I may have posted once on this thread, as it is basically a UK issue, and I'm neither too knowledgeable about it, or directly affected by it.

But it's a serious enough issue that it transcends the UK and into the global picture (or at least the European one).

To my limited knowledge, the reasons for the idea of Brexit were mainly reasons of sovereignty and concerns about immigration. Probably more reasons... but those seem like the main ones. By all accounts, the UK's economy has suffered a bit since Brexit took effect, which is now probably causing some second-guessing by those who actually voted. I don't know.

Although not the same thing, I am aware of similar sentiments in the U.S., where a significant portion of people in some States favor secession from the Union. Not sure that will ever happen... but it would have humongous ramifications if it did.

Point is... whenever you have huge variations of peoples and cultures under one central government/ regulatory body... you're gonna have resentments.