Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz - 29/1/17

Don't see any other outcome than another Frampton win

Carl Frampton is taking added motivation from those who doubt the validity of his first win over Leo Santa Cruz.

Frampton (23-0-KO14) puts his unbeaten record back on the line on January 29 when his rematch with Santa Cruz (32-1-1-KO1 headlines a star-studded Sky Sports card from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"If it's two wins to nil for me, I'd rather move on and fight someone like Lee Selby. I just want to be involved in big fights."

Frampton v Santa Cruz II: Carl Frampton out to prove New York win was 'no fluke' | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Frampton vs Leo Santa Cruz - 29/1/17

I've got Frampton winning via stoppage, It could go either way but I've a feeling that it won't go the 12 this time, one of them will change something about their game plan and either catch or be caught cold

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't think it will be as good as the first one. Santa Cruz can't do anything different/more but Frampton can be more cagey, not trade as much. However, Santa Cruz has more chance of favourable scoring in this part of the world.

Excellent card. Selby-Barros and Garcia-Zlat undercard.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The first fight was close and Frampton can easily lose this if he gets involved in a war. carl needs to be smart and focused using his boxing skills but it is far from a formality.

I will be nervous for Frampton.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think frampton will win a bit easier this time and the fight won't be as good. I could be wrong but Santa Cruz only has one speed. I would be surprised if he could adjust from the first fight.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haymon's shows have a reputation for bad decisions. I think Frampton will win but I'm not so sure the judges will see it like that. You know Santa Cruz is going to throw a hundred punches a round and that's all the excuse the judges would need to give it to him.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Santa Cruz will win a close decision and there will be a third fight
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice to see you've all got your excuses lined up before the fight even happens. The first fight was nip and tuck and the judges gave Frampton a fair victory. But this time, in the same country that was fair last time, the judges will use nationality to bias. Sound logic(heavy sarcasm if not obvious)

Let me present another scenario. When someone benefits from bias in USA it is not about nationality it is about marketability. I'm sure to nationalistic people that is hard to grasp. But here it is obvious.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Nice to see you've all got your excuses lined up before the fight even happens. The first fight was nip and tuck and the judges gave Frampton a fair victory. But this time, in the same country that was fair last time, the judges will use nationality to bias. Sound logic(heavy sarcasm if not obvious)

Let me present another scenario. When someone benefits from bias in USA it is not about nationality it is about marketability. I'm sure to nationalistic people that is hard to grasp. But here it is obvious.
    I've tried to tell people here that same thing. In the US, it is about marketability and not nationality. Just because a fighter is from the US, doesn't mean that they will be the more marketable one.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If its about marketability, then surely the Irish heritage of Frampton can be just as valuable as the Mexican heritage for Santa Cruz. After all, we've seen guys like John Duddy and Andy Lee spend a lot more time on big shows in the US than equally talented boxers from the Seychelles or some other backwater would have done.

Anyway, I like the look of this fight for Frampton, good first fight, and I think Santa Cruz is going to be hard pushed to change up enough to get the victory. Looking forward to seeing Lee Selby on another big card too. Will just have to be strict enough with the beer so I'm sober enough to remember it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Plenty of American fans - including writers and the Santa Cruz team themselves - claimed Cruz was disadvantaged by the first fight being on the east coast. It's naive or disingenuous to claim American based fighters don't receive home advantage.

Cruz himself said - Las Vegas is his second home and will have the greater fan support this time.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Plenty of American fans - including writers and the Santa Cruz team themselves - claimed Cruz was disadvantaged by the first fight being on the east coast. It's naive or disingenuous to claim American based fighters don't receive home advantage.

Cruz himself said - Las Vegas is his second home and will have the greater fan support this time.
    Most of it is mentality. So in that sense you can have an advantage. You hear the crowd cheering for you and it pumps you up. The judging in the US can be corrupt like anywhere else in the world, but it's not in favor of the guy from the US necessarily.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

Most of it is mentality. So in that sense you can have an advantage. You hear the crowd cheering for you and it pumps you up. The judging in the US can be corrupt like anywhere else in the world, but it's not in favor of the guy from the US necessarily.
    It's the same everywhere, the most popular fighter will always seem to be favoured even if not in his home town.

I notice lots of American fans mistakenly assume that "world" title fights in the UK are judged by all Brit officials, which is not true at all. Only in places like Vegas do you see all-American officals doing fights between their fellow countrymen and a foreigner.
    Last edited by Fenster; 01-26-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

It's the same everywhere, the most popular fighter will always seem to be favoured even if not in his home town.

I notice lots of American fans mistakenly assume that "world" title fights in the UK are judged by all Brit officials, which is not true at all. Only in places like Vegas do you see all-American officals doing fights between their fellow countrymen and a foreigner.
    I know that judges are generally from different places in the world in bigger fights. The problem is I never hear a Brit being in his home country, or a German being in Germany, or a Japanese being in Japan that gets on the wrong end of a decision in their own country vs someone who isn't from the same country.

In the US, fighters from the US get awful decisions all the time against foreign fighters. It's not really even a debate.

Name one fight where the home country fighter (from a country other than the US) got a screwed on the scorecards. There may be a random one but I can't think of any.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watching previous Frampton fights on boxing gold against Moliter et al and forgot how close Barry and Eddie were.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information