and angel farts. Any European bulldozer that you mention would be a gas-guzzling monstrosity (at least it would have more forward gears and less reverse gears than their tanks). In any case, I am sure we would have banned any EU bulldozer in a tit for tat reprisal about their pork based discrimination and hate speech.

I for one am sick and tired of all the naysayers and doom mongers who complain and moan all the time. Where is our stiff upper lip? I bet they didn’t complain like this during the Blitz, when you could leave your front door open, housewives always scrubbed their doorsteps and the Kray twins only killed their own. You always knew your neighbour, and at least you could walk down the street in safety. Apart from the bombs of course.

Last edited by X; 02-16-2021 at 02:09 AM.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't punching people with different or opposing views, a fascist act?
    Isn't punching people with opposing views the very thing you accuse intolerant people of doing?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Isn't punching people with opposing views the very thing you accuse intolerant people of doing?
    No.

Of course not.

Far Right Authoritarian Ultra Nationalism is not the same thing as opposing it.

Why are you so intent on standing up for fascists and racists and trying to police the language of everyone on the forum?

There are clear racist, antagonistic and insulting posts, signatures and gas lighting bastards here but you seem happy to ignore them, ingratiate yourself with those posting them and pick me out as an easy target.

Its a fucking meme. You want to ignore context and 100% of the time choose the far right side of lines drawn in the sand then you go on and stand by but I am not getting on that bus.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    No.

Of course not.

Far Right Authoritarian Ultra Nationalism is not the same thing as opposing it.

Why are you so intent on standing up for fascists and racists and trying to police the language of everyone on the forum?

There are clear racist, antagonistic and insulting posts, signatures and gas lighting bastards here but you seem happy to ignore them, ingratiate yourself with those posting them and pick me out as an easy target.

Its a fucking meme. You want to ignore context and 100% of the time choose the far right side of lines drawn in the sand then you go on and stand by but I am not getting on that bus.
    It's a meme but words matter

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Punching Nigel Farage is not right

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody is targeting anybody

Who is gaslighting someone?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well done

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is wrong with it? List your Top 3 Wrong Things about the UK being at the bottom right there.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is wrong with it? List your Top 3 Wrong Things about the UK being at the bottom right there.

It is an indication of how the selfish and nasty tax dodging one percent are willing to sacrifice the freedom of everyone else in the UK to enrich themselves further and kill off the UK grown economy. We have moved from being a decent customer and partner with a huge market on our doorstep to becoming an insular red tape tariff driven nightmare.

Isolationist and spiteful. Already the results are horrendous.

Imagine having your right to travel, work, educate yourself and live in 27 countries removed in order to satisfy the rampant xenophobia of a populace promised something that will never materialise by the most corrupt government in UK history.

You would not understand because you are too ideologically hitched to the fantasy sold to you by apologists for the monsters in power right now.

Those are all countries that will have numerous advantages over us, including unfettered access to our biggest market, because people who you are forever lauding and making apologies for, mistake kindness for weakness, solidarity and common interest for vapidity and want a return to an age in which entire communities are cancelled and we are dragged back to a bleaker and more beige hate filled country boasting about it's own stupidity as though that were an asset.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

It is an indication of how the selfish and nasty tax dodging one percent are willing to sacrifice the freedom of everyone else in the UK to enrich themselves further and kill off the UK grown economy. We have moved from being a decent customer and partner with a huge market on our doorstep to becoming an insular red tape tariff driven nightmare.

Isolationist and spiteful. Already the results are horrendous.

Imagine having your right to travel, work, educate yourself and live in 27 countries removed in order to satisfy the rampant xenophobia of a populace promised something that will never materialise by the most corrupt government in UK history.

You would not understand because you are too ideologically hitched to the fantasy sold to you by apologists for the monsters in power right now.

Those are all countries that will have numerous advantages over us, including unfettered access to our biggest market, because people who you are forever lauding and making apologies for, mistake kindness for weakness, solidarity and common interest for vapidity and want a return to an age in which entire communities are cancelled and we are dragged back to a bleaker and more beige hate filled country boasting about it's own stupidity as though that were an asset.
    I agree that the 1% should not be allowed to sacrifice the working men and women for their own greed;

I dont know what you mean by spiteful; and isolationist may just be your derogatory word for nationalist?;

How is your right to work and travel and educate yourself removed? Are you making the wild claim that you, a UK citizen, can no longer travel to the EU to travel or educate yourself? Why do I not believe that? Now perhaps you must go thru an extra step or 2 for a visa or some such thing, and I agree that inconvenience does suck, but dont exaggerate it as if you all are now barred from traveling to the EU.

I asked a simple question, for your Top 3 which you have given, but it wasnt enough for you to stop there and just have a Q & A

Thread Information