Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    So the clueless, unelected Prime minister has unsurprisingly revealed her intent to use Brexit as a cover to impose Tory ideology through the back door. So instead of removing power from the elite of the EU and carrying out her mandate to negotiate on behalf of British citizens and businesses, she has opened her dialogue with Europe by threatening to make the UK a corporate tax haven. Meanwhile Boris, the British bumbling equivalent of Twatter addicted Trump, has called anyone in Europe who does not agree with him a Nazi.Cruella de May has become so deluded that she actually believes rather than slowly dismantling social care and the NHS she is somehow an example of leadership. This from a former remainer who has 180'ed on leaving the single market and sat there as the NHS crumbles around her.So... Brexit, what do you think the realities of it will mean for you, your business, your family, your friends and/or work colleagues?Is there a plan? It's now firmly in the court of those who voted for it and yet other than cutting down on immigration there seems to be little in the way of new ideas for financial or cultural growth. It seems to have become a rush to the bottom. A little Britain in which even more services are sold to foreign multinationals and workers rights are eroded further in order to support the sponging elite.
    Well...

What a shit show.

Anyone still think it was a great idea? (:

Unbelievably we now have even more clueless simpletons in charge that have managed to tank what was left of the economy. Truss makes May look like a nobel prize winning genius and Johnson look like a safe pair of hands. Watching Cofeey bullshit her way thru a breakfast tv interview now, like a bloated Gove in drag, insisting that rather than raising wages for nurses and those working in care, she is going to bring in cheap labour from abroad. What a fucking monster she is.

They will continue to attack the working class making them pay for tax cuts to the billionaires who engineered Brexit from day one, as forelock tugging xenophobes dry wank themselves into a coma.

What a shit show.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the clueless, unelected Prime minister has unsurprisingly revealed her intent to use Brexit as a cover to impose Tory ideology through the back door. So instead of removing power from the elite of the EU and carrying out her mandate to negotiate on behalf of British citizens and businesses, she has opened her dialogue with Europe by threatening to make the UK a corporate tax haven. Meanwhile Boris, the British bumbling equivalent of Twatter addicted Trump, has called anyone in Europe who does not agree with him a Nazi.Cruella de May has become so deluded that she actually believes rather than slowly dismantling social care and the NHS she is somehow an example of leadership. This from a former remainer who has 180'ed on leaving the single market and sat there as the NHS crumbles around her.So... Brexit, what do you think the realities of it will mean for you, your business, your family, your friends and/or work colleagues?Is there a plan? It's now firmly in the court of those who voted for it and yet other than cutting down on immigration there seems to be little in the way of new ideas for financial or cultural growth. It seems to have become a rush to the bottom. A little Britain in which even more services are sold to foreign multinationals and workers rights are eroded further in order to support the sponging elite.
    Well...

What a shit show.

Anyone still think it was a great idea? (:

Unbelievably we now have even more clueless simpletons in charge that have managed to tank what was left of the economy. Truss makes May look like a nobel prize winning genius and Johnson look like a safe pair of hands. Watching Cofeey bullshit her way thru a breakfast tv interview now, like a bloated Gove in drag, insisting that rather than raising wages for nurses and those working in care, she is going to bring in cheap labour from abroad. What a fucking monster she is.

They will continue to attack the working class making them pay for tax cuts to the billionaires who engineered Brexit from day one, as forelock tugging xenophobes dry wank themselves into a coma.

What a shit show.

FeZkH6_WQAEJ1mt.jpg

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kwarteng has gone. Truss is surely toast now.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This post should be put on the Boris thread, the incompetence of the Tories is unbelievable.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This post should be put on the Boris thread, the incompetence of the Tories is unbelievable.
    You are probably right. They have always been fiscally shite but this even for them is a new low.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pre-Brexit UK GDP was 90% of Germany's GDP. Now just under 70%. Fair to say it's not going well.

Oh look.

