Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  191
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Brook v Spence result

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr - 27/5/17 Sheffield UK

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr - 27/5/17 Sheffield UK

I think we all saw how important heart is in boxing. Both fighters fought like champions.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    First off I literally had brook winning 2 rounds. Brook had his moments in some rounds but spence was still landing the better shots and doing better at dictating the pace (although I agree that brook threw him off to an extant for sure). I see at most 4 rounds for brook. The one scorecard where it was only a point difference at the time of the stoppage was awful.Anyways, these people making excuses now. Brook looked like a very good fighter in there. Potentially even a p4p fighter. He fought that fight I assumed he would. He tried to counter with the jab and be defensive. He executed his game plan but just got beat. Brook impressed me by showing he hasn't lost a step. Spence showed that he could overcome that and stop brook. There is no WW in the world that is better than brook IMO. I think brook was pretty easily the best WW until spence came along.Spence will destroy Thurman. Spence is a lot better plus it's an awful style matchup for Thurman. Porter would just get countered all night. Garcia doesn't throw enough. Pacqiuao is too old and couldn't handle spence. Crawford is easily his biggest challenge around that weight.
    Yep. It's Crawford vs. Spence within a year for P4P supremacy.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off I literally had brook winning 2 rounds. Brook had his moments in some rounds but spence was still landing the better shots and doing better at dictating the pace (although I agree that brook threw him off to an extant for sure). I see at most 4 rounds for brook. The one scorecard where it was only a point difference at the time of the stoppage was awful.Anyways, these people making excuses now. Brook looked like a very good fighter in there. Potentially even a p4p fighter. He fought that fight I assumed he would. He tried to counter with the jab and be defensive. He executed his game plan but just got beat. Brook impressed me by showing he hasn't lost a step. Spence showed that he could overcome that and stop brook. There is no WW in the world that is better than brook IMO. I think brook was pretty easily the best WW until spence came along.Spence will destroy Thurman. Spence is a lot better plus it's an awful style matchup for Thurman. Porter would just get countered all night. Garcia doesn't throw enough. Pacqiuao is too old and couldn't handle spence. Crawford is easily his biggest challenge around that weight.
    Yep. It's Crawford vs. Spence within a year for P4P supremacy.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I apologies I can't do links on this site for some reason but here is a I think Russian version of the fight if someone wants to watch just cut and paste to the browser

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C1PJbFR54PI

And I have to apologize to powerpuncher, I disagreed saying Kell won more than 2 rounds. I seem to have let the U.K. Announcers sway me. Sucks to know I am so easily manipulated. Upon rewatching and only watching the fight Spence was landing the better more damaging punches, and more, all fight. Props to you powerpuncher for seeing it correct on first viewing.

Edit- what do you know, my link worked. Did it the same as always.
    I was actually shocked that the showtime announces seemed super bias for brook. Spence would land some good punches throughout the round and then brook would land a decent shot and the broadcasters would be like "what a shot by brook! He just won the round with that punch!" I understand the fans cheer for their guy but the announcers were awful for this fight and I generally like Bernstein and Paulie.

Thanks for the apology. I had to watch the fight recorded because I had just gotten back from camping, so I was expecting multiple people to see it like I did even though showtime made it seem like it was so close. Obviously I was wrong.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm gonna call Spence 'Sniper' now, the guy is a real cool customer. He didn't even act like he wanted to smile, not to mention actually celebrate after that win.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    First off I literally had brook winning 2 rounds. Brook had his moments in some rounds but spence was still landing the better shots and doing better at dictating the pace (although I agree that brook threw him off to an extant for sure). I see at most 4 rounds for brook. The one scorecard where it was only a point difference at the time of the stoppage was awful.

Anyways, these people making excuses now. Brook looked like a very good fighter in there. Potentially even a p4p fighter. He fought that fight I assumed he would. He tried to counter with the jab and be defensive. He executed his game plan but just got beat. Brook impressed me by showing he hasn't lost a step. Spence showed that he could overcome that and stop brook. There is no WW in the world that is better than brook IMO. I think brook was pretty easily the best WW until spence came along.

Spence will destroy Thurman. Spence is a lot better plus it's an awful style matchup for Thurman. Porter would just get countered all night. Garcia doesn't throw enough. Pacqiuao is too old and couldn't handle spence. Crawford is easily his biggest challenge around that weight.
    You literally gave Brook 2 rounds and you see at most 4 rounds for Brook all at the same time? Bizarre.

Who's making excuses? Brook, Brooks promoter, and I think anyone else who's commented said the better man won no? Sure there's speculation about weight, the Golovkin affect, should he shouldnt he. But excuses? There are none.
    I don't see why that's bizarre? Maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying.

I've seen multiple people in this thread talk about brook being hesitant because of his other eye or that going back down in weight hurt him. Brook gave no excuses which was nice. Plain and simple, Spence was the better fighter and proved it. Brook showed he was still the same good fighter he always was and even admitted that Spence was probably the best fighter he had ever faced.
    Brook did say Spence is the best and he is the real deal all the questions about him were answered.

Brook showed heart in the 10th and gave it one last effort but was not good enough. No shame in that loss.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Well done Spence, good luck. However, I was surprised how poor he was going backwards, cannon ball Porter must fancy that?
    Yeh didn't like that. And he's tall and stationary in spots. Oddly think Porter gives him tougher fight than Thurman but we'll see.
    He will play with Porter, trust me. Porter is game , but Spence will see him off no problem.
    Going by that fight? He is clueless going anywhere but forward. Ricky Hatton would have looked Duran against him.
    Brook is very skilful and slick. He could make any fighter in the division feel uncomfortable . But Spence overcame that and went on to pull away.
    Porter is very one dimensional and doesn't and wouldn't be able to pose half as many problems for Spence.
    I fully agree with you (the Hatton stuff was tongue in cheek) Spence looked "poor" in places solely because Brook is so good. Overall he backed up his terrific talent by showing all the important stuff that separates elites from champions.

