Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Frank Warren reveals new BT Sport boxing schedule and signs Hughie Fury to BT

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Frank Warren reveals new BT Sport boxing schedule and signs Hughie Fury to BT

Frank Warren announces his event schedule with BT Sport and BoxNation

BT-Boxing-Schedule.jpg
    AT a London press conference today, Hall of Fame promoter Frank Warren and his new broadcast partner BT Sport announced initial details of the first four events to be broadcast on both BT Sport and BoxNation.

Taking place at London’s iconic BT Tower, the press conference was hosted by BT Sport presenter Paul Dempsey alongside Mr Warren, as the pair unveiled details of the upcoming schedule which would signify the broadcasters first steps into live boxing.

Warren announced that the first event to be shown on both BT Sport and BoxNation will take place at Manchester Arena on Saturday April 8 and would feature a blockbuster card headlined by Terry Flanagan’s WBO world lightweight championship defence against Russia’s Petr Petrov.
    Also to be featured on the card will be the eagerly awaited domestic showdown between former WBO super-welterweight champion Liam Smith and long-time rival Liam Williams.
    The biggest news of the day was the unveiling of Olympic gold medallist Nicola Adams as Warren’s latest signing to join his ‘New Era’ on BT Sport. During her unveiling it was announced that she would make her pro-debut on the April 8 Manchester card.
    The next event of Warren’s opening BT Sport schedule, will take place at the Leicester Arena where newly crowned British middleweight champion Tommy Langford will make the first defence of his belt against Birmingham rival Craig Cunningham on Saturday April 22.
    Ranked at number two in the World by the WBO, undefeated Langford outpointed Sam Sheedy to claim the Lord Lonsdale belt in November whilst Cunningham is coming off the back of a career best stoppage win against London 2012 medallist Anthony Ogogo.
    Also on the card Tyrone Nurse will make the third defence of his British super-lightweight title against Malmesbury’s Joe Hughes whilst Indian superstar Vijender Singh will fight in the city which boasts a huge British Indian population against Leicester’s own English super-middleweight champion Jahmane Smyle.
    The next card announced by Warren will take place at London’s Copper Box Arena on Saturday May 6. Mr Warren mentioned the card is set to have some further additions but will feature Bradley Skeete’s mandatory British welterweight title defence against Shayne Singleton.
    Also on the bill, British featherweight champion Ryan Walsh will make the third defence of his title. The all-action Cromer fighter stopped Scotsman Darren Traynor in his first defence before halting highly-rated Belfast man James Tennyson in his second defence of the title at the Copper Box Arena last April. Whilst the talented Mitchell Smith will be given the chance to avenge his shock loss against George Jupp.
    The BT Sport cameras will then travel to Leeds’ First Direct Arena the following weekend on Saturday May 13 where local hero Josh Warrington will top the bill in front of his famously huge support against Marco McCullough.
    The undefeated WBC International featherweight champion Warrington is already the flag-bearer for boxing in his city and is now aiming to cement his place for a world title challenge later in the year.
    Also on the card, women’s boxing’s biggest star Nicola Adams OBE will make a hero’s return to her hometown where she will fight as a professional for a second time as she aims to fast-track towards a professional world title.
    Details of exciting further card additions to all four events and other high quality schedule additions will be announced at regional press conferences in the coming weeks, alongside ticket details for each event.

Frank Warren reveals new BT Sport boxing schedule - Boxing News

Last edited by smashup; 01-24-2017 at 05:08 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Frank Warren reveals new BT Sport boxing schedule and signs Hughie Fury to BT

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Frank Warren reveals new BT Sport boxing schedule and signs Hughie Fury to BT

Biggest name in Frank's stable is now a bird. Talk about ironic.

Liam Smith-Williams is a terrific matchup, nothing really standout about the rest though. Looks like Warrington gave Eddie the elbow to swerve stepping up to world class. They're gonna get Parker over for Hughie? OK.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the smith Williams fight is so interesting - im even gonna buy a ticket
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warrens still involved in massive fights, most recently Smith v Canelo and i like the fact he's bouncing back when Matchroom looked like they left him miles behind.

The addition of Young Heavyweight prospect Daniel Dubois excites me for the future and i think he's gonna be a real force in a few years time, he's been touted as a potential World Champ by several fighters including AJ himself and Dubois has sparred with AJ a few times already.

