Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz - 29/1/17

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Easy to see both sides there, tough call. Yes the rubber match would make sense and be in order, but I thought the first fight between Frampton and SC was closer than the rematch also, and I was one of the people who thought Frampton would make the better adjustments in the second fight, probably a natural pick. LSC really surprised me with that one and if he were to repeat or improve on it in a third fight it would knock Frampton down a lot further than where he realistically is, might be better for him to go elsewhere and regroup. That said, I don't see the point in Santa Cruz and Mares doing it at all, for similar reasons really. All three are excellent fighters who may as well mix it up, long as they take solid challenges. I'd love to see Rigo move up and get a chance to stop rotting on the vine while he still has time, the guy is such a freaky talent.
    Mares vs Selby & Frampton vs Santa Cruz III with the winners meeting. I think a 3rd fight needs to happen. I had Frampton winning the first, Santa Cruz the 2nd. It will be interesting to see who can make the correct adjustments in a 3rd meeting. I also thought both fights were entertaining. Even the Mares fight was none stop. Some good fights to be made any way they are matched.
    Any option here isn't bad, for sure. I don't think either fight between Frampton and Santa Cruz were really disputable, but just the fact that LSC is seen as having his one element and yet made the adjustments to make the rematch wider than the first fight(imo) make it quite an ask for Frampton in a direct rubber match maybe, not sure it's the best thing for him. If he were to win of course it'd be that much better for him though, I just wouldn't mind seeing them take a different route either.
    I understand; it's always nice to see different fighters clash. I thought Santa Cruz showed another dimension to his game in the Mares bout. Many thought he would just come forward with pressure but he showed some excellent boxing skills. Frampton had Santa Cruz' number in the first, Leo made the adjusts in the second. Can Frampton adapt enough in the third to get the win. I'd also like to see how Leo travels as Frampton has performed admirably on both occasions while on the road.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz - 29/1/17

Mares did well against Cruz early but then it was a relatively one sided fight. I would prefer Frampton to fight in the UK next and preferably against a domestic fighter.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information