Ok so Trump insists that he's going to build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico.

Everybody's having a heart attack over it, saying how it'll be the U.S. taxpayers who will end up footing the bill, how this further alienates relations between the U.S. and Mexico, etc. But in the end, it may end up being more of an "effect thing". In other words, the wall may or may not be built in the end. It may prove too costly, and in the end Trump is free to back off from that and do something more practical and less costly.

But the message has already been sent. Trump said he was going to address the border issue, and he's doing it. In the past, too much lip service was done by too many politicians, and the end result was the same. Nothing was ever done, and the U.S.-Mexico border continues to be a very loosely guarded one. Illegal immigrants, not only from Mexico but from other South American countries, flow freely into the U.S. and create all sorts of societal problems. So in the end, if not an expensive concrete wall, then maybe some very enhanced technologies to make the border more secure. Or stricter laws to deport illegal immigrants immediately, or enforcing existing laws more strongly.

Ok so Trump insists on imposing a high tariff on goods manufactured in Mexico from companies that have moved from the U.S., only to sell the products back across the border. Trump also has said he's either going to eliminate NAFTA, or take a long hard look at it, with the purpose of making it more to the U.S.'s benefit.

Again, critics are citing all sorts of economic theories as reasons why none of this will work. And maybe they're right to a point. But the point is Trump had promised this as part of his campaign, and I'll be damned if he hasn't already begun trying to comply with his promise. Again, in the end, it may be more of an "effect tool". Maybe he'll have to revisit some of those thoughts and come up with something that really works to keep the jobs in the U.S. and have more favorable trade agreements. But the point again is that the man is doing something, not sitting on his thumbs like scores of previous politicians in the past who, once elections are over, develop amnesia and fade into Presidential obscurity, protocol, State dinners, etc. Takes six months before anything gets rolling. And then you need everybody and their mother's permission. He has sent the message. "I won't have these unfair trade agreements and I'm going to do something about it." Kudos.

Ok so Trump talked about how waterboarding works.

Critics jumped all over that one, screaming bloody murder that Trump wants to make torture legal. In actuality, Trump has said he'll defer to his more knowledgeable staff on this one... and they've already reassured everyone that torture remains illegal and it'll stay that way. Yet.... once again a message has been sent. Trump will not be one to pussy-foot around known terrorists, worrying about crossing every "t" and dotting every "i" when dealing with known terror cells. Message well sent, and hopefully well received by the "would be's".

Like this there's many others.

I'm not a total Trump fan, nor do I agree with every decision he's made. His insistence on a major investigation into voter fraud infuriates me, considering he's the one sitting in the Oval Office and not Hillary. His Tweeting hopefully will get reigned in a little bit over time. Hopefully he'll yes..... pursue a friendly relationship with Russia..... but not one based on naiveness over Putin. I think some of these things, like Tweeting insults to Meryl Streep, will tone down after Trump's agenda gets too full for that nonsense.

And like I've said before, I'm cheering for him to be successful. Remember the example of rooting against the pilot of the plane you're on.
It's not a wise thing to do.