Default Re: The Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    The only tyrant is Boris he better get a deal before 31st October.
    Such a tyrant giving the people what they want
    Not many people want a no deal Brexit. He may deliver a deal, you never know.
    That is not true. Plenty of people want a no deal Brexit and Boris knows that.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...xit-scenarios/
    That is a false picture and is how we have ended up.

That was not want people voted for if it was an option Leave would have lost.
    It is the most popular of all the options. How can you say Leave would have lost? People voted to stay or go. It really was that simple. Everyone knew there would be potential risks and I think that is priced in already. Give the people what they want. The numbers wanting no deal is increasing month by month too. Labour is going to end up returning 25% in an election. Leaking votes to all other parties. They know it.
    I can say Leave would have lost because it would have split the vote.

I voted leave but not a no deal Brexit, so I can talk from personal experience so can say Leave would have lost.

The only reason it is so high now is that a deal is now becoming less and less an option so the data you provided is a false picture.
    If it is a reflection of current popular sentiment then it is hardly a false picture.

A false picture is Kirkland's bizarre notion that a good deal has been fleshed out. That is false.

A third of the public wanting no deal is real. As was 2/3rds of regions wanting OUT.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the most popular of all the options. How can you say Leave would have lost? People voted to stay or go. It really was that simple. Everyone knew there would be potential risks and I think that is priced in already. Give the people what they want. The numbers wanting no deal is increasing month by month too. Labour is going to end up returning 25% in an election. Leaking votes to all other parties. They know it.

I voted leave but not a no deal Brexit, so I can talk from personal experience so can say Leave would have lost.

The only reason it is so high now is that a deal is now becoming less and less an option so the data you provided is a false picture.
    If it is a reflection of current popular sentiment then it is hardly a false picture.

A false picture is Kirkland's bizarre notion that a good deal has been fleshed out. That is false.

A third of the public wanting no deal is real. As was 2/3rds of regions wanting OUT.
    Actually it is you that presents a false picture because like El Kabong you are a bullshit artist. You use one poll of a mere 1500 people to present what you claim is current popular sentiment.

Reality Check

Here is an average of four well respected proper polls

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And another

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Fine then get them to stay Beanz, what do I care I'm a foreign trustafarian elite wannabe after all so what do I care of Britain?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fine then get them to stay Beanz, what do I care I'm a foreign trustafarian elite wannabe after all so what do I care of Britain?
    It is not about staying it is about the manner in which we leave and respecting Parliamentary Sovereignty, the entire reason you in your rush to ignorance touted as the justification of Brexit. It seems that it was just another bullshit fake news lie. You are willing the UK into absolute chaos and economic vandalism, at the behest of traitorous cunts in Government who stand to benefit from that ruination. You and your corrupt President are a far more dangerous threat than the fake commie enemies you dream up to justify your paranoia and simple mindedness regarding the EU.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Actually it is you that presents a false picture because like El Kabong you are a bullshit artist. You use one poll of a mere 1500 people to present what you claim is current popular sentiment.

Reality Check

Here is an average of four well respected proper polls

Come on then, if you are so convinced, then bring on the election. 35 times requested....then denied when offered. They know that beyond students who haven't worked and foreign London they are leaking voters left right and center. I don't mean that as a loose expression either.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also like that poll as no deal is hardcore and that is even higher than the number I gave. No deal brexit is the best outcome for everyone and if Britain wants to deal with off shore tax havens then they can push for that thenselves rather than rely on the EU to govern.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also like that poll as no deal is hardcore and that is even higher than the number I gave. No deal brexit is the best outcome for everyone and if Britain wants to deal with off shore tax havens then they can push for that thenselves rather than rely on the EU to govern.
    Yes ..right. Fucking get down off your cloud and live in the real world for five seconds. Like the Turkeys in this corrupt government are going to vote for their own Christmas. Corbyn as a realist and proponent of REAL GROUND CHANGE is acknowledging the complexity of a divided nation and seeking to address it, and you are merely propping up the old order , the status Quo, the establishment two party bullshit. You are a money mad tory right down to your bones.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meanwhile, Scottish judges just ruled that Boris unlawfully suspended Parliament. He has expelled 21 MP’s, lost his mandate and wanted to close Parliament illegally.

The man should resign.