DUBOIS: “I WANT TO BE KNOCKING ON THE DOOR FOR A WORLD TITLE BY 2020″

Promoter Frank Warren is delighted to announce the signing of highly-rated Heavyweight amateur standout Daniel Dubois on a long-term deal. Hall of Famer Warren is predicting big things for the latest amateur star to come off the Super-Heavyweight production line at GB Boxing’s headquarters in Sheffield.
    Dubois was following in the footsteps of London 2012 gold medallist, Anthony Joshua, and Rio 2016 Super-Heavyweight silver medallist, Joe Joyce, as a Tokyo 2020 medallist hopeful but instead opted to chase his dream of becoming the youngest ever British-born Heavyweight World Champion.
    19-year-old Dubois will master his trade under the watchful eye of trainer-manager Martin Bowers at the famous Peacock Gym in London’s Canning Town where Warren stablemates Anthony Yarde, Ahmet Patterson and Sam McNess also train.
    The 6’4.5” powerhouse had previous spells at several highly-regarded London clubs, including the renowned Repton Boys Club, Lynn ABC and Dale Youth ABC before joining the Islington Boxing Club as a senior in 2015.
    Dubois likens himself to a mixture of Lennox Lewis and Larry Holmes and cites Mike Tyson as one of his childhood heroes. He has boxing in his blood, his sister Caroline is an undefeated European Amateur Champion and his younger brother Prince is also making a name for himself in the Amateurs.
    In December Dubois won his first his first senior domestic title at the GB Boxing Championships at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield before deciding to pursue his World Title ambitions in the Professional ranks.
    “If I know I can take someone out of there, I’m going to take him out,” said Dubois. “In the Heavyweight division, one shot can change the whole fight, so you have to take that chance if you want to be successful. It’s what the people want to see.”
    “Frank is the best Promoter out there and I’m delighted to be starting my professional career with him. He has a reputation for developing the very best boxers in the country and I can’t wait to get started.
    “I’m confident in my abilities and want to be knocking on the door for a World Title by 2020. Becoming the Heavyweight Champion of the World has been my dream ever since I started out in boxing and I’ll stop at nothing to achieve my goals.
    “I have a brilliant team behind me and now it’s time for me to knuckle down and show people what I’m capable of. 2017 is all about keeping busy, staying in the gym and listening to the advice of those around me.”
    Frank Warren said: “Daniel is one of the best, if not the best, young Heavyweight amateurs in the World today. I’m so pleased that he has decided to team up with us and I’m looking forward to him making his debut soon.
    “Martin Bowers is an excellent trainer and I know he will be able to get the very best out of Daniel. He is a great prospect and has a brilliant opportunity to make a name for himself and join the likes of Joe Calzaghe, Naseem Hamed and Nigel Benn as a British boxing icon.”
    “Naz didn’t go to the Olympics, Calzaghe didn’t go and neither did Ricky Hatton. Daniel can follow in their footsteps but we’ll need to show a bit of patience, he’s got a long and exciting journey ahead of him.
    “There’s a big buzz around what he’s done in the gym, sparring with the likes of Anthony Joshua, Joe Joyce and Derick Chisora. I really do believe he is going places and we’re going to work together to ensure that happens.
    “I can’t tell you how excited I am to have Daniel on board with us. It’s no secret that I like getting involved with guys at the start of their careers and helping with their development. In Daniel I think we have a very special talent on our hands. I think the fans are going to be in for a treat with him.”
    You can follow Daniel’s journey on Twitter: danieldubois_1 and Facebook: Daniel Dubois
    Details about Daniel’s professional debut will be announced next week.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On a side note i'm amazed that since the Rio Olympics last year Nobody has signed up hard hitting Light Heavyweight Joshua Buatsi who was smashing people all over the place on his way to a points loss (Bronze) to that season Kazak with a very long name.

Looks tailor made for the pro ranks already the way he fights and Floyd Mayweather was chatting with him after one of his fights, posing for pics and biggin him up.

He's ready to go now and i thought that straight away from what i saw in Rio so i'm surprised he hasn't announced he's turning Pro yet.

Great Prospect Buatsi

Last edited by smashup; 01-25-2017 at 04:22 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'a blockbuster card headlined by Terry Flanagan'

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua Buatsi is probably getting wined and dined by all the top promoters and taking his time to pick the right one.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury v Parker - Purse bids ordered for Feb 1st

Unbeaten Manchester heavyweight Hughie Fury (20-0, 10 KOs) cousin of Tyson, is a step closer to facing New Zealand’s WBO world champion Joseph Parker (22-0, 18 KOs) after purse bids were ordered by the governing body today.
    Fury is the mandatory to challenge for Parker’s belt and after waiting patiently for news of a showdown, this is a great update for him and British boxing as his dream of fighting for a world title edges closer.

British Boxers believe that the minimum bid for the fight is $1 million and is to be submitted by February 1st, although there is a chance that both parties could strike a deal before then. But if they don’t, the bids will be opened and the highest will be responsible for organising the fight. Fury who is promoted by Frank Warren will hope his team win the bid as he has previously stated he would like the fight to take place in his home city of Manchester

www.britishboxers.co.uk%29]Hughie Fury set to challenge Joseph Parker for the WBO world heavyweight title | British Boxing News[/url]

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxnation in HD is now free on BT Sports from today

Boxnation is now part of your BT Sport package | BT Sport

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is not HD on the virgin platform? That is wrong.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The HD channel only comes to life when a live fight is on so things like Boxing Matters and Bunces Show are all on the SD channel.
    All i get is the Boxnation logo on the HD channel until fight night

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    The HD channel only comes to life when a live fight is on so things like Boxing Matters and Bunces Show are all on the SD channel.
    All i get is the Boxnation logo on the HD channel until fight night
    and I can't imagine mane people wanting to see Bunce's bonce in HD anyway

Thread Information