FfHLEoFXwAEsJhP.jpg

The Daily Telegraph. The fucking Telegraph. If reality keeps seeping into the press it'll create enough popular support to at least rejoin the single market and stop most of the bleeding. Might take a while but it's coming. Latest polls show 53-34 think it was a mistake to leave. That will climb to 60-30 quickly if the right wing press even allow a little reality into the papers. That's not the same question as would you rejoin the single market though. Although with inevitable media coverage of the issue that could hit two to one faster than the first question.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brexit is a Tory conspired mess that Boris did not get done.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now I am far from being a Boris or Tory apologist, but with respect, that is bullshit.
    When we had the Brexit vote, 95% of ALL MP’s recommended voting to remain. The fact that the people decided to ignore that is not their fault.
    So the vote is to leave and the Government (regardless of party) have to try to patch this bullshit up. And once the vote goes that way, whether we agree or not, we have to get on with it.
    It was always going to be impossible to get “a good deal” , rarely happens in divorces.
    Before I get called a moaning remainer, hindsight would show that in some ways it worked out to be the right call.
    If we were still part of Europe, we would still be waiting for our vaccine after sharing it out. And many European countries admire the decision to leave and wish their country had the balls to do the same.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Now I am far from being a Boris or Tory apologist, but with respect, that is bullshit.
    When we had the Brexit vote, 95% of ALL MP’s recommended voting to remain. The fact that the people decided to ignore that is not their fault.
    So the vote is to leave and the Government (regardless of party) have to try to patch this bullshit up. And once the vote goes that way, whether we agree or not, we have to get on with it.
    It was always going to be impossible to get “a good deal” , rarely happens in divorces.
    Before I get called a moaning remainer, hindsight would show that in some ways it worked out to be the right call.
    If we were still part of Europe, we would still be waiting for our vaccine after sharing it out. And many European countries admire the decision to leave and wish their country had the balls to do the same.
    The Tories have always had divisions about Europe and Thatcher showed the strains of that relationship back then. Cameron promised the referendum to appease his party at the expense of the nation which has been divided ever since.

Cameron and Osbourne left his colleagues to pick up the mess. May called an unnecessary election and lost her majority to get it done. The government were a laughingstock until Boris promised to get it done which he did not with one of the largest majorities ever.

Tory mess.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Tories have always had divisions about Europe and Thatcher showed the strains of that relationship back then. Cameron promised the referendum to appease his party at the expense of the nation which has been divided ever since.

Cameron and Osbourne left his colleagues to pick up the mess. May called an unnecessary election and lost her majority to get it done. The government were a laughingstock until Boris promised to get it done which he did not with one of the largest majorities ever.

Tory mess.
    Cameron promised the referendum not thinking for one second it would result in leaving. MP's from all parties recommended remaining.
    May was a fucking scapegoat trying to resolve an issue that she (nor any other MP's) never believed in .
    infact the only people to campaign to leave were pricks like Farage, and the minute that it become apparent that his campaign was successful, he ran for the hills , because he didn't have the bottle to see it through!
    The only people to blame for all of this are indeed the British Public! the Voters. Because it is they who voted for us to leave Europe.
    you tell me one other issue where 95% of MP's from all parties agree, that the public would take the opposite point of view ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tory mess.
    Cameron promised the referendum not thinking for one second it would result in leaving. MP's from all parties recommended remaining.
    May was a fucking scapegoat trying to resolve an issue that she (nor any other MP's) never believed in .
    infact the only people to campaign to leave were pricks like Farage, and the minute that it become apparent that his campaign was successful, he ran for the hills , because he didn't have the bottle to see it through!
    The only people to blame for all of this are indeed the British Public! the Voters. Because it is they who voted for us to leave Europe.
    you tell me one other issue where 95% of MP's from all parties agree, that the public would take the opposite point of view ?
    The public voted to leave by a close decision based on the information put in front of them.

It was the politicians to get it done and they have royally screwed that up.

For example, Boris, the opportunist suddenly became a Brexiter for his own selfish desire to become prime minister. Tories screwed this up.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tory mess.
    The public voted to leave by a close decision based on the information put in front of them.

It was the politicians to get it done and they have royally screwed that up.

For example, Boris, the opportunist suddenly became a Brexiter for his own selfish desire to become prime minister. Tories screwed this up.
    The public voted to leave because they were gullible enough and stupid enough to believe the Leave Campaign’s wild claims such as “if we leave Brexit , we will be able to divert the £350 million to the NHS. “
    And the very next morning , Farage back tracked before he rode off into the sunset. COMPLETE PISS TAKE!
    All the Brexit vote proved was that the British public don’t have the intelligence to make such important decisions.

https://www.itv.com/goodmorningbrita...mise-a-mistake

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Tories could not manage Europe and Brexit. It was tearing them apart, so instead they put it to the vote hoping the big corporations, politicians like Obama and celebrities would sway the public. It was a close vote, so you can not call the public stupid.

If the Tories did their job it never would have got to a referendum. They were delegated to manage Europe and messed it up.

Do not blame the public.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right , I believe Black is white. you believe black is black, BUT you have to convince EVERYONE that black is white because I’ve fucking told you too.
    And if you can’t do that you’re useless and incompetent!
    I rest my fucking case.

Thread Information