On sober reflection young Spence probably just had his hardest fight in the welterweight division.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I apologies I can't do links on this site for some reason but here is a I think Russian version of the fight if someone wants to watch just cut and paste to the browser

And I have to apologize to powerpuncher, I disagreed saying Kell won more than 2 rounds. I seem to have let the U.K. Announcers sway me. Sucks to know I am so easily manipulated. Upon rewatching and only watching the fight Spence was landing the better more damaging punches, and more, all fight. Props to you powerpuncher for seeing it correct on first viewing.

I was actually shocked that the showtime announces seemed super bias for brook. Spence would land some good punches throughout the round and then brook would land a decent shot and the broadcasters would be like "what a shot by brook! He just won the round with that punch!" I understand the fans cheer for their guy but the announcers were awful for this fight and I generally like Bernstein and Paulie.

Thanks for the apology. I had to watch the fight recorded because I had just gotten back from camping, so I was expecting multiple people to see it like I did even though showtime made it seem like it was so close. Obviously I was wrong.
    If Showtime (USA), SKY (UK) and the vast majority of fans have it a close-ish fight then surely you must consider that YOU are the one showing bias? Surely that makes more sense, no?

You've predicted for months that Spence would win by annihilation. The very fact you're getting irked by commentaters specifically pointing out highlight points for Brook proves you weren't scoring the fight from a neutral perspective.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I think the fight went pretty much as most people expected, I thought Spence might have gotten to him a bit sooner but despite what some dopey cunts out there are saying, Brook's a tough bastard. I think anything other than his eye and he would have ploughed on. You cant really blame a guy for jacking it in with an eye problem when his other one got caved in the previous fight. We want our fighters to be brave, but not stupid.

Actually I take that back. Russian Matt Damon was stupid as fuck and it made for a cracking fight and one of the best stoppages ever. Groves could have been thrown a chair and hit the fucker over the bonce with it, he was not going over!

I thought Groves was bang in trouble early doors but it was deceptive. Groves started to break him down bit by bit but because of Matt Damons poker (vacant) face and metronomic march forward it didn't look like anything Groves did was having an affect. His tight Euro guard started to drop ever so sligtly pretty quikly though.

Some talented boys on the undercard. One (Fowler) should have been DQ'd, came across as a right prick.
    - reading this I started imagining Shane, Barry and everyone else in team Groves ploughing into Matt just to get him off his feet. Barry running around screaming for Haye - "help him up the steps, quick help him up the steps"

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight, Brook had the Porter gameplan with all the holding he was doing, but I still had him winning most of the early rds. Spence put the money in the bank with those body shots, and he just fought more determined. He eventually walked Brook down like most of us thought he would and those GGG with the eye resurfaced and the rest is history.

Stylistically, I believe Brook was a tougher matchup than Thurman. Errol needs to work on fighting off his back foot. Kell was able to exploit that and land good clean shots in the earlier rounds. I doubt Thurman will be able to do the same. Spence will make an effort to make Thurman uncomfortable early with body shots and cutting off the ring.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Showtime (USA), SKY (UK) and the vast majority of fans have it a close-ish fight then surely you must consider that YOU are the one showing bias? Surely that makes more sense, no?

You've predicted for months that Spence would win by annihilation. The very fact you're getting irked by commentaters specifically pointing out highlight points for Brook proves you weren't scoring the fight from a neutral perspective.
    I see how that makes sense, but to me it seemed like people got very swayed by the crowd and commentators.

Brook did do well in spots for sure and made Spence look less than great in spots. The commentators to me seemed obviously bias. I understand many others scored what they scored but they were way more animated when Brook landed one punch that wasn't great than they were when Spence knocked down Brook. Maybe expectations of Spence were too high and they were surprised he wasn't completely dominating

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kell Brook breaks left eye socket against Errol Spence Jr

Kell Brook broke his left eye socket in Saturday's defeat by Errol Spence Jr, his trainer Dominic Ingle has said.

The Briton struggled with swelling on his left eye midway through the bout as he lost the IBF world welterweight title to the American in Sheffield.

Brook, 31, had surgery after breaking his right eye socket in a loss to Gennady Golovkin in September.

"It's the same injury he sustained in the Golovkin fight but in the opposite eye," Ingle told BBC Radio 5 live.

Brook was knocked down by 27-year-old Spence in the 10th round and then stopped in the 11th, with his eye heavily swollen.

"It's disappointing for Kell to find himself in the same place again - in his comeback fight, but with the same damage," Ingle added.

"It is very unusual for it to happen again. He doesn't want to have to go through the same procedure of any operation again. It took a long time out and held him back from his training."

Brook said on Sunday that he knew from the seventh round that he had damaged the eye, adding that he struggled with blurred vision for the rest of the fight.

"I had a CT scan on my eye and the eye is broken again, same as the Golovkin one," Brook told Sky Sports.

"I remember the surgeon saying to me after the Golovkin fight, 'if you would have gone another round or so you could be blind' - so I've got that going through my mind as well."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40075800

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thinking back on Bellews comments (Eubank Jr has had a say on it as well, ha remember him)

If Bellew was in the same situation he'd do exactly the same thing and I can almost 100% predict exactly what he'd say

'The doctor told me before that I could have gone blind if I fought one more round so I had that going through me head, I'm a fighter, I never want to lose and I never want to quit, but before being a fighter I'm a father and I've got 2 (or is it 3, he fucking bleats on about the little fuckers enough so I should know really) beautiful children and I want to be able to see them growing up"

Thread Information