We have never had a worse idiot in charge and we have had a few. Cameron for getting us in this mess and running off and May for not delivering when she had the majority.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    It is not about staying it is about the manner in which we leave and respecting Parliamentary Sovereignty, the entire reason you in your rush to ignorance touted as the justification of Brexit. It seems that it was just another bullshit fake news lie. You are willing the UK into absolute chaos and economic vandalism, at the behest of traitorous cunts in Government who stand to benefit from that ruination. You and your corrupt President are a far more dangerous threat than the fake commie enemies you dream up to justify your paranoia and simple mindedness regarding the EU.
    Where's the part where the vote on the referendum, the voice of the people is respected? Does that matter at all? The PEOPLE voted, the PEOPLE chose Brexit but you are on the side of Parliament why? Because it's opposed to Trump and Bannon and whomever else you deem as corrupt and traitorous.....by the by how exactly is it "traitorous" to want Britain to stand up proudly on it's own as it has whenever it has made history? I guess they should have welcomed Hitler across the Channel and avoided the Blitz altogether, same outcome...you'll be part of a Europe run by Berlin through Belgium.

Are we excited to have young Brits conscrpited into military service in the EU Armed Forces? Are we excited to see riots like France and the yellow vests?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    He doesn't want a deal. He wants to crash out with no deal. There's no way that the EU are going to give Britain anything up front other than minor alterations to the backstop agreement and there's no reason for them to do so. Any "deal" isn't even a deal. It's a standstill agreement while we negotiate an actual deal which will in no way be anything close to as good as the deal we have now.
    I think you may be right but still prefer to be out than in.
    hy?
    W

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    He doesn't want a deal. He wants to crash out with no deal. There's no way that the EU are going to give Britain anything up front other than minor alterations to the backstop agreement and there's no reason for them to do so. Any "deal" isn't even a deal. It's a standstill agreement while we negotiate an actual deal which will in no way be anything close to as good as the deal we have now.
    When you say the deal you have now you mean the ones your country people voted to leave
    No that's the result of the referendum. The deal is something else entirely.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rashing out without a deal wasn't mentioned during the referendum campaign. Only by the leave people as never going to happen. They were going to negotiate a free trade deal, access to the single market but still with the right to prevent immigration. We were able to have our cake and eat it. "We hold all the cards" in the negotiations Britain was told. If the option had been crashing out with no deal we would have voted overwhelmingly to stay in.
    C

“Coming to a free trade agreement with the EU should be one of the easiest in human history.” – Liam Fox, International Trade Secretary.

“The day after we vote to leave, we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want.” – Michael Gove, Secretary of State for Environment, April 2016.

“Within two years – before negotiation with the EU is likely to be complete and therefore before anything material has changed – we can negotiate a free trade area massively larger than the EU. The new trade agreements will come into force at point of exit.” David Davis

and so on.

Wait till all the idiots who voted for this because we'd be able to reduce immigration find out that the resulting economic shock/massive recession mean that we're going to have to import millions more immigrants than we otherwise would have had to. And they won't be Poles and northern Europeans either. Maybe Boris could get a bunch of Republican politicians to fly over and explain to Britain that the Poles and northern Europeans are actually the good immigrants.

And wait till we're alone and desperate and trying to make a trade deal with other countries while we're no longer part of the world's biggest economy/trading bloc:

REVEALED: Turkey seeks free trade deal with Britain in exchange for freedom of movement

TURKEY wants a free trade deal with the United Kingdom in exchange for free movement of people.

Previously unreported comments by the Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim suggest the country wants to broker a deal that would allow its citizens to move freely between Turkey and the UK.
    Speaking alongside Theresa May in Ankara last month Mr Yildirim said talks would be initiated with the UK about a free trade deal simultaneously with the talks Turkey has begun about modernising the Customs Union.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...eedom-movement

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've managed to get it wrong again. What I said was that the "deal" isn't a deal, it's a standstill agreement while we spend the next few years working out the terms and conditions of the actual deal. It keeps the customs union/single market in place while we negotiate our new terms of trade and commerce with the EU. The deal then goes to every EU member parliament and they all have the right to veto it which means a few years if we're very lucky and any resultant deal will be far worse for Britain than the deal we have now. Just leaving the EU doesn't mean we walk away from half our economy. We still have to negotiate how half our economy will be able to supply its goods and services to our biggest market (half our fucking economy). That isn't going away.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So a no deal brexit is not the end of the process only the start of the negotiations which may take years.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information