Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
British culture is massively entwined with Germanic, Gallic, Greek, Roman, Basque heritage and language and Europe is still where much of our food, art, music, business, education and science is shared.
Does British culture have anything oooooh I don't know BRITISH about it or is it just a hodgepodge of other cultures and therefore unimportant and not worthy of being it's own unique thing? Also does that line of reasoning work for other cultures as well? Is German culture just a mix of everything not German but it's mixed in a specific geopolitical nationstate and therefore it's "German" ditto France and Italy and Belgium and so on?

And yeah I get the idea you'll think the very question itself being asked is a massive insult and I'm a bigot/racist/xenophobe who has deliberately and shamelessly offended your ancient ancestors for daring to ask the question, so skip all your typical insulting bullshit and just respond to the question or don't respond at all, I'm just attempting to save you from gassing yourself up into not even a rage, but I am seriously not in the mood to read several volumes of epic poems in response.
Yes British culture does have a lot of things that make it unique. One of those things is the the Anglo-Saxon influence which came here with the Germanic and Scandinavian Angles and Saxons and Jutes you utter plum. They like the Romans and the Normans did not wipe out the native traditions we still have here in an incredibly diverse country. The British Isles, Great Britain, The United Kingdom, the clue is there in the names. You insult this great country every time you refer to Brits as English as though the Welsh and Scots and Northern Irish and even Cornish would not mind. They do mind.

We are a cultural superpower but our influence in literature would not even exist if it were not for French and Latin. Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Tennyson, Du Maurier, Carroll, Dickens, Austen , Burns, Thomas wrote not only on the local landscapes and figures but on the shoulders of Roman and Greek culture and history. We have been constantly invaded and have sailed the world invading others. That itself is exactly what makes us British and Unique but the European influence from our genealogy to our cultures and even our language itself is the most important by far. To deny that is to not be British bit to be a pale ignorant watered down version of what makes us what we are.

Neither of you will acknowledge that this nation state bullshit you subscribe to is even vaguely possible. It is farcical and childish. Your own country is a Union. Fucking hell man you cannot lecture us all just because pricks like Peterson and Mcinnes sold you the lie that being British is somehow tied up with not being intimately tied to Europe and that white culture is somehow a unique thing being diluted by acknowledging the undeniable fact that the commonwealth and British Empire worked both ways. From Cricket, Punk and Reggae to folk music, art, literature and cuisine, to be British is to look out and then bring that which is outside in and absorb it.

You really are a pair of idiots.
Why are u saying our country is a union? Are you talking about our states united under the federal government? We actually call ourselves a republic. Not saying you said anything bad just wondering in what context you use that word.
Semantics. The Union defeated the confederacy did it not? Republic then. You are still whippersnappers..fucking get in line. It is so daft. I spend a few days away and come back to be lectured by an American and an Ex-Pat on what it means to be British, have the pair of them fetishizing Nazis and then moaning about it as though I brought them up (they are both obsessed by Fascist obviously) and then superimposing their own weird hangups and negativity onto me.

You are a country full up with families, dynasties even that came from Britain and Europe and invented everything the world sees as quintessentially American from hotdogs (German) to Pizzas (Japanese),movies (French) Sex ( french and Greek) Boobs ( Italian) shouting ( German) Tartan Golf Trousers ( Cornish/Scots/Irish/Welsh) The star spangled Banner (English tune about a Greek Poet) TV (Russia/UK) Cowboys (Mexico which is basically Spain with better boxers) Budweiser (Czech) Jeans (Bavarian) so it is beyond ridiculous that you would think that Europe is some kind of bogeyman threatening your whiteness
Damn dude I was just curious what you were saying.
See how bean flips when I merely ask him a question. And then he says shit like “walrus never debates”etc. now you see why I don’t get into it with beaner. One fucking question and the dude spits fire out of his nostrils.
Spits fire?

Don't be such a baby. You have absolutely no sense of humor do you? You and El Kabong and Gandalf are all younger than me but you drone on like old men in your slippers going on about the fucking Beatles and watches and going out for Coffee once a month when you are not on your periods.

You Guys x
Dude I guess you are too thick to pick it up but I posed that question to you as a way to try to have a decent interaction. And if that is u being funny, it’s not us that lack a sense of humor