Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    What a bunch of racist foreigners telling another country who they should hate.
    Do you agree with how Germany treated Greece?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Of course not. I have never pretended that the EU was some kind of Utopian vision made real. That does not make El Kabong talking about annexing and being under Germanies boot and giving up during the Blitz and ze this and that, any less racist. It is pathetic and low and incredibly insulting to the Brits that gave their lives defending this country to have a jumped up American hipster telling them that they don't have the right to move on. That he is pissed off with America not owning the NHS and so he is happy to piss about with their honour in order to win an internet argument. Fuck him, he is just proving to be the Bigot he always denied being. What an arsehole.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course not. I have never pretended that the EU was some kind of Utopian vision made real. That does not make El Kabong talking about annexing and being under Germanies boot and giving up during the Blitz and ze this and that, any less racist. It is pathetic and low and incredibly insulting to the Brits that gave their lives defending this country to have a jumped up American hipster telling them that they don't have the right to move on. That he is pissed off with America not owning the NHS and so he is happy to piss about with their honour in order to win an internet argument. Fuck him, he is just proving to be the Bigot he always denied being. What an arsehole.
    They were cruel and vindictive and knew that Greece had no ability to devalue to ease out of the situation. Granted the Greeks do have a habit of being too pension friendly, but at the same time a nation state with sovereignty has the chance to do things on its own terms like Argentina sometimes does. Greece was crushed.

And lest we forget that Americans gave lives too and without US aid and support the British would have had a harder time finishing off the Nazi's. Britain historically imports most of its food even now which is incredibly short sighted. It bankrupted us of course too, so let us not forget the issues Germany has habitually inflicted over the past 100 years. It is a rival and has its own power game at work. Let's not be ignorant about that.

Germany was allowed to prosper despite what it did to Europe and that's how they treat a fellow ally in Greece they historically treated so poorly? I really don't like the idea of women selling their bodies to survive or of half a million fleeing because of desperate and avoidable economic policies. Germany has a lot to answer for in that regard. There is something called forgiveness and being part of a Union there should have been more understanding especially considering Greece was not really in a position to join in the first place. That is how inept the EU is.

I don't understand why you are being so harsh to Lyle. I don't think Lyle really wants anything to happen to the NHS and the only thing I would want to see is immigrants pay for its use for the first 3 years and not claim any benefits at all for a similar period. It struggles partly because it is so overburdened and because so many people are overweight or using emergency wards for drinking habits. Those people have more health issues and need to take care of themselves better.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They were cruel and vindictive and knew that Greece had no ability to devalue to ease out of the situation. Granted the Greeks do have a habit of being too pension friendly, but at the same time a nation state with sovereignty has the chance to do things on its own terms like Argentina sometimes does. Greece was crushed.

And lest we forget that Americans gave lives too and without US aid and support the British would have had a harder time finishing off the Nazi's. Britain historically imports most of its food even now which is incredibly short sighted. It bankrupted us of course too, so let us not forget the issues Germany has habitually inflicted over the past 100 years. It is a rival and has its own power game at work. Let's not be ignorant about that.

Germany was allowed to prosper despite what it did to Europe and that's how they treat a fellow ally in Greece they historically treated so poorly? I really don't like the idea of women selling their bodies to survive or of half a million fleeing because of desperate and avoidable economic policies. Germany has a lot to answer for in that regard. There is something called forgiveness and being part of a Union there should have been more understanding especially considering Greece was not really in a position to join in the first place. That is how inept the EU is.

I don't understand why you are being so harsh to Lyle. I don't think Lyle really wants anything to happen to the NHS and the only thing I would want to see is immigrants pay for its use for the first 3 years and not claim any benefits at all for a similar period. It struggles partly because it is so overburdened and because so many people are overweight or using emergency wards for drinking habits. Those people have more health issues and need to take care of themselves better.
    Because he is not good people. Despite all the supposed Southern Charm and manners I hoped would be there, it turns out he is quite the opposite. I tried for years to ignore the cliche ignorant stuff chucked at him but in many ways that is true about the way he conducts himself. He doesn't want to learn a thing. He wants the world to all be modeled on the very worse aspects of America and it seems you agree.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It looks like Beaner and Gandalf are getting on the common ground slowly and suredly. If they can sea eye to eye about the Germany (which civilly they just did it) than they can say about if expecting southern charm from a southern guy is stereotyping and expecti to much of those guy.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because he is not good people. Despite all the supposed Southern Charm and manners I hoped would be there, it turns out he is quite the opposite. I tried for years to ignore the cliche ignorant stuff chucked at him but in many ways that is true about the way he conducts himself. He doesn't want to learn a thing. He wants the world to all be modeled on the very worse aspects of America and it seems you agree.

I invite you (Beanz) to take a page out of the heated arguments I have with Lyle over Trump and the gun issue. I'm not going to claim any type of moral superiority here, because Lyle and I went at it pretty hard some years ago, and many times it even got a bit personal. We've all done it.... no sense in denying it. Yet, whether you've noticed or not, Lyle and continue to argue heatedly about Trump and the gun issue..... but the personal attacks are now missing. Why? Because we respect each other as men. We may disagree in the most intense sense of the word on some important issues (climate can probably be included in there also, although I'm not exactly an alarmist at this point)..... but we disagree civilly.

