Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  191
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Brook v Spence result

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr - 27/5/17 Sheffield UK

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr - 27/5/17 Sheffield UK

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Thinking back on Bellews comments (Eubank Jr has had a say on it as well, ha remember him)

If Bellew was in the same situation he'd do exactly the same thing and I can almost 100% predict exactly what he'd say

'The doctor told me before that I could have gone blind if I fought one more round so I had that going through me head, I'm a fighter, I never want to lose and I never want to quit, but before being a fighter I'm a father and I've got 2 (or is it 3, he fucking bleats on about the little fuckers enough so I should know really) beautiful children and I want to be able to see them growing up"
    Three beautiful boys.

Brook showed his heart and determination in the 10th round and he should be applauded for his effort not criticised for conceding in the 11th.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thinking back on Bellews comments (Eubank Jr has had a say on it as well, ha remember him)

If Bellew was in the same situation he'd do exactly the same thing and I can almost 100% predict exactly what he'd say

'The doctor told me before that I could have gone blind if I fought one more round so I had that going through me head, I'm a fighter, I never want to lose and I never want to quit, but before being a fighter I'm a father and I've got 2 (or is it 3, he fucking bleats on about the little fuckers enough so I should know really) beautiful children and I want to be able to see them growing up"
    @Batman I hold you responsible because you mentioned that cunt Eubanks name. I had to have a look at what he said. Him and Bellew are the biggest pair of cunts that have ever laced up gives EVER!
    1. How can Eubank consider anything about "giving up your World title belt" when he's never fucking had one? He's a cunt and his opinion holds no water .
    2. Bellew, what a cunt! Has he ever been considered even in the top 5 of any division he has cared to box in? Has he fuck! He got battered by Cleverley at LHW and Stevenson. I didn't see anything remarkable in the "Heart" department in either fight. He then fights one or two CW's (nowhere near the best in the division mind you) and a takes 6 rounds to get a has been HW out of there!
    I swear , if Brook, (or Spence, or GGG or Canelo) or basically anybody decent at any weight, had Haye in the position he was in, they would've finished him quicker than Bellew did.
    How dare these pair of complete cunts pass judgement on a guy who technically is better than they will ever be, and has proved to also show more heart!
    Brook made a decision to fight a guy who was perceived as one of the most dangerous guys on the planet , 2 DIVISIONS ABOVE, in the the blink of an eye. (Let's not forget he got the fight because JR. Bottled it!)
    What have this pair of cunts ever done to compare with that? In that case, they should be ignored.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see any issue with stopping to fight. Spence landed bombs in the 6th. More in the 7th. More in the 8th. More in the 9th. More in the 10th. The fight was over.

Frankly having watched the fight 4 times I am even more impressed with Brook each time. Spence landed some big big punches even early in the fight. Just, Kell has a hell of a beard and a hell of a poker face. Dude fought until there was no hope. Expecting more than that is absurd. Even if the eye injury didn't happen Spence had wore him out. Add an injury and no shot at victory, no reason to fight on.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I don't see any issue with stopping to fight. Spence landed bombs in the 6th. More in the 7th. More in the 8th. More in the 9th. More in the 10th. The fight was over.

Frankly having watched the fight 4 times I am even more impressed with Brook each time. Spence landed some big big punches even early in the fight. Just, Kell has a hell of a beard and a hell of a poker face. Dude fought until there was no hope. Expecting more than that is absurd. Even if the eye injury didn't happen Spence had wore him out. Add an injury and no shot at victory, no reason to fight on.
    I had Kell winning halfway through the fight, but Spence had the balls to work it out and take over and deservedly won the fight.
    Please don't take this as an excuse, I believe it's a fact, but as soon as Brook's eye went (I believe before the knockdown) he lost heart.
    Brook had the same injury against GGG and thought "but that's GGG , these guys can't do that!"
    As soon as he realised Spence had done the same, you could see in the corner it had broken him. He knew that pain, he knew what the surgeon had said and he was beat!
    This doesn't take anything away from Spence. Spence was the best man on the night and showed his class as many "normal" challengers would've lost heart a bit in the early rounds. Spence showed exactly what he is!
    Before the fight, I felt these were no.1 & 2 in the division. I don't think any different now, EXCEPT Spence is numero uno!
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 05-29-2017 at 07:33 AM.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have a couple of like Primo

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why thank you Sir. Sorry , but my "rep" is a pain n my iPad and phone, but appreciate the love! 😘

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Why thank you Sir. Sorry , but my "rep" is a pain n my iPad and phone, but appreciate the love! 😘
    Will you two get a room.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Kell winning halfway through the fight, but Spence had the balls to work it out and take over and deservedly won the fight.
    Please don't take this as an excuse, I believe it's a fact, but as soon as Brook's eye went (I believe before the knockdown) he lost heart.
    Brook had the same injury against GGG and thought "but that's GGG , these guys can't do that!"
    As soon as he realised Spence had done the same, you could see in the corner it had broken him. He knew that pain, he knew what the surgeon had said and he was beat!
    This doesn't take anything away from Spence. Spence was the best man on the night and showed his class as many "normal" challengers would've lost heart a bit in the early rounds. Spence showed exactly what he is!
    Before the fight, I felt these were no.1 & 2 in the division. I don't think any different now, EXCEPT Spence is numero uno!
    I don't know man. It's easy to expect that, it's a natural thought process. And I think of course it entered his mind. But I saw a man that had been injured and had come back out, had been down and got back up. And he continued to throw bombs! A last hurrah maybe but still giving every single bit he had. I don't see how we can say he was broken in the 7th if he was throwing bombs after getting up in the 10th. Beaten, perhaps. But not broken. Dude is all metal.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook is tough. He took huge shots and kept coming. I have no problem with him quitting. The fight was lost at that point and it's not worth losing your vision because you want to be perceived as tougher. Brook made the right decision by quitting.

Spence invested to the body early and I think it helped him be able to land to the head better later and wear Brook down a bit.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lj

I don't know man. It's easy to expect that, it's a natural thought process. And I think of course it entered his mind. But I saw a man that had been injured and had come back out, had been down and got back up. And he continued to throw bombs! A last hurrah maybe but still giving every single bit he had. I don't see how we can say he was broken in the 7th if he was throwing bombs after getting up in the 10th. Beaten, perhaps. But not broken. Dude is all metal.
    Beaten, broken , tomayto, tomato. My point is , that was the turning point. thats when Spence started to dominate. Good luck to Spence , he was superb. He smashed Brook and showed a lot of what he's made of.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook seemed up for the fight right up till the end where the eye must have become a major worry.

9th , 10th were the only rounds that were clearly spences imho

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just saw the fight a few minutes ago, without knowing beforehand who had won. At the time of the stoppage, I had Spence ahead by one point, basically because of the 10-8 of the round before. It was a damn good fight... too bad Brook had his eye damaged. It was his other eye, too. I hope it's nothing too serious.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oops... never mind. Wow... another broken eye socket. Yeah... I'd definitely contemplate retirement if I was him.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunate Brook suffered the injury but I think Spence may have got him out of there in the last round anyway. It was great to see Spence adjust from the midway point and start to take over. This fight ticked a lot of the boxes for Spence. I'm not sure how Brook holds up going forward now with having both eyes being injured. I'm guessing a move to 154 and the Khan fight is still viable.

Thread Information