Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Brexit Thread

Yes, with no FPTP you would see the collapse of the 2 monopoly parties very quickly in todays climate. You make the people mad and they become unpredictable. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Yes, with no FPTP you would see the collapse of the 2 monopoly parties very quickly in todays climate. You make the people mad and they become unpredictable. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.
    The First Past The Post system is the best system as you get a stable and secure government any PR system leads to weak and smaller/extreme parties holding too much power.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    The First Past The Post system is the best system as you get a stable and secure government any PR system leads to weak and smaller/extreme parties holding too much power.
    But they would resist this more ably by coalition.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The last coalition government was a disaster and the Lib Dem took the blame and got roasted at the general election.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The last coalition government was a disaster and the Lib Dem took the blame and got roasted at the general election.
    The same could happen with PR. You do fine and you stay. You screw up and you are out. FPTP automatically discounts many votes in somewhat 'safe' seats. You end up with a crazy situation where UKIP had millions of votes but little representation. It is unfair and every vote should matter.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tories 11 million
    Labour 9 million
    UKIP nearly 4 million

Yet....

Tories 306 seats
    Labour 258 seats
    UKIP 1 seat

People happy with that don't have much respect for democracy IMO.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UKIP is if was a Brit, my choice.!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    UKIP is if was a Brit, my choice.!
    Why not the Brexit party?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Awful British Politicians and their Dr Who counterparts from Sarah Dempsters Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dempster2000/sta...57065762856961

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Awful British Politicians and their Dr Who counterparts from Sarah Dempsters Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dempster2000/sta...57065762856961

Why do I even bother posting when this kind of gold is being posted? Wow, surely being compared to Dr. Who characters will end the political support of these absolute despots....they won't be able to show their faces in public again, unless it's at some sort of comic con and there are Dr Who fans there to appreciate the villains showing up.

Dude, classic post

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also no disrespect or anything Tittyfan but advice on civil behaviour from a guy who went to the trouble of Googling a local road bridge, and popular suicide spot, and suggested not only that I throw myself off it, but also asked that I film or photograph the final act, doesn't deserve to be read anyway.

You guys have got away with way too much for way too long. No more big padded gloves from me I am afraid.

Yes, because you were using those "big padded gloves" before, right? I'm afraid you have me confused with someone who actually falls for your double standards, exaggerations, and blatant lies.

Oh and by the way, since you'll be using that "bridge thing" for the next 20 years.........

Are you an impressionable, gullible, on-the-edge, suicidal teenage kid who all he needs is a slight nudge to take the leap? No, right? You're a mature grandfather (albeit a very combative one), with what you describe as a fulfilling life and job.
    So why the theatrics? Really bro..... between you and me. Don't make this about you against any fucking "gang." Man up and see individuals for what they are.

Had you been someone prone to suicidal thoughts and proven so on the forum, rest assured you wouldn't have gotten that post from me.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Also no disrespect or anything Tittyfan but advice on civil behaviour from a guy who went to the trouble of Googling a local road bridge, and popular suicide spot, and suggested not only that I throw myself off it, but also asked that I film or photograph the final act, doesn't deserve to be read anyway.

You guys have got away with way too much for way too long. No more big padded gloves from me I am afraid.

Yes, because you were using those "big padded gloves" before, right? I'm afraid you have me confused with someone who actually falls for your double standards, exaggerations, and blatant lies.

Oh and by the way, since you'll be using that "bridge thing" for the next 20 years.........

Are you an impressionable, gullible, on-the-edge, suicidal teenage kid who all he needs is a slight nudge to take the leap? No, right? You're a mature grandfather (albeit a very combative one), with what you describe as a fulfilling life and job.
    So why the theatrics? Really bro..... between you and me. Don't make this about you against any fucking "gang." Man up and see individuals for what they are.

Had you been someone prone to suicidal thoughts and proven so on the forum, rest assured you wouldn't have gotten that post from me.
    You are always telling me to use my meds, saying i have some mental illness et,c so there really is no excuse for going down that road. It was beyond the pale, and just proves how you have always been the angriest poster all along. We should actually replace forum gay of the year with forum angry bastard, except you would have had the title for about 10 years in a row
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whoops forgot

another one of these to wind you up

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are always telling me to use my meds, saying i have some mental illness et,c so there really is no excuse for going down that road. It was beyond the pale, and just proves how you have always been the angriest poster all along. We should actually replace forum gay of the year with forum angry bastard, except you would have had the title for about 10 years in a row

Yeah well...... we all know you couldn't possibly be Forum Angry Bastard what with all the smilies you sprinkle like fairy dust across all your posts. I might start using that tactic myself.... might need some pointers from the master.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So seriously Beanz. No serious response from you on that one post from me, because of the "bridge thing"?

Can I surmise from this that you'd rather stay angry combative (angry is a bad word around here) constantly? Honest question.

I was kind of hoping to open some closed doors with that post, but then I've got your fucking attack dog snipping at my flanks at every turn.

Thread Information