Please don't take this as an attack. I believe we are all here intelligent, articulate people and frankly.... it's the reason why in 15 years I've never ventured too far off this forum. I've tried others..... got bored..... and come back. I don't even bother to test the waters anymore. The 15 years brings up another point. It's not healthy (IMO) to carry negative feelings toward one another through 15 or so years in the same forum. We should rather embrace our differences. That doesn't mean I'm going to quit trying to convince Lyle of the error of his ways when it comes to Trump. But at least there is a mutual respect, and that means more to me than any disagreement we may have.

Sometimes we touch a "sensitive button." I'm convinced it was that way with the LGBTQ issue. We don't know what each others' life experiences have been..... we know nothing about each others' families, situations, health, problems, etc. So disagreements on that subject are bound to create a lot of tension. But even topics like those I'm sure we can discuss in a calm, civil manner.

I find it sad that you would call Lyle "not good people" without ever having met him personally. I'm not a betting man. But I'd be willing to wager that much of this animosity would dissipate if there was ever a face-to-face. And I mean that in a good way. In both my personal life and at work, I've had many the opportunity to engage with people I just don't see eye-to-eye with. We don't always end up liking each other, but at least we extend each other the courtesy of being able to disagree without it devolving into a personal battle.

I'm the one here who has posted threads about an imagined "meeting" between Saddo'ers and..... although I realize that is just an unrealistic fantasy due to life circumstances..... I still feel it would be a terrific experience, especially for most of us Saddo veterans. Anyway, I sincerely hope you can reflect on some of these things.

El Kabong Guest

That does not make El Kabong talking about annexing and being under Germanies boot and giving up during the Blitz and ze this and that, any less racist.
    How is it racist?

Germany DID annex Greek Islands because of Greece's debt. A debt which should have prevented them from joining the EU, but for some reason they were allowed to join.....and then Germany bought up some islands because you know fair is fair

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I invite you (Beanz) to take a page out of the heated arguments I have with Lyle over Trump and the gun issue. I'm not going to claim any type of moral superiority here, because Lyle and I went at it pretty hard some years ago, and many times it even got a bit personal. We've all done it.... no sense in denying it. Yet, whether you've noticed or not, Lyle and continue to argue heatedly about Trump and the gun issue..... but the personal attacks are now missing. Why? Because we respect each other as men. We may disagree in the most intense sense of the word on some important issues (climate can probably be included in there also, although I'm not exactly an alarmist at this point)..... but we disagree civilly.

Please don't take this as an attack. I believe we are all here intelligent, articulate people and frankly.... it's the reason why in 15 years I've never ventured too far off this forum. I've tried others..... got bored..... and come back. I don't even bother to test the waters anymore. The 15 years brings up another point. It's not healthy (IMO) to carry negative feelings toward one another through 15 or so years in the same forum. We should rather embrace our differences. That doesn't mean I'm going to quit trying to convince Lyle of the error of his ways when it comes to Trump. But at least there is a mutual respect, and that means more to me than any disagreement we may have.

Sometimes we touch a "sensitive button." I'm convinced it was that way with the LGBTQ issue. We don't know what each others' life experiences have been..... we know nothing about each others' families, situations, health, problems, etc. So disagreements on that subject are bound to create a lot of tension. But even topics like those I'm sure we can discuss in a calm, civil manner.

I find it sad that you would call Lyle "not good people" without ever having met him personally. I'm not a betting man. But I'd be willing to wager that much of this animosity would dissipate if there was ever a face-to-face. And I mean that in a good way. In both my personal life and at work, I've had many the opportunity to engage with people I just don't see eye-to-eye with. We don't always end up liking each other, but at least we extend each other the courtesy of being able to disagree without it devolving into a personal battle.

I'm the one here who has posted threads about an imagined "meeting" between Saddo'ers and..... although I realize that is just an unrealistic fantasy due to life circumstances..... I still feel it would be a terrific experience, especially for most of us Saddo veterans. Anyway, I sincerely hope you can reflect on some of these things.

It's finally clear.

The best way to kill a thread here is to post a message like the one above. Not much "fun" to be had after that.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's finally clear.

The best way to kill a thread here is to post a message like the one above. Not much "fun" to be had after that.
    El CarBoing is an utter Cunt. Full stop. Bye Tittyfan.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's finally clear.

You tried Tito.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

It's finally clear.

You tried Tito.

My point's been made. Beanz thrives on conflict, and civility just bores him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beaner did put up pretty good with those thing said about Sperg that I thought was he a good sport, and I too like also to say about suicidals thing. His posts always have those good logic, so if we agree to disagree than all of us can only get along. Which should be good, guys.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well..... you're "new" here, and obviously you don't "know" Beanz. That'll pass.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well..... you're "new" here, and obviously you don't "know" Beanz. That'll pass.
    I though I know him at the first, when he accusation me for those things, but he than became different and I appreciate that's thing he said lately to alpha So I defend him of that Sperg mentioning from a few days back.

Thread Information