Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lomachenko vs Sosa on April 8th

Looks like this is a done deal. Good on Sosa for stepping up to the plate and taking the fight. Not like others who demanded more money and preferred to talk rather than fight. Loma should be the big favorite but as long as Sosa doesn't quit he gets my respect.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lomachenko vs Sosa on April 8th

Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Yunieski Gonzalez could be on the undercard. Another fantastic light-heavyweight fight.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lomachenko is p4p the best fighter out there.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I was hoping he would get the Salido rematch next to avenge that loss. Then Corrales fell through. Sosa is a decent filler. I think Loma walks right through him tho.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I was hoping he would get the Salido rematch next to avenge that loss. Then Corrales fell through. Sosa is a decent filler. I think Loma walks right through him tho.
    Agreed. I've totally slept on this fight until yesterday. Not sure of particulars but was Loma throwing "coward" around referring to other guys? Sosa honestly is a guy who has extended his 15 minutes from a draw with Walters that had no business being a draw by bricking Fortuna when behind but Loma is going to absolutely chew him to pieces.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Agreed. I've totally slept on this fight until yesterday. Not sure of particulars but was Loma throwing "coward" around referring to other guys? Sosa honestly is a guy who has extended his 15 minutes from a draw with Walters that had no business being a draw by bricking Fortuna when behind but Loma is going to absolutely chew him to pieces.
    Sosa has made the most of his opportunities. He is not expected to win here so I don't think a lose hurts him too severely. He signed the contract to fight Lomachenko; nuff said. I wonder if it was Arum trying to lowball Salido & Corrales or if the offers were reasonable. Salido was waiting on Vargas but now that has evaporated $$$ wise so he is left in limbo. I think Corrales has been making good money in Japan so I can understand him also wanting a bigger slice to fight Loma.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I havent seen sosa since the bizzare draw v walters, I see he went on to win a world title and defend it, so he cant be a mug( i thought he was outclassed by walters)... Well if lomachenko cant get the big fights might as well take on other title holders too, I don't mind this fight, hopefully he gets a couple of big names in the near future though, not that being a big name necessarily means they are the best opponent of course S:

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I havent seen sosa since the bizzare draw v walters, I see he went on to win a world title and defend it, so he cant be a mug( i thought he was outclassed by walters)... Well if lomachenko cant get the big fights might as well take on other title holders too, I don't mind this fight, hopefully he gets a couple of big names in the near future though, not that being a big name necessarily means they are the best opponent of course S:
    This is not even a part unification now as the WBO only recognizes the WBA Super champion for unification's. Sosa has given up his WBA Regular title. After this Loma needs to fight the Miura vs Berchelt winner, Corrales and/or revenge his loss. If he goes straight to 135 for Mikey it will be outstanding.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Sosa has made the most of his opportunities. He is not expected to win here so I don't think a lose hurts him too severely. He signed the contract to fight Lomachenko; nuff said. I wonder if it was Arum trying to lowball Salido & Corrales or if the offers were reasonable. Salido was waiting on Vargas but now that has evaporated $$$ wise so he is left in limbo. I think Corrales has been making good money in Japan so I can understand him also wanting a bigger slice to fight Loma.
    Both seemed to be floating with no dates to make and it's a low risk low pay out...Arum loves some low pay out ...and also has Loma sticking his foot in the home of Corrales as Sosa also owns a wba trinket. There are fans who would pay to watch the craft and mind of Loma simply sparring or boxing his shadow and it's a reasonable nights work against what will be an all to willing Sosa. Salido is running out of tomorrows and will make no better spotlight now than giving Loma a date to right his loss. Maybe it's around the corner.

Thread Information