Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joe Calzaghle.... King of the World, and you deserve it son. Awesome video

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Calzaghle.... King of the World, and you deserve it son. Awesome video

I wouldn't say that Joe is king of the world yet. He is a good fighter and always has been. And, I wouldn't say that Lacy is an overrated steriod head. The better, more experienced boxer, beat the still green, one dimensional fighter. Credit goes to Joe for putting on a great display of knowledge, heart, and skill. Credit to Jeff for rising through the rankings the way he did, and going to England to challenge the best in the division in his own backyard. Joe is a true champ, and King of the Super-Middies. Jeff deserves some credit too, he just needs some more work.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Calzaghle.... King of the World, and you deserve it son. Awesome video

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    o god, here it comes again. jeff was a big joke but joe beat him so he is now a god. please explain how that adds up??
    i'll try and explain it to you mate

you see before the fight JL ((Jeff Lacy)) was no joke and he was gonna kill Joe in most peoples eyes.. Dont belive me?...look here is a RANDOM post from before the fight... look familiar

let him trade hard punches with JL. JC will be on the cavass with a doc calling for a "crash cart"...... be logical. no "hes english(welsch) and JL is an evil american with GW. BUSH paying for his training. think about it. go get your vid clips. JC only chance is to call up crissy byrd for some "running" tips. he CAN win that way. if he fights like a man? see ya later joe...
    Hope this helps
    Sorry sir, no help at all. Before the fight most people were picking Jeff. Joe clearly out classed him. Yet now so many posters are saying "Jeff are a joke. Jeff are a steroid abusing over protected bum fighter". Yet now Joe is a god. But wait! He only beat a "bumfighting steroid abuser". So if Joe beat a guy who was so bad why is he now "the king of the world"
    so do you think Lacy is a Bum?

Because i dont... he has some good wins on his record and his demolition of Robin Reid was very impressive.... anyone who stated he is now a bum are usually the same guys who dont and never will rate Joe

Lacy when he recovers will still be a force at supermiddle IMO because of his heart, Chin and Power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lacy wasn't a bum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good editing job. You should have added in there Jeffs bombs that just missed early in the fight. If one of those had landed I dont think "King of the world" would have gotten up.
    Just missing is how you want a punch to miss. if punches are missing by a mile you're moving too much. If you can manage to get good enough at slipping that you end up with colly flour ears you're golden.

I haven't seen the fight, and as a Canadian I'd say I'm in pretty neutral ground here. I have your queen on my money, and I share a border with Americans lol. Anyways, you Brits must have been proud. Looks like a masterful performance. Especially considering few people gave Joe much of a chance (myself included). The word 'exposed' gets used far too loosely these days, but Lacy was exposed. At this moment, he does not have the tools to deal with a good boxing performance.

Nice job... and great clip.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jangeorg
    Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...lzaghe&pl=true

BigH and Mad_Dog....ur famous fellas
    Enjoy

Joe Calzaghle has just beat a man who has never delivered a top result internatally as pro or amateur,how ridiculous,he has just beat a overrated and overprotect bum and steroidsabuser
    when will you give it a rest about lacy being a bum? it borders on the obsessive....give it a break, and find something positive!!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    o god, here it comes again. jeff was a big joke but joe beat him so he is now a god. please explain how that adds up??
    i'll try and explain it to you mate

you see before the fight JL ((Jeff Lacy)) was no joke and he was gonna kill Joe in most peoples eyes.. Dont belive me?...look here is a RANDOM post from before the fight... look familiar

let him trade hard punches with JL. JC will be on the cavass with a doc calling for a "crash cart"...... be logical. no "hes english(welsch) and JL is an evil american with GW. BUSH paying for his training. think about it. go get your vid clips. JC only chance is to call up crissy byrd for some "running" tips. he CAN win that way. if he fights like a man? see ya later joe...
    Hope this helps
    saddo for those classic mentalist quotes from the past! timeless!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    Hmm ok thats the first time ive seen calzaghe fight and i must say....he has awful technique from what i saw anyway. If roy jones can get back to his old self then i say calzaghe loses. But a great win for joe and he deserved it
    ur right mate, i always thought his technique wasnt great but it seems to be effective.
    Ive always rated Joe but to be honest im abit surprised at the amount of people who said he was rubbush now claiming hes top PFP.
    jumping on the bandwagon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LarryB
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    Hmm ok thats the first time ive seen calzaghe fight and i must say....he has awful technique from what i saw anyway. If roy jones can get back to his old self then i say calzaghe loses. But a great win for joe and he deserved it
    ur right mate, i always thought his technique wasnt great but it seems to be effective.
    Ive always rated Joe but to be honest im abit surprised at the amount of people who said he was rubbush now claiming hes top PFP.
    jumping on the bandwagon
    that's because nobody ever saw him fight

Thread Information